4* DDQ: Winter Soldier vs Black Panther

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
No thread for this yet? Anyway did it first time with lv150 5/3/5 Bucky. Used +2 all AP and +100% crit boosts to speed things up

Focussed on Blue and Black, with Red wherever I could. Panther got off a Defense Grid which slowed Bucky down, but I managed to see out a Detonator (T'Challa matched away one trap to create an Attack tile) and collected enough Red for a Moving Target. Sadly it was in an area nowhere near any Red tiles. Happily it downed him anyway when it resolved

LT stockpiled for Archangel

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Cake with 3/5/5 L274.  

+1 to hoard (likely to be cracked to finish off Gambit and get at least one for Archangel when he comes out)
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've tried it 5 times but this seems too difficult for my 90 2/1/2 Bucky.  I even trained it to 110, still no dice.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Was a tough battle for my 4/1/3 Bucky. Leveled him up to 130 and used +1 red, purple, blue and +20% match damage. I got either screwed by yellow or black. Managed to kill him after 8 tries.

Ironically, DDQ vault gave me 10 health packs after the battle.

Token to the hoard!
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I haven’t played much with my 3-1-5 Bucky, so I put some iso to level him up to 151.
    Used purple to steal Panther’s blue and red. He fired yellow twice, but nothing more.
    With +60% all damage, +20% Green and Black damage, and +2 Blue and Purple AP, I fired Detonator twice, and Moving Target once, which finished BP.
    Didn’t expect downing BP at first try, so it feels great!
    LT is saved.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed this on my first try with my 168 3/4/5 Buckarino, which surprised me. The board was bad for both of us, but I finally managed to get enough for red. Wonder of wonders it landed in a potential match-3, so that knocked the pugnacious puss-puss down with a quickness. I also had good luck with purple, once using it to stop Rage, and again to stop defense grid. I will probably open the token tonight.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like to call this fight Bucky's Revenge. The last time this fight came around, I got sooooooo close on several attempts, but just couldn't win. I honestly can't remember what my build was at the time, but I do know purple was the power I had the most covers in, and I think I was around Level 115 or so. Probably one of the most frustrating Crash cycles I've ever had (based on circumstance, not necessarily the mechanics of the fight itself).

This time my 5/5/3 Level 172 won first try with no boosts with a little over 2500 health left. We each had pretty decent cascades one time during the match, though I think the AI had a more beneficial one, both in terms of match-5s and colors for AP. It fired Battleplan, and I was really only able to match away one of the strikes. 

I fired Precision Shot to drain some of his black, as he was sitting at 9 AP, one match away from Rage of the Panther I probably wouldn't have survived. I also fired Detonator, and he matched away one of the traps to generate an attack tile. 

He got enough to fire Battleplan again, which overwrote one of my traps. I think he or I matched away two of the three strikes right away, then my detonator went off in the same move I got enough AP to fire Moving Target. I fired that and the CD popped up where it could be matched right away. Game, set, match. Token to the hoard. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    185 5/0/4 Bucky. Had a rough time completing this one previously, but a couple covers since made a world of difference. Many paths to keep him from black, and moving target as a finisher was nice. He whittled me down pretty good with some strike tiles, but not enough to keep up with moving target.

Got a 14th cover for Cloak and Dagger, so champed them and got a Green Daredevil to make him 1/1/1. Not too shabby.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was really happy my 3/0/3 lvl 147 Bucky did this first go, no boosts. I had 207 health left at the end so I would have been toast next turn.
    LT was a yondu blue to make him 1/2/3
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3/5/5 lv. 279

I have no idea how this went. I did it at 3am and was barely coherent. All I remember is seeing some trap tiles and a big boom to end it.

Token to the hoard.

• Jaguar
    Jaguar Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    127 lvl 3/0/2 winter soldier
    1st try, close game, would have died next turn.
    Used 5 match dmg, 5 yellow and red dmg, 5 blue and purple dmg boosts.
    Denied black, prioritised red. Used pink to create cascade.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 3/2/0 Bucky not levelled, I'm wondering what chance? Probably none...will be sad as I was on a run. Not sure whether to level hi m to 127.

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Without any red that sounds pretty rough
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    After 10 tries or more, gradually levelled my 5/1/1 Bucky till his 156 max to get a close win, finish it with only 40 hp.

Used 100% damage, +2 B/P and +2 all, fired blue once, successfully dealing damage, got enough to fire red twice, I matched one and he destroyed the other with a 4-match, he fired black and blue once, then I was able to fire purple for the second time. I was extremely lucky to get a cascade in the last turn.

Token to the hoard
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Somehow managed with a lvl 100 5/4/1 Bucky after a number of tries. Used damage boosts and +2 B/P.