Hulk Rage (at not being boosted correctly) [Investigating]

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
I’m guessing this has been posted before, but we now have the chance to see a boosted Banner tearing up PvE. That’s as long as he doesn’t turn green.

5* Bruce Banner has suffered as being one of the worst 5* ever made. I had hoped that he might get a little buff during the Thor: Ragnarok promotion. But, alas, there was nothing and he is still awful.

At least even the worst 5* have an event in the sun where they are boosted 100 levels and can stomp around gleefully over their underscaled opponents.

Banner should be no exception, and his match damage is great UNLESS HE TRANSFORMS. How ridiculous that Bruce Banner is stronger than the Hulk when he’s boosted. Does that make any sense whatsoever? Is it so hard to fix things so the levels match?

This is really adding insult to injury for one of Marvel’s iconic superheroes

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I know this will be a shock to a lot of people, lol not really since people asked and warned for this to be looked at before everybody left the office, but Banner is boosted just not Hulk.  So.....the weakest 5* there is (ok maybe Doc Ock), one that has been requested to get a buff massively and is ignored and can't get his boosted levels right. This was the same for Sakaar Arena and was reported.  Was hoping this would be fixed this time.  Merry Christmas. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    There simply wasn't enough time to fix him, OJSP.
    It's only been what, two months?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This whole Christmas has highlighted that they only care about stuff that hurts them. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    If anyone was actually expecting a different result, then you should look up the definition of insanity at some point.

In seriousness, it’s completely expected that this wasn’t addressed, and that it’s happening while they’re out of the office.

Maybe you’ll get 50hp as an “oops” but probably nothing since it impacts everyone.  Just keep matching your cd tile to keep the damage bump.  
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    But mah small company and working behind a desk is hard yada yada yada.

Seriously, it's like these guys hate money that isn't already guaranteed to them from whales.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I don't have to worry about, since I don't have Banner lol.
  • LifeofAgony
    smkspy said:
    But mah small company and working behind a desk is hard yada yada yada.

Seriously, it's like these guys hate money that isn't already guaranteed to them from whales.
    Except that they’ll continue to spend.  None of the bugs or technical issues stop the spending.  Some of the biggest spenders don’t even bother with pve, so this won’t impact their play or spending.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I could spend $1000s on this game I sure wouldn’t waste my time fighting Dark Avengers for the 3001st Time.

Thanks for the warning rocket!
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I noticed he was boosted and excited to see him, then he transformed and lost all of his boost!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Set your Hulk to 5/5/3.. wait no one has him champed lol
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    So when Banner transforms, his Hulk form actually becomes weaker??
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    banner was the 5* essential? didn't even notice him there. i played it 4 times too...
  • LifeofAgony
    This bug was discovered when sakaar arena was run and banner was boosted;  when he becomes hulk, it’s back down to his usual level which is useless, especially in CL9 against lvl 515 toons.

However, as banner is at the very bottom of the 5* tier, people didn’t yell loudly enough for this to get any attention, and to no ones surprise, it has not been addressed.  So for a new release, the boosted 5* becomes marginalized as you need to avoid collecting green/match away cd tile when created else you’re stuck with the unboosted banner.  And unboosted banner is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Don’t Hulk out, Bruce, we need your strength!”
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    So when Banner transforms, his Hulk form actually becomes weaker??
    Yes. Banner and Hulk are two separates characters at some level in the game. The transformation mechanics is  a band•aid™ ... the separateness has to be papered over.

They keep failing to anticipate its effects, much less correct them.
    Then we should eventually get a HULK featured event,  right? 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess Bruce Banner really is the Strongest Avenger ;)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was supposed to be fixed last month,  apparently was only temporary 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68958/boost-banner-not-boosted-hulk-fixed-in-11-21-patch#latest
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Well last I checked green isn't one of Banner's colours (pre transformation) so if you want to make the best use of his match damage you'll be concentrating on Purple/Blue/Black anyway.

But this still sucks - having very recently champed Banner I was looking forward to playing around with him a little more than that.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Was supposed to be fixed last month,  apparently was only temporary 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68958/boost-banner-not-boosted-hulk-fixed-in-11-21-patch#latest

Maybe they were gonna fix it but then started working in the rebalance instead.. soo next season change!?