Forum thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Age 25+ — as part of second childhood
    Used to read Sonic the Comic as a kid. Read that for a long time before mum suggested I was too old for it and convinced me to stop. I shouldn't have since I think it only went on for another year before it died naturally.

As for Marvel comics, only since Lady Thor became a thing. Started picking the back issues of the first run up on ebay, then discovered a site (thanks to the good folks on this forum) where I could buy them in the UK and started subscribing to stuff.

Still a devoted fan of Lady Thor and I hope she's around for a long time to come...despite the title of her current storyline =/
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Age 10–12 — right on time ... I think?
    As best I can remember, this was my first comic. That would put me at 12; a lot older than I first thought. If comics we’re still $1, I’d still be going to the local comic shop every week.

Iron Man was my favorite. I loved that he created his own super power. I loved Bob Layton’s art and I loved the stories. I collected this title for years. The Silver Centurian armor will always my favorite Iron Man armor, but as you can see, I found it a little late.
  • vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Age 8 or 9 — ambitiously deviant
    Had to be 6 or 7, reading Archie comics and Junior Woodchucks (Uncle Scrooge, Huey duey luey) I remember having a single issue of Spider-Man, Batman, and captain America as well.

Wasn’t until many years later (12) when I got my first job, that I began buying titles regularly for myself. Mostly Spidey, X-titles, FF4,  and Alpha Flight.  Ahh, the 80’s and 90’s.. good times!
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Before age 5 — a prodigy!

I'm not THAT old but that was my first comic. I started collecting in the early nineties, then left when the market crashed and came back when Joe Quesada made comics cool again in the early 2000's, then stopped again when Bill Jemas left Marvel. I don't buy printed comics anymore but I keep myself updated by watching review channels and sometimes I read digitals.