TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    ohhellno...lol
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Gunmix25 said:
    One word.... Slivers 

The original incarnation that is. 

Good lord what MTGPQ would be like with those in a deck. 
    I think it would work a bit like rally, wouldn't it? Though with the limit of 3 creatures there are more limits placed on the slivers.
    Me, I think the Urza lands might be interesting (gain one Mana at beginning of turn, if all three are on the board each gives three Mana) especially with the potential of them just getting eaten by matches and support removal. Could act as a risky colorless ramp.

Personally I'd love to see Slivers and Urza lands.  I like your Urza idea.

My idea to make Slivers playable in mtgpq: Slivers could be just 1/1 abilityless tokens, but cards like "Heart Sliver" could be a support that reads "All slivers you control gain haste, put a 1/1 sliver token into play."  Make all the sliver boosts supports that generate a 1/1 abilityless sliver token (that gains the ability of the support as soon as it hits play).

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Gunmix25 said:
    One word.... Slivers 

I think it would work a bit like rally, wouldn't it? Though with the limit of 3 creatures there are more limits placed on the slivers.
    Me, I think the Urza lands might be interesting (gain one Mana at beginning of turn, if all three are on the board each gives three Mana) especially with the potential of them just getting eaten by matches and support removal. Could act as a risky colorless ramp.

Personally I'd love to see Slivers and Urza lands.  I like your Urza idea.

My idea to make Slivers playable in mtgpq: Slivers could be just 1/1 abilityless tokens, but cards like "Heart Sliver" could be a support that reads "All slivers you control gain haste, put a 1/1 sliver token into play."  Make all the sliver boosts supports that generate a 1/1 abilityless sliver token (that gains the ability of the support as soon as it hits play).

That would make a Sliver Queen a lot of fun, especially with a Tezz.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited January 2018

That would make a Sliver Queen a lot of fun, especially with a Tezz.
    haha yeah, Sliver Queen would have to be something super powerful like a support with "When this support enters play, put a 1/1 colorless sliver into play.  At the beginning of your turn, put X 1/1 colorless slivers into play, where X is the power of all slivers in play."
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    One word.... Slivers 

yeah it kind of is....

Green slivers: give all slivers in play +2/+2 when entering the battlefield.

or

Green slivers: "Whenever a sliver enters the battlefield convert 4 gems to green."

or

Green slivers: "Whenever a sliver enters the battlefield destroy 1 support gem your opponent controls."

Red Slivers: give all slivers in play haste and berserk when this creature enters the battlefield.

or

Red Slivers: "Whenever a sliver attacks, they deal 1 damage to the opponent for each sliver in play"

White Slivers: give all slivers in play First strike when entering the battlefield.

or

White Slivers: give all slivers in play hexproof when entering the battlefield.

Blue Slivers: give all slivers in play flying when entering the battlefield.

or

Blue Slivers: "When a sliver attacks, disable the first non-disabled creature opponent controls until end of turn."

Black slivers: give all slivers in play Lifelink when this creature enters the battlefield.

or

Black slivers: "When a sliver dies, give a target creature -2/-2.

haha yeah, Sliver Queen would have to be something super powerful like a support with "When this support enters play, put a 1/1 colorless sliver into play.  At the beginning of your turn, put X 1/1 colorless slivers into play, where X is the power of all slivers in play."

I really like this idea!
  • TheDragonHermit
    The best part about the slivers as being posed is that Greg can have fun with that too, sounds like he could navigate that without problem.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree on the support implementation for most but the sliver queen _needs_ to be a creature that can be killed in some way, otherwise you can't go on a proper bug hunt.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to see more supports that affect more than just the first slot. Cast out is quite nice, as is Trial of Ambition, which makes me want more. A cheaper variant of cast out that only forces can't attack for instance. I'd also like some supports that give +X/+X (probably 2) to all your creatures while they exist, and they don't reinforce. Say, a common +1/+1 with 2 shields for 5, an uncommon +2/+2 with 3 shields for 7, and a rare +4/+4 with 3 shields for 12.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or design space that hasn't been used yet "gives +x/+x where x = number of shields" (or -x/-x)
  • TheDragonHermit
    One just for fun deck in paper I played paired Planar Birth with Copperleaf Angel. So Copperleaf Angel: 2/2 flying for 15 with, activate (some number) drain your hand of Mana, Copperleaf Angel gets +x/+x where x is the Mana drained divided by 3.
    Planar Birth could be a white ramp.
  • FindingHeart8

yeah it kind of is....

Green slivers: give all slivers in play +2/+2 when entering the battlefield.

or

Green slivers: "Whenever a sliver enters the battlefield convert 4 gems to green."

or

Green slivers: "Whenever a sliver enters the battlefield destroy 1 support gem your opponent controls."

Red Slivers: give all slivers in play haste and berserk when this creature enters the battlefield.

or

Red Slivers: "Whenever a sliver attacks, they deal 1 damage to the opponent for each sliver in play"

White Slivers: give all slivers in play First strike when entering the battlefield.

or

White Slivers: give all slivers in play hexproof when entering the battlefield.

Blue Slivers: give all slivers in play flying when entering the battlefield.

or

Blue Slivers: "When a sliver attacks, disable the first non-disabled creature opponent controls until end of turn."

Black slivers: give all slivers in play Lifelink when this creature enters the battlefield.

or

Black slivers: "When a sliver dies, give a target creature -2/-2.

I really like this idea!
    I see someone knows their slivers ;)

Yeah...in mtg I've always enjoyed the dread of going up against a sliver deck, knowing the powerhouse that it is but with the Achille's Heel of being easily shut down during construction, or by a wrath, or by other slivers (before they made them tribal and an almost copyright infringement of Predator...sad day).

Love your ideas and would love to see old school slivers transferred to mtgpq (maybe slightly weaker than your suggestions so they aren't *too* overpowered, and make the white hexproof sliver white/blue :)  )
  • Gunmix25
    edited January 2018
    (before they made them tribal and an almost copyright infringement of Predator...sad day).
    And don't forget the Hibernation Sliver image .... that created a tinykitty storm. The artist even admitted to being inspired by Giger's art work for Aliens. Smh. Slivers were tricky to put down on canvas because they were so alien at the time.

Yeah I know my Slivers. Lol! My favorite creature in the entire MTG collection. 

Speaking of... maybe Oktagon could release mini "throwback" tribal-ish sets inbetween major sets? Maybe some 30 to 60 cards. 5 or 10 for each color and 5 or 10 for colorless. Be it Slivers, soldiers, Goblins, dragons, minotaurs, horses etc. Released much in manner that PW are released. First in a cash purchase fat pack. Then two weeks later as a crystal purchase fat pack for F2P? Then follow up with an event that focuses on objectives from that mini throwback set. 

Oh geez, that would be so awesome and fun

@Brigby maybe something to bring up to Oktagon? Be a fun way to throw in older cards.
  • FindingHeart8
    @Gunmix25

Yeah there are times I wondered if Wizard's development team just gave up on creativity and were like "which popular genre can I copy off of next!"  But maybe I'm a bit spoiled from the times where they did actually have some pretty great ideas.

@Brigby

Yeah a throwback bringing back some old tribal would be splendid!  Maybe splice them in as an expansive Origins set?  Slivers would be #1 on my list.  We got some base cards for elf tribal, but no real follow through.  Minotaurs got a bit in amonkhet, but only for a very narrow playstyle.

WE COULD BRING BACK KAVU!!! :D:D:D
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Gunmix25 I think it'd really depend on how flexible Oktagon's development list is, and whether we get approval from Wizards of the Coast, but that's certainly an interesting idea.

Right now the team is playing catch up though, so I speculate that if they were able to do something like that, it wouldn't be for quite a while.
  • Gunmix25
    Brigby said:
    @Gunmix25 I think it'd really depend on how flexible Oktagon's development list is, and whether we get approval from Wizards of the Coast, but that's certainly an interesting idea.

Right now the team is playing catch up though, so I speculate that if they were able to do something like that, it wouldn't be for quite a while.
    Thank you for the response @Brigby
    I'm cheering on Oktagon as they have taken on a daunting assignment trying to catch up.  Really looking forward to see how their mind works with the release of Ixalan. 

That said, I really do think Oktagon could pull off mini tribal packs in the future for freshness and would be a lot of fun. That and you guys can make a little more coin. ;) I'd be happy to revisit this idea later once Oktagon gets caught up. Thanks buddy
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    How about asking players to submit one card they would like to see, then have them do it as a masterpiece card or special purchase card.  It could be added to the Origins packs for placement purposes.

• FindingHeart8
    How about asking players to submit one card they would like to see, then have them do it as a masterpiece card or special purchase card.  It could be added to the Origins packs for placement purposes.

that could be fun too!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Gunmix25 said:
    One word.... Slivers 

I like the idea but I doubt I would sacrifice 3 card slots for it. It would be a nice option for new players if they are easy to collect though.