Mind Gem Season Updates (1/9/18)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about new 4* progression rewards?
    If my guess is right, we have about 10 days before the next one.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @JHawkInc  
     I hope you are right and soon we will get notice of new updates to 4* champ rewards ... 
    I would have expected to get some rebalances/buffs too, so I am quite disappointed so far...
    but we can still have hope  :)

• Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What about new 4* progression rewards?
    And what about 3* champ rewards? I still find sooo weird to have Patch/Colossus, DD/Elektra and others giving the same 4*, while there are 4*s without a single 3* feeder at all...  :/
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to see Thing, falcap, and spider woman get some buffs from the 4*

and from the 5* banner, dock Ock, and star lord could use some minor buffs.  
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a monster slap in the face. No rebalances/buffs/5* champion feeders with the upcoming season ...... no nerf to god-mode gambit (rendering another season of unplayable staleness as mentioned above).  

Looks we have yet another lazy season where we all fight like crazy for weeks on end for a measly heroic pack that usually yields mostly 2*. We give this game gold and we get peanuts in return.

I have never seen such an expensive, time consuming game give back so little in return. Not to mention all the bugs & glitches left untouched too. Woof.

#NerfGambitAlready
    The people who flagged this for "abuse" need to have their flagging privileges revoked.
    My thoughts as well, are people that sensitive to slightest bit of harsh criticism they feel it is necessary to tattle. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    mega ghost said: There is probably an official list of rebalances somewhere but I can't find it.
    I haven't seen an official list, like something posted separately that players can reference, so I'm working on one, but in the meantime, a quick list.

• Season XXXII - Silver Surfer & Amadeus Cho
    • Power Gem 1 - Star Lord & 3* Champ Reward Updates
    • Time Gem 1 - Invisibly Woman
    • Reality Gem 1 - Miles Morales
    • Soul Gem 1 - Steve Rogers (First Avenger)
    • Mind Gem 1 - Mr. Fantastic & Sam Wilson (Falcon)
    • Space Gem 1 - Wasp & Spider-Gwen
    • Power Gem 2 - Elektra, Carnage, and Old Man Logan
    • Time Gem 2 - Carnage and Drax
    • Reality Gem 2 -
    • Soul Gem 2 - Venom (Eddie) and Spider-Man (Classic)
    • Mind Gem 2 - Riri Williams and Mordo
    • Space Gem 2 - Ghost Rider and Kingpin
    • Power Gem 3 -
    • Time Gem 3 - Nick Fury and Psylocke
    • Reality Gem 3 -
    • Soul Gem 3 - Gambit and Gambit
    • Mind Gem 3 -
    So, 17 normal seasons + Power Gem 3 (which was short, but when combined with the Infinity Season and Anniversary fills out about the same amount of space as a normal season), and we have:

• four 5* updates (Surfer, Cap, OML, Gambit)
    • seventeen 4* updates (Cho, SL, IW, Miles, MrF, Wasp, Spider-Gwen, Elektra, Carnage x2, Drax, Eddie, Riri, Mordo, GR, Kingpin, Fury)
    • four 3* updates (Falcon, Spidey, Psylocke, Gambit).
    • a stealth 1* Spider-Man change in the middle of all that that they never announced or explained
    So we're just about averaging a 4* per season, with bonus 3*s/5*s thrown in, even when they take a season off.
    Thanks for putting that together!
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    I'm going to point out something  - while I'm also disspointed that there are no rebalances this season for the 5*s that desperately need it (I feel that Gambit is still out of control, and there are 5*s out there that are just plain awful,) remember that there was a period of over a week where there was no one in the D3 offices - development takes time and this was over the end of the year with holidays and such.  The fact that there was nothing significant done this time around doesn't mean much.
    But it's not like they are only doing stuff on the go. Companies like this has months of content planned ahead, I'm simply just so disappointed that we have nothing new this month, well, apart the new releases that obviously brings them the most money. It's not like Gambit "re-balance" was something huge, nerf to 5* Gambit was a joke and 3* version was gutted completely, it's like they just threw a random idea and added a bunch of numbers around it. I even sold my already champed Gambit, that's pretty much the only thing I can do to show my disappointment. It doesn't take that much brainpower to come up with a few ideas for all the useless 3* heroes to at least bring them to a relevant level. 
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No Gambit 5* nerf, no MMR changes so another relaxing season out of PVP, less play and more free time for another games. Nice :smiley:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm fully not expecting 5* Gambit to be significantly nerfed until he's in Classics.

I only have one 5* champ, so he's fairly easy for me to avoid in PvP, and I know it's ruining the PvP experience for some, but I don't understand why people are surprised there isn't a significant fix for him yet. Honestly, I'm surprised we even got the rebalance we did, such as it was. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One day, Banner...

One day...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Washed up vets who had "quit" the game, still coming here to complain.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a monster slap in the face. No rebalances/buffs/5* champion feeders with the upcoming season ...... no nerf to god-mode gambit (rendering another season of unplayable staleness as mentioned above).  

Looks we have yet another lazy season where we all fight like crazy for weeks on end for a measly heroic pack that usually yields mostly 2*. We give this game gold and we get peanuts in return.

I have never seen such an expensive, time consuming game give back so little in return. Not to mention all the bugs & glitches left untouched too. Woof.

#NerfGambitAlready
    The people who flagged this for "abuse" need to have their flagging privileges revoked.
    The flagging feature on this site is a joke. People flag just because they dont agree with someones opinion. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    tiomono said:
    udonomefoo said:I

#NerfGambitAlready
    The flagging feature on this site is a joke. People flag just because they dont agree with someones opinion. 
    Or they flag because someone blows something massively out of proportion by calling a free to play game expensive, and saying the developers have monster slapped the players because they dared to not change some characters this season.

Why is it the forums require us to respect other forum users but it's apparently ok to disrespect the devs all you want?
    But they are still entitled to express that opinion. Just cause others disagree with it, does not make it worthy of flagging. 

They could choose to flag peoples posts who defend the developers, is that acceptable too? No, because the people who defend them are entitled to that opinion also. 
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    No buff to Doc Ock and Banner? They really need some help. No reworked 5s for a long time. 

Edit.Buffed probably means more boosted now. 
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X said:
    No buff to Doc Ock and Banner? They really need some help. No reworked 5s for a long time. 

Edit.Buffed probably means more boosted now. 
    Doc Ock is a 5* Bag-man.  I don't even know if he is salvageable without them completely abandoning the entire concept of his green and I don't think they will do that.  
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed but there really should not be any bag man class 5s.