Scaling

mhorham
mhorham Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
I have a fairly welldeveloped 4* roster wth currently no deveoped 5*s. If i champion one 5* will it affect my scaling.
?

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I have a champed Peter Parker, with a couple 4s in the 290s.  4* pvp events could have different MMRs, but even ignoring those, I mostly see double boosted 4s on my climbs.  Sometimes Rocket/Gamora/Medusa or a Carol/whoever.  When I get high enough in points I start to see single 5s and boosted 4s, and in the case of this 4* PVP where I have a champed gamora, double 5s.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    The general consensus among my alliance mates is 1 champ 5 isn't going to affect your MMR badly. Once you get 2 though, all you'll see is dual champ 5 teams.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Your MMR in PvP will likely change. I have 35 or 36 champed 4*s, highest at Level 302. I champed my first 5* recently and I went from seeing teams of one or two champed 4*s or maybe an unchamped 5* (plus the featured 3*) to teams of one low-level champ 5* (usually around Level 460 or less, like my 458) and moderately champed 4* or two moderate- or high-level champed 4*s. And a whole range of teams within those parameters. 

So I have to rely pretty heavily on my champed 5*, but it's Daredevil and that guy was made for climbing in PvP, so it's not all bad. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    The general consensus among my alliance mates is 1 champ 5 isn't going to affect your MMR badly. Once you get 2 though, all you'll see is dual champ 5 teams.
    As someone who just champed 2 in the last weekish, that seems correct.  I started seeing nothing but 5* teams when my first champ was 453 and my soon to champ passed 425-430 somewhere.  That day or so was pretty rough, but once he was fully champed I was able to compete with most (expect the gambit teams).  I'd recommend champing your second in one go.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'll see a change. You won't get thrown headfirst into full-blown 5* territory, but the majority of your matchups will be a champed 5 paired with a boosted champed 4, or a pair of not-quite-champed 5s. You can still get away with using two boosted 4s for the early climb, but you'll pretty much  have to use your 5* anywhere above 400ish.

Personally, with the preponderance of Gambits out there now, I wouldn't recommend touching 5* territory at all unless you have your own Gambit, or a pair of upper-echelon 5*s ready to go. He'll absolutely crush you most of the time if you're using a 4* team or a single low-grade 5*.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Your MMR in PvP will likely change. I have 35 or 36 champed 4*s, highest at Level 302. I champed my first 5* recently and I went from seeing teams of one or two champed 4*s or maybe an unchamped 5* (plus the featured 3*) to teams of one low-level champ 5* (usually around Level 460 or less, like my 458) and moderately champed 4* or two moderate- or high-level champed 4*s. And a whole range of teams within those parameters. 

So I have to rely pretty heavily on my champed 5*, but it's Daredevil and that guy was made for climbing in PvP, so it's not all bad. 
    I am pretty much in the same situation.  I have 47 champed 4*'s and just recently champed my first 5* - OML.  My highest 4* champ is Coulson at 309.  As soon as I had OML champed, almost every opponent in PVP had at least one champed 5* so I think that my climb to 2000 for the 4* cover in PVP this season is going to be a bit tougher.  Haven't noticed much of a change in PVE though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kevin61 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I am pretty much in the same situation.  I have 47 champed 4*'s and just recently champed my first 5* - OML.  My highest 4* champ is Coulson at 309.  As soon as I had OML champed, almost every opponent in PVP had at least one champed 5* so I think that my climb to 2000 for the 4* cover in PVP this season is going to be a bit tougher.  Haven't noticed much of a change in PVE though.

Levels in PVE are fixed, based on the CL you choose.

The abomination that was roster based scaling in PVE is gone.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:

Levels in PVE are fixed, based on the CL you choose.

The abomination that was roster based scaling in PVE is gone.
    Heh. Yea, until events like 12 Days of Xmas or a 24 hours into a boss event...