Gambit Sell Back Rates

Comments

• Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I had 4 covers for 5 star gambit and got 4 Marvel Vaiult covs when I sold him
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby - if this is what the devs intended, then they have made another bug. Mine is champed at level 459 and can be sold for 22 tokens, which as others have all noted, comes out to 1 token per cover. Not that I would consider selling him at this or any price, but your information is incorrect (or has not been accurately coded). 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    selling might be the worse plan, but not necessarily the dumbest. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    mohio said:
    Brigby - if this is what the devs intended, then they have made another bug. Mine is champed at level 459 and can be sold for 22 tokens, which as others have all noted, comes out to 1 token per cover. Not that I would consider selling him at this or any price, but your information is incorrect (or has not been accurately coded). 
    Looks like there was a recent update to the procedure!

Players will get one(1) cover back for each cover they invested in him. For a pre-Championed Gambit, you will get a cover based on levels. You receive additional covers at 275, 287, 303, 319, 331, 347, 363, 375, 391, 407, 423, 439. You receive a cover back for each Champion level you apply to Gambit
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    mohio said:
    @Brigby - if this is what the devs intended, then they have made another bug. Mine is champed at level 459 and can be sold for 22 tokens, which as others have all noted, comes out to 1 token per cover. Not that I would consider selling him at this or any price, but your information is incorrect (or has not been accurately coded). 
    This is exactly why I was hoping for official statements before it went live.  There may be people who sold not knowing there may have been benefits doing it another fashion.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    This is crazy - 30 minutes ago brigby gets “official” word from devs and now it’s already been retracted and changed.  Why is getting straight communication so hard?
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby
    Will we be allowed to swap 5* pulled from the special store if we sell Gambit? Asked earlier in this thread but since people are bombarding you, figure asking again is ok.
  • MacEifer
    MacEifer Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    For me, having a strict Latest Legends Only policy on Covers, this deal ended up with my 0/1/0 Gambit turning into an even more useless Black Panther. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I just confirmed with the team that the token accreditation follows the same procedure as was utilized for Wolverine (Old Man Logan):

You will get one Marvel Legends token at level 255.  You will receive an additional token at levels 287, 319, 367, 411, 427 and 439. Every two Champion levels will also give an additional token. These tokens are the only way to access this Cover store.
    Sorry, @Brigby, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  My level 459 Gambit is being offered 22 tokens, which is a 1:1 replacement.  My similarly-leveled OML was only being offered 11 tokens.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    MacEifer said:
    For me, having a strict Latest Legends Only policy on Covers, this deal ended up with my 0/1/0 Gambit turning into an even more useless Black Panther. 
    Was this posted somewhere? No swap would suck. 
  • Brigby
    @Orion said:
    Sorry, Brigby, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  My level 459 Gambit is being offered 22 tokens, which is a 1:1 replacement.  My similarly-leveled OML was only being offered 11 tokens.
    I posted an update further down in the thread, but you are in fact receiving the correct amount of tokens. I will update my previous comment to include the updated version as well.

MacEifer said:
    Was this posted somewhere? No swap would suck. 
    Cover swaps are restricted to Latest Legends characters only. Apologies for the inconvenience.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    @Brigby
    Unfortunately there is no option for players to keep Gambit fully covered but sell off champ levels, if players regret "overlevelling" him after the redesign.

Can be anything done about this issue?
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    turul said:
    @Brigby
    Unfortunately there is no option for players to keep Gambit fully covered but sell off champ levels, if players regret "overlevelling" him after the redesign.

How is this an "issue"?  5* champ levels are purely RNG.  What were you going to do with additional Gambit covers you pulled from Latest tokens other than apply them as champ levels?  Sell them?

I certainly hope that Brigby and the development team do not waste time on this "issue."
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul said:
    @Brigby

How is this an "issue"?  5* champ levels are purely RNG.  What were you going to do with additional Gambit covers you pulled from Latest tokens other than apply them as champ levels?  Sell them?

I certainly hope that Brigby and the development team do not waste time on this "issue."
    People may have pulled latest tokens further than lvl450 Gambit to make him even stronger.

Now that his powers were modified, these people may feel cheated. But still do not want to completely trash Gambit. 

Unfortunately there is no golden mean solution.

If the change were more negative, this would be a bigger issue. (Like when OML was modified)
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017

Never mind.

• CartoonScience
    CartoonScience Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I'm a little perturbed because I sold off my 2 cover 5* Gambit a few hours before the nerf, figuring that only black 5* covers were worth it.
    I'm more interested in finding out how long the increased resale value for 3* Gambit will be in effect. The 63K iso & 1500 HP sellback is tempting, but I'm only a few covers shy of getting a Rogue cover reward. So.. could I wait until after I get the Rogue reward to sell back, or is it limited time? And in either event, will Gambit covers stop dropping?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a little perturbed because I sold off my 2 cover 5* Gambit a few hours before the nerf, figuring that only black 5* covers were worth it.
    I'm more interested in finding out how long the increased resale value for 3* Gambit will be in effect. The 63K iso & 1500 HP sellback is tempting, but I'm only a few covers shy of getting a Rogue cover reward. So.. could I wait until after I get the Rogue reward to sell back, or is it limited time? And in either event, will Gambit covers stop dropping?
    I'm going to assume the offer is up as long as the PVE event is running. So you likely have another 3 days.

And no, just because you've sold Gambit doesn't mean you'll never get another cover.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure the last few changes, the increased sell prices were available for the entire season. I'm sure others have kept track of it much better than I have, but unless I'm misremembering, I think that's the case.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul said:
    @Brigby

They're basically asking to be able to down level Gambit to L450 and get a cover to the new store per champ level to redistribute those 5* covers to other 5*s.

Personally I'm glad that's not an option.  As anti nerf as I am I made a point to avoid over jumping on the Gambit train suspecting it would eventually get de-railed.  There was benefit earned from having him so powerful while he was OP, that's the trade off.  You shouldn't be able to have your cake and eat it too.

Thought ultimately, 5* Gambit still seems pretty OP, wait till we're having this discussion again when the real nerf comes through after he goes to Classics...
  • Brigby
    @turul said:
    Brigby

Apologies, but I'm afraid we do not have an option available for players who wish to keep Gambit fully covered, and merely sell off Champion levels.