TG Rage Quit Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Baral comes out. Swarm Intelligence. Desert of the Mindful.

(Rinse and Repeat) meanwhile I just go make a cup of tea and wait for the AI to stop Baral rolling...

Christ how do so many people seem to consistently acquire these particular cards?!
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Lol, throw in Omniscience to that deck and you will have "You were Defeated" waiting for you when you get back with your tea.

• Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Drycha said:
    Baral comes out. Swarm Intelligence. Desert of the Mindful.

(Rinse and Repeat) meanwhile I just go make a cup of tea and wait for the AI to stop Baral rolling...

Christ how do so many people seem to consistently acquire these particular cards?!
    The original Baral was just too hard to pass up!  People paid good money for it!   Then it got nerfed... Otherwise you would have to quit because it would NEVER stop!

Once I got hit with it a couple times the week it came out for sale... It was either get it... or quit the game.  

As Babar so eloquently points out... Omniscience is the new Baral...  If it were on sale... It would fly off the shelf!
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Omniscience was the most recent one for me, if we strictly talk about TG (in a few other legacy plays, I have seen a few more busted stuffs)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Kinesia said:
    If it's something big and it's going to kill me fast then that's just fine, dying fast is just fine.
    It's playing _forever_ that I don't want in TG.

Starfield of Nyx with Gideon's Defeat is probably the only thing I've given up on. I have a vaguely plan on how to cope next time, but that could well make me quit again.

Starfield with Insidious Will is equally obnoxious. 
    Recently played a deck with Nyx, I-will, Desert’s Hold and Gideon’s Defeat. It took more than 200 turns to beat me. Probably should have quit but I just didn’t have it in me to give up. At least with Hixus you get an attack in before it disables you. 
  • ElvaanStride
    ElvaanStride Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    It's TG where losses mean nothing. So any time the match is going badly or looks to be a long one, I quit. I don't have patience for dedicating more than 30 minutes a day on TG.
  • p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I only quit when I play against those unoriginal superstrong decks that everyone knows for years, like Koth with Ulrich and the pig... (geez ppl try something else some time) I'm almost always trying out fun combos (or new ways to abuse my lovely omniscience ;p) in TG so it's annoying to not be able to build them up in play because I get rekt in 2 turns... So if I see Koth and it starts with a sick cascade it's insta-scoop for me. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    p2dr said:
    I only quit when I play against those unoriginal superstrong decks that everyone knows for years, like Koth with Ulrich and the pig... (geez ppl try something else some time) I'm almost always trying out fun combos (or new ways to abuse my lovely omniscience ;p) in TG so it's annoying to not be able to build them up in play because I get rekt in 2 turns... So if I see Koth and it starts with a sick cascade it's insta-scoop for me. 

Go in with the mindset that any combo that can't beat the strongest decks need further tuning, and it becomes a journey of self improvement instead of self congratulation over building a deck that a pathetic ai can't beat.

You should want to face those decks. Those decks prove your deck works. 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Ohboy yes! I like to test my decks against heroic Nissa 1 - the one that starts with GR and EvoLeap on the board. It's obviously not bulletproof but it gives a good smoketest. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 said:
    @Ohboy yes! I like to test my decks against heroic Nissa 1 - the one that starts with GR and EvoLeap on the board. It's obviously not bulletproof but it gives a good smoketest. 
    I use the same exact level. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruin Rat FTW, especially if you want to hit the 2nd objective 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    p2dr said:
    I ran into a Koth deck with those cards today.  I Cast Out his first 3 biggies and coasted. Sometimes Koth gets lucky and you lose.  Most of the time if you lose, you aren’t using the right deck or you are playing it wrong.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    >Be me
    >Wake up and see there's a new TG event.
    >"this time might be different
    >First match: Koth deposits his whole hand by turn 2 with Olivia, Pig and Lightning Runner.
    >Lose without a single creature living long enough to attack because I'm trying out a Liliana1 Discarding deck.
    >"Ok, I'll try something faster."
    >Equip decent Arlinn Kord deck with Gieir Reach Bandit and Silverfur Partisan.
    >Second match: Kiora casts Pull From Tomorrow,
    New Perspectives, Desert of the Mindful etc, etc...
    >Gaea's Revenge comes out several times a turn.
    >Lose.
    >Next match: Kiora endlessly looping green gem conversion spells to pump Ulvenwald Hydra.
    >Watch this continue uninterrupted for 35 minutes. Yes. Thirty Five Minutes.
    >Ragequit.
    >Next match: Koth. Decimator Bacon. Olivia. Ulrich.
    >Lose.
    >Return to TG screen. See Koth is next opponent.
    >sigh.jpeg
    >uninstall game

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    octal9 said:
    OMG me too!  That one (and the Gideon node with Starfield of Nix and that Angel pooping machine) are the toughest battles in my opinion.  Both are a tough challenge for even the perfect-est resurrection (Embalm/Eternalize) builds.
  • p2dr
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    p2dr said:

Go in with the mindset that any combo that can't beat the strongest decks need further tuning, and it becomes a journey of self improvement instead of self congratulation over building a deck that a pathetic ai can't beat.

You should want to face those decks. Those decks prove your deck works. 
    I can create a lot of decks that easily beat this Koth decks, thats not my point. My points is, when I'm trying out cards (which are not the ABSOLUTE best cards to beat any deck), it's annoying to get **** by a default Koth deck without the chance to even test them. You know not every card is as good (or available to me) and there's only 10 slots right?
  • p2dr
    Options
    p2dr said:
    I ran into a Koth deck with those cards today.  I Cast Out his first 3 biggies and coasted. Sometimes Koth gets lucky and you lose.  Most of the time if you lose, you aren’t using the right deck or you are playing it wrong.
    I can create a lot of decks that easily beat this Koth decks, thats not my point. My points is, when I'm trying out OTHER cards (which are not the ABSOLUTE best cards to beat any deck), it's annoying to get tinykitty by a default Koth deck without the chance to even test them. 
  • RandomID
    RandomID Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Starfield/Gid's Defeat lock is hacking me off something rotten at the moment. Also Olivia Mobbed is usually a shaft and Ulrich is OP... Jeez I realise I actually have a lot of complaints! Lol!