5* Daredevil not enough tiles for sonar strike?

Options
bawnslippy
bawnslippy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Hi guys,

Just been using daredevil 5* and tried to use sonar strike, but it said not enough tiles to use this ability. Is this a bug? 

The ability doesn' pplace any new special tiles. However it does convert enemy tiles (there weren't any  at this time). However, I know I've used it before when there were no other special tiles on the board.

Thoughts? 

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hmmm never seen that before , usually you can just use it as a stun no matter what tiles are on the board.
    I'll try it myself

Update: seems to work fine for me
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think that should only happen if your target is already stunned and there is no special tiles. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I ran into this as well earlier today. Didn't think to get a screenshot, tho. I'll have to keep it in mind if it happens again.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I thought I had this issue, but had my 3* rostered :(
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sandmaker said:
    I think that should only happen if your target is already stunned and there is no special tiles. 
    It also happens if you try to use it against Silver Surfer (with a blue cover) and there are no enemy tiles to flip. If there are enemy tiles, you'll flip them, but get the IMMUNE flash from SS.
  • bawnslippy
    bawnslippy Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    evade420 said:
    Hmmm never seen that before , usually you can just use it as a stun no matter what tiles are on the board.
    I'll try it myself

Update: seems to work fine for me
    That's my usual trick too, to use it as a stun.

This sounds like a bug then. Any way to report this? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The wording of the ability says it converts tiles, then stuns the enemy. So I'm assuming you need to fulfill the former condition before activating the latter?
    No, you can use it as just a stun if there are no special tiles. I agree that it sounds like the enemy couldn't be stunned and there were no special tiles to convert, so the power would have no effect and thus couldn't fire.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know about the OP, but I had it come up in one of the 5* required nodes in EotS. None of those opponents are immune to stun.
  • MacEifer
    MacEifer Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sandmaker said:
    This is the one.

Basically requires:

- no flippable tiles
    - target already stunned for as long as your sonar strike can stun
    - target isn't stun immune