Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh: Official Thread

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in Planeswalker Details

manabluepng manablackpng manaredpng Nicol Bolas, God Pharaoh manabluepng manablackpng manaredpng
(At Level 60)
-1 manawhitepng | +3 manabluepng | +3 manablackpng | +3 manaredpng | -1 managreenpng 
132 HP
Creatures: 5 | Supports: 5 | Spells: 8
Planeswalker Story
"Elder Dragon. Tyrant of Worlds. Mind-Breaker. And now God-Pharaoh of Amonkhet. The almighty dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas is one of the oldest and most powerful beings in the Multiverse. His life spans thousand of years and countless planes. He has incited battles, finished wars, devastated worlds and conquered death.

Upon becoming a Planeswalker, the power Bolas gained catapulted him to godlike status in the Multiverse. With a touch, he could shatter a mind. His laughter rattled the foundation of worlds, and his shouts were like peals of thunder. He imposed his indomitable will on the mortals who crossed his path, and he eliminated any obstacle that dared to stand in his way.

In ages past, Bolas ruled the Empire of Madara on the world of Dominaria. He manipulated hundreds of years of history and prophecy to bend the five shard-planes of Alara to his will. Even among Planeswalkers, Bolas was supreme; he was victorious in a duel against the Nightwalker Leshrac, and he defeated Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, on Tarkir.

Then tragedy struck. When the Mending healed the time rifts that threatened Dominaria, the aftershocks caused deep changes to the structure of the Multiverse, altering the nature of the Planeswalker spark. Nicol Bolas was left with merely a shadow of his former powers. Though still more powerful than most beings in the Multiverse, he ached for what had been lost, and he refused to accept his fate.

Nicol Bolas is a mastermind of plots. He found something he needed on the world of Amonkhet, so he took control of teh plane, usurped its gods, and repurposed it to serve his desires. He manipulated the history and beliefs of the people so they would worship him as God-Pharaoh, and he created a system the generated a necropolis full of fearsome, undead warriors called the Eternals. Now he has come to claim what is his--and to destroy the rest."

Ability 1: Scorpion's Sting - Cost 9
Level 1 - Target creature your opponent controls gets -1/-1
Level 2 - Target creature your opponent controls gets -2/-2
Level 3 - Target creature your opponent controls gets -3/-3
Level 4 - Target creature your opponent controls is Destroyed

Ability 2: Plague of Locusts - Cost 15 
Level 1 - Draw 1 card and summon 1 2/2 Zombie token
Level 2 - Draw 1 card and summon 2 2/2 Zombie tokens
Level 3 - Draw 2 cards and summon 3 2/2 Zombie tokens
Level 4 - Draw 2 cards and summon 4 2/2 Zombie tokens

Ability 3: Call of the Scarab - Cost 21
Level 1 - Reanimate fallen creatures as Zombies, and deal damage based on the number of Zombies you control
Level 2 - ...based on the number of Zombies you control times 3
Level 3 - ...based on the number of Zombies you control times 6
Level 4 - ...based on the number of Zombies you control times 9

Comments

• Brigby
    *Updated Teaser to Official Thread
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Okay, I'm officially excited for Bolas. Now I just need to know the crystal cost and amount of runes needed to raise him to max. He's going to be fun.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    He is already in the vault. 40usd
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    40usd for Bolas + Unesh + Refuse + 3 super packs is the cheapest PW offer ever. too bad I already have Unesh. :( gonna wait and hope Bolas is available for crystal sale then. 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby can you double check his creature/spell/support load out? Players are stating he has 5c / 8sp / 5su.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    At lvl. 53 (low on runes) he has 5/7/5

Max out with possibly around 240k runes. (205k for lvl. 53).

Think he is the better tezz2 now, with cycling available (support destruction, direct damage and creature control with first ability). 
  • Brigby
    @octal9said:
    Brigby can you double check his creature/spell/support load out? Players are stating he has 5c / 8sp / 5su.
    Hmm that's peculiar. I'll have to double check with the developers on that one. I'll provide an update once I hear back from them.
  • klobberer
    klobberer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Bolas isn't in the vault for me or anyone in my coalition. Not in plainswalker or specials tab. Are we missing something?
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    There's an update to the game in the app store. I think you can still open and play the game without the update so that's probably the issue.
  • Sinitar
    Sinitar Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Ya know ya have to much Hour of Devastation when after buying Bolas ya automatically complete his first 2 decks and your 1 card away from completing the 3rd one lol
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Maxing him to level 60 costs you 320k runes in total. Let's the grind... BEGIN!
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Coilbox said:
    Maxing him to level 60 costs you 320k runes in total. Let's the grind... BEGIN!

1.450 per day in TG ... easy!

Wait for 5C-PW ... 5 years to max out.
  • The_Rev
    The_Rev Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Leveled him yesterday, started with 402k runes, maxed him and "bought" the 45k extra deck slot, left with 35k.

So that's ~322k to 60
  • Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    @The_Rev : can you post as crews hot of his profile with his abilities. I want to share it with a friend. Get some friends reanimated to come back :)
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
  • Waschecht
    @octal9 thx
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Really hoping he doesn't cost more than 1000 crystals. Having a hard enough time grinding mana runes to raise him.
  • Waschecht
    Will cost probably more
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    This guy is griefer's paradise, no doubt about it... creature kill as a FIRST ability? Wth...

Not sure if his second and third abilities are any good; first ability alone should be good enough to **** anyone after all...
  • dj55
    dj55 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    [arNero] said:
    This guy is griefer's paradise, no doubt about it... creature kill as a FIRST ability? Wth...

Not sure if his second and third abilities are any good; first ability alone should be good enough to tinykitty anyone after all...
    There are plenty of ways to deal with his first ability. Between token generators, raise dead cards/abilities, embalm, etc. You just have to play decks that bring constant creatures, or bring creatures back.

Bolas does look pretty awesome to play. I'm scared to see how much he's going to cost in the vault. Doing the grind right now, though so hopefully can buy and max him right away. 

I have a feeling the training grounds are going to be flooded with him for awhile, and every fight is going to be Bolas vs. Bolas.