Should we buy another PW?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those decks look alright, and if they are working for you, keep with them. They are interesting, and a lot different than the decks I'm used to seeing. Only thing I can see an issue, is that Ajani deck has a lot of discard without a lot to benefit from it. Do you have Burning Fist Minotaur yet? It's a great card to buff with all of that discard. I'd switch Oketra's Attendant out for that one.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    honestly i use dovin for most of the high end events on white, personally i hate him but effective with cycling and his first ability to help cast his cast outs to lock down the ai. with the crafting coming out kiora is a good gree or nissa 3 for green use them on ec events with sandworm convergence and some changers to help get them out fast and it is a lock win, rai is normally my red go to but heart of kiran helps with the clockwork defender keeping most of the damage at bay, her gains are worth it and the abilities with any vehicle for the last is a good spike to finish
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got Ajani1 and upgraded it to level 55 right away - I like that he is already at maximum mana gains at that level. Will keep you posted how powerful he is, but I expect he will be more aligned with my playstyle when compared to Nahiri (who undoubtedly also has extremely powerful abilities and is highly recommended for people with slimmer card collections).
  • Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Those decks look alright, and if they are working for you, keep with them. They are interesting, and a lot different than the decks I'm used to seeing. Only thing I can see an issue, is that Ajani deck has a lot of discard without a lot to benefit from it. Do you have Burning Fist Minotaur yet? It's a great card to buff with all of that discard. I'd switch Oketra's Attendant out for that one.

It happens that I have Burning Fist Minotaur... Wouldn't like to remove the Attendant, however, as it's one card that gets a benefit from discarding. Which other cards could I put in to benefit from discarding? Sacred Cat? (I guess no...) Grind / Dust? Earthshaker Khenra? Farm / Market? These are some options I have.

I have used already regal Caracal in this deck, so I guess that a heavy creature won't be bad, but I feel I will remove the Rambler.

I was not sure about Dovin, more interested by Saheeli, but she was at normal price. Got none. And now Tezzeret is at good price (being black is good, as I like my removals, lol).

Believe I will buy Tezzeret and Samut (normal price, but can be used in some specific events), so I will have 2 dual options for each color:

White: Ajani / Sorin
    Blue: Kiora / Tezzeret
    Black: Sorin / Tezzeret
    Red: Ajani / Samut
    Green: Kiora / Samut

Looks good... what you guys think?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Grind is a very good card to discard. It helped me a lot in this week's Elspeth event. Sacred Cat is not a bad one either, it gets buffed with Caracal. It all depends on what you end up lacking as you play the deck. Do you lack creature removal? My guess is you don't, since you have lightning axe and Nahiris wrath. If anything, you probably need more card draw. So many creatures that end up getting discarded anyway. 
  • Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just want to return to discussion to say that I loved buying Samut and Tezzeret. No regrets.

Samut is great, does a faster kill compared to my RW Ajani. Lightning Runner works great with Cultivator of Blades, lol. Mostly easy wins in ToTP green.

Tezzeret is going well too. Blue goes for mana damage, and with black he has the balls to kill creatures that past it, something I was missing with Kiora. I didn't know we need to play the "showdown" event with a single PW, went with Tezzeret (thinking abou to switch to other later), but it went very well, with a 12-0 record.

Thumbs up for these. Now let's wait for the crystal cost of Nicol Bolas.