Defensive wins

Options
Is there a definitive "yes" or "no" as to whether we get wins added to our overall wins for defensive victories? Seems that sometimes my win count goes up, sometimes it doesn't. But it always tells me I have a +# when I get that "you've been attacked" pop up. 

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You get an indication of how many defensive wins you got. But it does not add to your overall wins total (or else alliance mates would just attack and resign over and over giving free defensive wins). You do however get the points for the defensive win.

As for your wins count total. About half the time mine doesn't update after I win a match so that the count is off by 1. As soon as I view the scores or my roster or anything else and return to the screen the counter is correct. So perhaps you just minimized/exited with the count off by 1.

KGB

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    follow up question - I have NEVER been able to "find" anybody to hit them. Not that I do that, mind, but how is it done? Do you just keep skipping till you find the person you're looking for? Seems to me it would be quite a waste of iso (not to mention time) to double tap people intentionally. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    follow up question - I have NEVER been able to "find" anybody to hit them. Not that I do that, mind, but how is it done? Do you just keep skipping till you find the person you're looking for? Seems to me it would be quite a waste of iso (not to mention time) to double tap people intentionally. 
    As I understand it, it does take quite a lot of ISO, but it also supposedly gets significantly easier once your MMR opens up when you're over 900 Points.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there a particular reason why anyone would look for a specific person to hit?  Genuinely curious here...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there a particular reason why anyone would look for a specific person to hit?  Genuinely curious here...
    If you hit someone multiple times in succession they still only get one retaliation node, so you might be able to get more points out of them than they will get from you
    Or it might be someone you (or one of your buddies) is competing with for placement, so if you can knock some points off them you also improve your own position.
    And there are also many vendettas going on, big and small.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One time my girlfriend and I had just finished lightning round seed teams and were both at 245 points. While looking for a team to beat to pass 250 I came across her team, so I picked a fight and retreated to push her over 250 instead.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Vendettas? That's really funny. I imagine a player sitting in a dimly lit room, his face lit up by the glow of his mobile device, seething over his hit list:

"How dare he attack me! I'm adding him to my death list."

He scribbles SmurfyCute1991 to a long list of players he's out to destroy

"The odds are 1:362,948 I'll ever queue that player up again, but if I do - SmurfyCute1991 will feel the wrath of my Gambat and Gwenpool. Bwuh-huh-hah-ha-ha!!!!"
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    One time my girlfriend and I had just finished lightning round seed teams and were both at 245 points. While looking for a team to beat to pass 250 I came across her team, so I picked a fight and retreated to push her over 250 instead.
    I did something similar with an Alliance mate...I didn't think people in your Alliance were supposed to show up in your battle queue, but I did.  I put in a cupcake team, retreated immediately, and messaged them "Enjoy the easy win!"

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Quebbster said:
    Vendettas? That's really funny. I imagine a player sitting in a dimly lit room, his face lit up by the glow of his mobile device, seething over his hit list:

"How dare he attack me! I'm adding him to my death list."

He scribbles SmurfyCute1991 to a long list of players he's out to destroy

"The odds are 1:362,948 I'll ever queue that player up again, but if I do - SmurfyCute1991 will feel the wrath of my Gambat and Gwenpool. Bwuh-huh-hah-ha-ha!!!!"

There isn't that many fivestar players in each slice, so you tend to run into the same names over and over. Sometimes people hit you at the wrong time, their name gets stuck in your mind, and you make sure to repay them later when the opportunity arises...