That horrible HoD 5E node

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
Let’s share strategies!  I am having trouble but don’t have time right now to really go at it.  Have a champed 5pidey and my Strange is only 2/1/1.  Gambit may be my answer at 375 and 2/4/3.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Let’s share strategies!  I am having trouble but don’t have time right now to really go at it.  Have a champed 5pidey and my Strange is only 2/1/1.  Gambit may be my answer at 375 and 2/4/3.
    That Gambit will do nothing against 515 enemies.
    You'll need to whale.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I used Riri/Wasp, but took some boosts for the fourth pass. I'm also only in SCL8, mostly because I knew this node was lurking.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Managed to do it with whales=)) (SCL9) Of course it took me 4 attempts and all ten health packs before i can send the whales.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    used vulture and DD as a meat shield collecting black and purple for his stun. he died on the last clear so I have to reset him. bg/bp boosts.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My strategy was to go SCL7 too make it stupid easy.  It worked.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    In the past I used whales for the 3rd+ clears in CL9.  This time I was able to do the first 4 clears without whales thanks for XFDP being boosted.  

I used Surfer/XFDP.  Surfer mostly was just there as a damage sponge.  XFDP did most of the damage at almost 9k per retal.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    My strategy is to not have 5trange rostered. That way I cannot even attempt to try the node.
    Sadly it looks like I will only finish in the top 100, but hey... it's still one Kraven, and I got more CP in the progression rewards. I doubt I would have been able to finish in the top 20 of SCL 8 anyway.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Worked pretty well for me, too. At that level Riri and Gwenpool were capable of handling it just fine.