Daredevil or Archangel

13»

Comments

• BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Polares said:
     (Thor also doesn’t look that good).
    Thor is pretty good, especially in PvE at half health. He makes things fast.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    VizMantis said:
    Can confirm.  I pulled my hoard (I’ll get around to posting the full rundown eventually).  GThor and Gambit built fine, but DD came in at 1/10/7, so I needed some CS help.  Got confirmation on 26th, instruction to sell covers on 27th, and the yellow DD covers today.  I don’t know how long it usually takes, but the turnaround time seemed good for the holidays.
    I submitted a request before Christmas and had a similar turnaround time, so from what I can see this isn't delayed by the holidays. It might take longer to get responses from elevated issues though.

In other news, I tried out my 5/3/5 Daredevil in Enemy of the State where he's boosted. He and Gamora was a true power couple, wiping out ninjas with ease. I was originally thinking perhaps I should level him up a bit too to take advantage of the week-long boost, but I am not sure it is necessary at the moment, he seems to perform just fine at level 255.
    Anyway, I certainly don't regret chasing his covers.
    Which CL are you playing? Daredevil became my first 5* champ about a month ago or so, and when boosted, CL8 becomes easy mode. I figured I'd give CL9 a shot this time, since it will be the last time DD will be featured before shuffling off to Classic status. I've tried CL9 once or twice before, and while I could handle the nodes for the most part, I found the increase in the time it took to clear wasn't worth the modest increase in rewards, so I've been sticking to CL8.

But I'm happy to report that even CL9 is still pretty easy with a champed essential 5*. So far, anyway. It doesn't hurt that Medusa and G4mora are boosted, either. 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:

I've tried CL9 once or twice before, and while I could handle the nodes for the most part, I found the increase in the time it took to clear wasn't worth the modest increase in rewards, so I've been sticking to CL8.
    As a 4* player, I’ve always stuck to SCL7, because I didn’t think the rewards in SCL8 justified the additional time commitment.  Now that I have some 5*s, I was thinking maybe I should hop up to SCL9, where the rewards were better?  Sounds like they’re still not great.  So I’ll stick to SCL7 and continue to enjoy my 4*s in PVE.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigBZ32 said:
    Polares said:
     (Thor also doesn’t look that good).
    Thor is pretty good, especially in PvE at half health. He makes things fast.
    This. My Thor is 1/2/4 at 255 and already he's showing some fangs.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd pull for Daredevil right now, get as much coverage as you can while he's in Latests.

Archangel just seems to be very underwhelming.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Archangel's black seems to be the only true good skill and its cheap but you wont probably wont get the damage out of those CD's.

Blue & green costs too much for what they do. Sure anti-airborne is good for like 3 characters...  and random AP destruction, that will just be very frustrating to use (i.e. She-Hulk's green). I can't foresee him being a good character but who knows.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I got lucky and managed to fully cover Archangel during his special token run. 

The question of who you should try to cover falls down to your personal roster and what kind of player you are.

Archangel is a great partner for 5* Gambit, especially now that Gambit's black destroys 2 enemy AP per turn. I have gone through quite a few battles where the enemy team has never been able to fire off an ability because with the combination of Gambit's AP burn and Arch's black and green, you can shut down almost any team.

This team is great for taking on stronger teams if you are up for the challenge. However, while offensively awesome, I have a feeling defensively it's not so great. The AI won't know which AP color to block so you are looking at black being potentially wasted. And although the green does some nice damage and AP destruction, the AP destruction is random. 

All in all, I think he is a solid support character.

Daredevil, on the other hand, is a good stand alone character and is a great partner for Thanos for PvE. However, he doesn't partner so well with Gambit as you won't be able to use his pink unless you plan on sacrificing Gambit and isn't much of a thread defensively in PvP if you know what you are doing. 

So to be brief:

If you have a Gambit (or plan to acquire Gambit) and have no 5* Thanos, you should probably go for Archangel since they work very well together.

If you have a Thanos but not Gambit, go for DD.

If you have both a Thanos and a Gambit and are serious PvE player, go for DD.

If you have both a Thanos and a Gambit and are a serious PvP player, go for Archangel.

If you have both a Thanos and a Gambit and are serious player for both PvE and PvP, hmmmm...probably go for DD since his heal helps cut down on HP use.

And if you have neither Thanos nor Gambit, DD is the better bet.

Of course this is just a general guide. Do what you think will make you happiest. I chased after Archangel because he is one of my favorite X-men characters and have absolutely no regrets doing so. It seems pretty clear to me that the devs intended for him to be a good partner for Gambit which I think he is. The only problem is that Gambit is a good partner with almost any character he doesn't have significant color overlap with lol

And him, Gambit and 50% health Thor are the truth! 

Good luck to everyone with whichever character you decide to chase. ゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v

• Melovingu1
    Melovingu1 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I haven't ran into that situation yet, Just for my info > How would you word a cover swap wit C/S 
  • DarthDeVo
    I haven't ran into that situation yet, Just for my info > How would you word a cover swap wit C/S 
     The last time I pulled,  I had an excess of green Daredevil colors and wanted yellow. So in that instance I said something like, "I pulled a series of covers from the Latest Legends store and received two duplicate green covers (Hand-to-Hand) for Daredevil. I would please like to exchange these two covers for two yellow (Fighting Spirit) covers. Thank you."

Basically just say which color covers for a character you pulled extra for, and which covers you would like in exchange. And just because in my example I exchanged two of one color for two of another doesn't mean you have to do exactly that. If you pull a character from scratch and RNGesus decides to bless you with 10 of one color and only one each of the other two colors you could say, "I pulled five extra green covers. I would like three purple and two yellow," or whatever combination you would like. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    VizMantis said:
    Can confirm.  I pulled my hoard (I’ll get around to posting the full rundown eventually).  GThor and Gambit built fine, but DD came in at 1/10/7, so I needed some CS help.  Got confirmation on 26th, instruction to sell covers on 27th, and the yellow DD covers today.  I don’t know how long it usually takes, but the turnaround time seemed good for the holidays.
    I submitted a request before Christmas and had a similar turnaround time, so from what I can see this isn't delayed by the holidays. It might take longer to get responses from elevated issues though.

In other news, I tried out my 5/3/5 Daredevil in Enemy of the State where he's boosted. He and Gamora was a true power couple, wiping out ninjas with ease. I was originally thinking perhaps I should level him up a bit too to take advantage of the week-long boost, but I am not sure it is necessary at the moment, he seems to perform just fine at level 255.
    Which CL are you playing? Daredevil became my first 5* champ about a month ago or so, and when boosted, CL8 becomes easy mode. I figured I'd give CL9 a shot this time, since it will be the last time DD will be featured before shuffling off to Classic status. I've tried CL9 once or twice before, and while I could handle the nodes for the most part, I found the increase in the time it took to clear wasn't worth the modest increase in rewards, so I've been sticking to CL8.

But I'm happy to report that even CL9 is still pretty easy with a champed essential 5*. So far, anyway. It doesn't hurt that Medusa and G4mora are boosted, either. 
    I play SCL 9 for the best progression rewards. Getting a fourstar cover for top 50 is also nice. It was tough when Daredevil only had a single green cover, but with yellow and purple maxed he is performing a lot better - but of course boosted Gamora helps since there are two cheap stuns and two passives that trigger off stunned enemies.
    Heck, I have actually waited for a Smoke Bomb to go off so DD could get more strike tiles when he used his purple.
  • DarthDeVo
    Quebbster said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    VizMantis said:

I play SCL 9 for the best progression rewards. Getting a fourstar cover for top 50 is also nice. It was tough when Daredevil only had a single green cover, but with yellow and purple maxed he is performing a lot better - but of course boosted Gamora helps since there are two cheap stuns and two passives that trigger off stunned enemies.
    Heck, I have actually waited for a Smoke Bomb to go off so DD could get more strike tiles when he used his purple.
    Yep, it's fun doing that. I also like doing it with the Maggia Muscle goons and their Threaten tiles. "Oh, you like strike tiles? Me too! I'll take yours, please and thank you very much. How much do you like them now?"
  • Melovingu1
    Thxs 4 the info that really helps > but under wat or wat section do you submit a ticket there's no C/S section. Sry 4 acting like a bag-of-rocks? 
  • Melovingu1
    I'm n the forum now just lookin around 
  • Melovingu1
    Ahh **** isn't it on the the help page top right. 
  • Melovingu1
    Sent ticket thxs tho