Yondu Spec Question

Options
New to the forum. Just had a Yondu  yellow and black cover fall into my lap and I currently have him at 4 covers each for both (with 5 in blue).  Do I take Ravagers Ruse or Yaka Parachute to 5 covers?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks and happy holidays to all

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have a fully covered Yondu so I'm theorizing here, but I would go 3/5/5. Healing is nice, but ap destruction and strike tiles are also nice. Black is more consistent than Yellow.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah his yellow needs him to be low health and then get a match 4 or 5. His black only costs 7 and overall is more reliable I would say.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would say, champ that Mary Poppins! But that probably isn't an option Iso-wise. Other than that, agreeing with the rest, go for black. It's more reliable.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hold on to both covers until the 14 days are almost up.  If you can collect enough iso in that time, level the character to 270 and champ them so you can use those two covers to bring him up to level 272.  After champing, you can respec him however you want without spending covers.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think some folks are underestimating yellow and overestimating black.

While black is cheap and reliable, the strikes are not especially strong. Yellow, on the other hand, will heal like 50% of his health at 5 covers; that gives him huge staying power in a lengthy grind, or lets him absorb the occasional big hit for you.

Blue is obviously a 5 cover default, but I'm more apt to run him 5/3/5 than 3/5/5.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I often run him with Vulture, so I tend to keep his black at 3 and go for the healing. It's pretty impressive healing, after all - at 5 covers he'll heal himself completely given the chance.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Yellow - most black powers are way better than his so you will almost never use his. The strike tiles are garbage and a boosted yondu can run a complete PVE event and never need to heal. At 5 covers it is at least 90% heal if not full. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went with 5 in Yellow too. Buf really, I won’t play him (unless I have to) until Champed and at that point I will respec as needed. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I split the difference, and run him at 4/4/5.
    The healing is still high enough to keep him out of trouble most of the time. His strikes are weak as noted, but reducing enemy AP by up to 5 means you get 5 strikes instead of 4, and after a few champ levels this adds about 200 onto match-damage. 
    I ran him at 5/3/5 for a while, but I ended up thinking of him as a 'blue only' character instead of a more useful 'black-blue'.