X‘mas wish list - discount on extra deck slots

Options
Hi all,

whom of you would like to see a X‘mas discount on extra deck slots. Like 20k runes for an extra slot?

Comments

• Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would like it, but my PWs aren't level 60, so 50 crystals per deck slot would do :)
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This would seem to be one of the most obvious things to give a DEEP discount!  
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There is another Popular CCG out there that gives you additional deck slots for achieving certain levels... for free...  Like this game, they have multiple competitions etc... They understand the need for them...  Oh! And you can buy additional ones... if you wish.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deck slots are the perfect example of the way the old devs did things.  They lied about it, they gave us something we never wanted and they charged an arm and a leg for the part we did want.  Hopefully the new devs will eventually fix this. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deck slots are the perfect example of the way the old devs did things.  They lied about it, they gave us something we never wanted and they charged an arm and a leg for the part we did want.  Hopefully the new devs will eventually fix this. 
    well, Karma strikes hard and fast in Hibernum's face.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't recall them ever lying about it, but they did use some vague language and refused to clarify when asked. While I haven't bought a deck slot, I have found that the event slot massively reduced the time I took building decks specifically for a node. While the bought slots might have been asking for a bit more than they ought have, the update was still a mostly positive one. Credit where it is due.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They promised that those who submitted the decks would be given full credit in the game .  After repeated requests for them to fulfill that obligation They have done nothing.  I have no stake in this since I never submitted a deck.  But IP theft really rubs me the wrong way
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They promised that those who submitted the decks would be given full credit in the game .  After repeated requests for them to fulfill that obligation They have done nothing.  I have no stake in this since I never submitted a deck.  But IP theft really rubs me the wrong way
    I don't believe anyone actually submitted those terrible master decks that the PWs currently have. I think old devs came up with that silliness on their own.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And to be fair, a number people stated here on the forums that they would gladly pay for additional slots. So of course they put a price to them.

Also, I agree about a discount on deck slots. I would definitely buy some for discount.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ummm, you must be new here.  We were asking them for deck slots pretty much since they implemented events.  We asked a lot.  And then complained when we didn't get them.  Then asked more, even saying we'd be willing to pay crystals for them.  Then we asked again.  Finally we got them, and they weren't great, but much better than the alternative (that was also when they implemented the event deck thing which I happen to like quite a lot)

Waschecht said:
    Hi all,

whom of you would like to see a X‘mas discount on extra deck slots. Like 20k runes for an extra slot?

Obviously I would, but with the extra event rewards they are effectively discounted already.  You're asking for a double discount, which is getting a bit greedy considering how nice Oktagon has already been
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    khurram said:
    I don't believe anyone actually submitted those terrible master decks that the PWs currently have. I think old devs came up with that silliness on their own.
    I went through the in-game decks vs the deckbuilding threads after they introduced it in-game. Maybe half of the decks were card for card decklists which were submitted in the threads. You can still see the threads in the deckbuilding subforum.

Another few were decks with a few cards swapped out (which based on the pattern were) so that they could have as many different cards in the deck requirements across planeswalkers as possible. And a rare few were so unrecognisable that I guess they created it themselves.

The latest planeswalker released at that point in time were Dovin Baan, Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Saheeli Rai. So anything after is purely Hibernum's own creation.

And if you were not around for the deckbuilding contest, the restrictions were to only use cards from the set the planeswalker was released with, and with no Mythics for the beginner's deck, a max of 1 for the advanced one and no limits for the expert one.

Long story short, there are a lot of uncredited submissions for which it was promised that the winners of the contest would at least have their name credited in-game for the deck.
  • Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Ummm, you must be new here.  We were asking them for deck slots pretty much since they implemented events.  We asked a lot.  And then complained when we didn't get them.  Then asked more, even saying we'd be willing to pay crystals for them.  Then we asked again.  Finally we got them, and they weren't great, but much better than the alternative (that was also when they implemented the event deck thing which I happen to like quite a lot)

Waschecht said:
    Hi all,

Obviously I would, but with the extra event rewards they are effectively discounted already.  You're asking for a double discount, which is getting a bit greedy considering how nice Oktagon has already been
    @Mburn7: you got me there :)
  • Kyphonis
    Kyphonis Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I for one am rather miffed extra deck slots have such a steep cost. It costs almost as much as the highest packs. That is one feature I never wanted to pay for but should have been there. I fiddle with decks all the time. I don’t care if Octagon has given lots of prizes that has been done before at holiday times. They also didn’t originally implement those deck slots so they have less stake in their price. 
  • Waschecht
    Options
    @Kyphonis  I purchased 3x extra slots but wouldn’t do so again. 45,000 runes is too high for an extra slot. In particular when you have multiple Plainswalker.

@Brigby: How many players have recently purchased this feature? 
    What’s the value of a cool feature if only few players are using it?
    Pls consider adjusting the price and thus enhancing the usability and fun for all players.
    20,000 runes would be a fair price.
  • Kyphonis
    Kyphonis Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Waschecht said:
    20,000 runes would be a fair price.
    I wouldn’t want to pay anything. 5000 runes and 50 crystals is pushing it for me. I admit I own nearly every planeswalker except a few (I still want Garruk and he has not been on Sale in nearly a year!) so it would be a massive chore and nowhere near worth it to do so even at that price.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The purpose is convenience, simple as that.  Especially with the advent of Standard and Legacy, Its nice to have a slot for each type of deck.  Having extra slots for extra events is useful too. 

The feature was implemented to make it easier to save your event decks.  Thats it.  If you don't mind rebuilding your decks every event (like I do), then there isn't much purpose I agree. 

The price is a bit steep, but since everyone keeps complaining about how many useless runes they have the steep cost on them shouldn't be much of an issue
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The flow of runes is about to increase for everyone once they push this next update. I think that will make it easier for many people to justify paying for deck slots.

For me though, I still won't be buying them unless they are steeply discounted. I would pay a quarter of their current value in runes at the absolute most. There's absolutely no way I would dish out crystals for them though. That would be a complete waste of resources purely for the sake of convenience.

Personally, I think that the best suggestion has already been made. I can't remember who said it first, but the idea has been put forth to make the pre-constructed deck slots editable once you have completed those decks. I think that's a brilliant idea, both from the player standpoint, and from the company standpoint. For players, it gives you something to shoot for; a goal that is worth working towards. For the company, it gives players a reason to spend more crystals chasing cards that can be used for crafting. This is a good thing, because now that we're able to actually target cards we want, spending money on crystals isn't a complete waste of resources.
  • Waschecht
    Options
    @Matthew: yes that is a good suggestion and added incentive for getting even missing common and uncommon cards and completing your missing pre-constructed decks. Another way to enhance the player experience
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pree constructed decks made editable after completion makes sense. they are useless right now