4* Progression Updates Rollout: Slower than Molasses

Options
Noobulator
Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
Can you all please update the 4* progression rewards faster and please communicate the approach strategy to us? Thanks!

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    please communicate
    lol
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd like to know who gives what and when, but I'm not in a hurry to have them roll it out.  If they keep the same release mechanic we'll get them in arrears.  Once they release, if you haven't passed the appropriate levels already, you lose an LT for each one.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    I'd like to know who gives what and when, but I'm not in a hurry to have them roll it out.  If they keep the same release mechanic we'll get them in arrears.  Once they release, if you haven't passed the appropriate levels already, you lose an LT for each one.
    Yes, but I for one would set my Bonus Hero differently.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The 4* champions feeding 5* is the best thing in the game for me right now. Definitely would love to see them rolled out faster and more often. Please let’s get Surfer and Phx soon-ish.... 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Giving away free 5* covers isn't something they want to do all willy nilly. Doing it slow is a good thing, as it minimizes the chance that they would go to waste.

If they dumped a dozen updated 4*s on us at once, people would end up with 5*s ready to champ, and not enough ISO for all of them, and it would be disastrous.

I'd love for them to do maybe two at a time, but the fact that they're doing it at all is amazing.

As for a schedule, so far every announcement has come about a week after the Season Updates, so there's that. It's not set in stone by any means, but it's the pattern we have so far.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadsider said:
    Calnexin said:
    Yes, but I for one would set my Bonus Hero differently.
    Hence why they don't tell us....
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Giving away free 5* covers isn't something they want to do all willy nilly. Doing it slow is a good thing, as it minimizes the chance that they would go to waste.

If they dumped a dozen updated 4*s on us at once, people would end up with 5*s ready to champ, and not enough ISO for all of them, and it would be disastrous.
    For that to happen you would have to have several 5*s at 10-12 covers, 4* feeders high enough to give you multiple 5* covers as champ rewards, and no ISO.  I'm willing to bet that a very small percentage of the player base.

At their rate of 1 per season, it will take over a year to get to them all.  That's way too slow.  It should be 1 every 2 weeks at the minimum.