Daredevil or Archangel

Options

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    Yup, I’m sold on pulling for DD and I just hit 300 LL pulls yesterday!  I’m probably going to sit on it a bit longer so I can build up as much ISO as possible (I’ve only got 3.8 mil right now).  But I’ll definitely be pulling before AA makes his appearance.
    Just be sure to give yourself a couple of days before DD leaves to initiate CS swaps (if needed) while he's technically still a Latest Legend.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kishida said:
    Just be sure to give yourself a couple of days before DD leaves to initiate CS swaps (if needed) while he's technically still a Latest Legend.
    Zounds!  Is CS really so strict that they won’t do a swap if you file when the character is Latest but they don’t get around to addressing it until he’s not?  Is a couple of days enough time for them to even get to my ticket?
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    Kishida said:
    Zounds!  Is CS really so strict that they won’t do a swap if you file when the character is Latest but they don’t get around to addressing it until he’s not?  Is a couple of days enough time for them to even get to my ticket?

I remember on the MPQ subreddit a little while ago that somebody was denied Spidey swaps because Thor had rotated in before they contacted CS despite their Spidey pulls happening when he was in LL tokens. It seems like there is a 24-hour window to initiate contact, but better safe than sorry. If ISO is your only concern, there's no reason not to give yourself a small cushion of 1-2 days. (Also, as a bonus if you do need swaps, you get to keep the extra iso from selling your unusable covers.)
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I would leave more than 1-2 days with holidays coming up. That's just me being overly cautious though
  • VizMantis
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good to know, thanks for the heads up!  I’ll leave at least a 1 week buffer for CS to do their thing.  Hopefully I get lucky on covers and don’t even need them.  

Then again, the fact that I’m 4+ years in and don’t have more than 7 covers in a single 5* doesn’t give me great faith in my luck.
  • jki_23
    jki_23 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

VizMantis said:
    Good to know, thanks for the heads up!  I’ll leave at least a 1 week buffer for CS to do their thing.  Hopefully I get lucky on covers and don’t even need them.  

Then again, the fact that I’m 4+ years in and don’t have more than 7 covers in a single 5* doesn’t give me great faith in my luck.
    Good luck man, look forward to hear your results.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    If I have around 215 LL pulls and a 1/2/0 DD is it worth trying to pull him now that far from the magic 300 LLs or should I just give up on DD in the Latest Legends pool?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kross said:
    If I have around 215 LL pulls and a 1/2/0 DD is it worth trying to pull him now that far from the magic 300 LLs or should I just give up on DD in the Latest Legends pool?
    @Kross You need 10 more covers to hit 13 for Daredevil. On average, that would require the equivalent of ~200 LTs or 5000CP, so I'd say you're quite safe. You also have the buffer of at least 15 extra LTs, plus any LTs and CPs you get from 4* champion rewards. So if you really want a champed Daredevil, I say go for it, especially because you can contact CS to swap any dupes.

As an added bonus, you'll also get covers for Gambit and Thor (about 10 each on average, assuming RNG plays by the rules), so once you have Daredevil covered you can resume hoarding and decide if you want to covermax either Gambit or Thor (or both) before they leave Latests.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When does DD leave tokens btw? Anybody know?

Two weeks after the Angel of Death store closed, so January 1st or 2nd. If you want DD, open in December just to be on the safe side.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok ....I may have stepped in it a little bit last night. In a moment of weakness I cracked open some of my hoard and am now faced with a choice. I have a 5/3/5 Daredevil with two extra covers dying on the vine. Do I make the mad dash to champing him and entering 5* MMR land or do I let them die and stay the course in 4* land. For reference I have 50 4* champs. Does having one champed 5* make me vulnerable to the many Gambits out there? Any advice?
  • VizMantis
    Options
    From everything I’ve heard, powering up 1 5* doesn’t affect your mmr much.  It’s not until you champ 2 that things get hairy. Just what I’ve read though, I can’t speak from personal experience.  If that’s accurate though, I say go for it.  DD is top tier and his true healing seems like it makes him a pretty ideal first 5*.  
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Yeah, Gambit would be better, but I don't think DD is a bad way to start the fivestar transition. With only one fivestar champion you shouldn't get matched against dual championed fivestar players, so just skip the guys who have Gambit as their only fivestar champion and you should be good.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So how does cover swapping with CS work? Do I need screen shots or anything like that?

Do they send me a specific cover if I ask for it?
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah they do. Just tell them what you have, they'll check your extras to confirm it, then they'll have you sell off the extra and then the CS fairies will reward you with the cover you request. As long as the character is still in LL token pool of course.
  • VizMantis
    Options
    Speaking of which, what’s the best way to contact CS to get these swaps going?  I’ve always reported bugs via the “Contact Us” link in the in-app Help page.  But I feel like there might be a more direct way?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    Speaking of which, what’s the best way to contact CS to get these swaps going?  I’ve always reported bugs via the “Contact Us” link in the in-app Help page.  But I feel like there might be a more direct way?
    I think you can email them directly, but they seem to prefer you using the in-game function as that includes account and device info automatically. I use that way whenever possible to speed things up.
    But yes, you need to tell them what extra covers you have and what you would like to exchange it for. It needs to be an unusable cover (i.e. sixth cover in a given color) for a character with less than 13 covers that's currently available in Latest Legends. Then they'll check your account and verify that you have unusable covers, after which they will tell you to sell the covers. Once that is done, you need to let them know and you will be given covers in the color you requested.
    Oh, and you can only swap for covers for the same character, so no trading Daredevil for Gambit...
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Just FYI, I sent in a cover swap request with CS on 12/25, and they confirmed it today.  So they are still working. :smile:
  • VizMantis
    Options
    Can confirm.  I pulled my hoard (I’ll get around to posting the full rundown eventually).  GThor and Gambit built fine, but DD came in at 1/10/7, so I needed some CS help.  Got confirmation on 26th, instruction to sell covers on 27th, and the yellow DD covers today.  I don’t know how long it usually takes, but the turnaround time seemed good for the holidays.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    Can confirm.  I pulled my hoard (I’ll get around to posting the full rundown eventually).  GThor and Gambit built fine, but DD came in at 1/10/7, so I needed some CS help.  Got confirmation on 26th, instruction to sell covers on 27th, and the yellow DD covers today.  I don’t know how long it usually takes, but the turnaround time seemed good for the holidays.
    I submitted a request before Christmas and had a similar turnaround time, so from what I can see this isn't delayed by the holidays. It might take longer to get responses from elevated issues though.

In other news, I tried out my 5/3/5 Daredevil in Enemy of the State where he's boosted. He and Gamora was a true power couple, wiping out ninjas with ease. I was originally thinking perhaps I should level him up a bit too to take advantage of the week-long boost, but I am not sure it is necessary at the moment, he seems to perform just fine at level 255.
    Anyway, I certainly don't regret chasing his covers.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That was an easy decision, mine is much harder. I also think DD is better than Archangel, as he is basically a two powers char (blue is really bad). The problem is that I just have 100 pulls., and yeah that is a big problem (Thor also doesn’t look that good).

I will use them no matter what for Gambit, so it is either now or during the next month. With that I will probably get 4 - 5 covers each so that is obviously not enough to max nothing (but I already have 4 Gambit covers and if I get lucky with bonus covers I might get close to max him, and he is obviously the priority). I guess the clever thing to do would be to go for Archangel and then continue pulling latest, but I was planning to go classic after Gambit enters classic and try to max also some of the chars I have at 6-7 covers there.

It is hard being a casual but competing in 5 land and chasing 5 chars (I started ‘saving’ for Spidey :pensive:  )