Can we untether from Facebook

Options
Please? I hate Facebook, I want to leave it entirely. Is there a way to tie my progress to my Google Play account?

Why are we still forced to sync through Facebook? 

Comments

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I still say linking it to the forum makes the most sense. Would drive more people with more feedback and opinions to the forum.
  • FreshD
    FreshD Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel you. I always disliked Facebook enough to never use it. I created a fake account just to backup this game. I would also prefer Google Play, but the Problem  is, that this only works on Android and they would have to implement a different Solution for each other Platform (IOS, Windows etc). And then you would not be able to change between platforms (i.e. from Iphone to Android).

In your place I would ask customer support, if you can bind your game to a new Facebook account. Then you could create a fake account for your game backup only and delete your current real account.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I still say linking it to the forum makes the most sense. Would drive more people with more feedback and opinions to the forum.
    I'm not a developer, so please take this with a grain of salt, but I speculate that Facebook offers far more server space for player data to be stored, than our forum is capable of handling.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Initially, i dislike facebook as well. but having lost a well-developed mtgpq account because it was not backed up to facebook made me realise the importance of a backup. 

i link it to my dormant fb account. however, i take care to never ever upload any personal data to facebook. 
  • MtgPQPro
    MtgPQPro Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby can you please help me get my account back.  I submitted 5 tickets over 6 days with no response.  It is a Facebook issue signing in with a new phone.  Thanks in advance for getting me to someone that can help.

@bken1234 see above.  I will be back in tinykitty soon (I hope)