Magic: Puzzle Quest at New York Comic Con (9/25/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

We are happy to announce that we will be at New York Comic Con next week showing off Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest.

New York Comic Con takes place October 5 – 8  at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City and we will be at Booth #447. Just look for the D3 Go! booth when you arrive at the show!

Come by and say hello and show us Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest downloaded on your mobile device to get a free raffle ticket to win in-game prizes. We will be holding the raffle 1 hour before the show ends each day.

We hope to see you there!

Tagged:

Comments

• HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems like the kind of thing that wouldn't be happening if the game were on the brink of death.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will your new development team be there?
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That would be a neat way to introduce them, would excite players and confuse everyone else.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like the kind of thing that wouldn't be happening if the game were on the brink of death.
    You think? For a digital product like this, I'd have thought that promotion and advertising would be absolutely the last part of the budget to be dropped. If the infrastructure to take money from people is still working within the game, it doesn't matter a jot if it hasn't been touched by a developer in months.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    You think? For a digital product like this, I'd have thought that promotion and advertising would be absolutely the last part of the budget to be dropped. If the infrastructure to take money from people is still working within the game, it doesn't matter a jot if it hasn't been touched by a developer in months.
    Interesting point, but very subjective. I tend to think that most revenue from a dying game would be passively generated, follow-up spending from existing customers and wouldn't need much, if any, marketing dollars to bring it in. They could cut those costs too and still keep most of those dollars flowing.

Marketing is aimed at new customers, and new customers are generally expensive to acquire. I think they'd also be unlikely to stick around and spend much if the in-game experience suggests it's been abandoned.

But as I said, subjective. I freely admit that the view I described is hardly incontestable - time will tell, I think.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    That's what I thought too. Also feels kind of cheeky to see token-backs in booster packs IRL which advertise this game. I can't help but laugh when I see these adverts, seeing them akin to trap bait. I feel strongly obliged to tell everyone at my table to steer well clear of MtG:PQ.

Inb4: "More paying players would help fix the game. You're wrong to discourage potential new players."
    -No. 
    This game is well beyond defending in its current state and I would *never* recommend it to any one I care about.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait I've seen this game before.

1) points out problems in system
    2) campaign to deny funding to fix the system
    3) *points to system* I told you it was doomed to fail!

I think it's called politics. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Wait I've seen this game before.

1) points out problems in system
    2) campaign to deny funding to fix the system
    3) *points to system* I told you it was doomed to fail!

I think it's called politics. 
    It's also called "not my job".
    D3 aren't a charity and never let greed-induced shortfalls convince you otherwise. It's not the responsibility of the players to fix the problems of the game by marketing it or providing revenue on good faith.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Are you a player though?

Anyway you missed the joke and that makes me sad. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of MtGPQ being at New York Comic Con. Thank you!
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It seems that D3 is completely focused for their PR event in New York to answer to angry or just very impatient players/customers.

Still I wonder why so much effort to a relatively small number of players in attendance. I mean MtGPQ is an international game, so online communication will reach more players. Right now, on the forum we can only hear about "game in autopilot", "lack of communication", "recurring error messages"... Even Brigby, our only communication channel is taken by this event when we are expecting info about upcoming game events schedule.

I would love to see you come to France for the Paris Games Week at the end of the month, but I guess it is too far for you !

Maybe it is an attempt to attract new players, but great games gain more attraction by word of mouth.

So please publish more regularly information on the forum.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Publish information in game would go a very long way.

I never understand why it's only available in the forums. 
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess info publish in-game needs to release an update of the game. And now it is not a good time to update, at least till the new studio is more used to the code. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LakeStone
    @Brigby

Are you guys so busy getting ready for ComicCon that you forgot about HoR today? Some communication on this would be nice seeing as it's 27 minutes to start time. 
  • adrainsmith
    adrainsmith Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Great!!! I appreciate the effort.