Mordo (new powers)

Options
2»

Comments

• ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
     But Gambit neuters Mordo's best power, his pink, as well as his blue which is his most consistent damage dealer so if you are using Mordo for his black power only this is crazy. 
    How does Gambit interfere with Mordo Blue?
    Yeah,explain...! :/
    Gambit does not have any Blue power...That's one of the reasons why people run a 5-3-5 SS with Gambit.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The blue comment was a mistake on my part.  Gambit does not screw up Mordos blue but it destroys his pink which is his best power.  So Gambit only pairs well with him is you run him at with no pink cards slotted that way you can maximize Mordos pink, you still have to collect blue and black to fire Mordos black and blue powers.  Gambit provides no acceleration for black or blue.  So now you are running with an under-powered Gambit and you will be eaten alive in pvp, you will be fine in pve, but typically the computer does not collect enough power for pink to do more that 10K damage, so again what is the point. 

If you run him like you suggest 5/3/5 now you cannot even use Mordo's pink, you have hamstrung his best power.  So in your proposed situation Mordo has become a "quick" charged tile generator to feed Gambits red, I have already pointed out there are several 4's who are just as good or better at creating charged tiles and they are not hit by Gambits color overlap.  I am sorry I am a big fan of Mordo and I am not seeing this pairing.  Whoever you pair with Gambit should not have active red or pink powers it is a waste of a power in most cases and is why Mordo is not a particularly good partner regardless of how you slot Gambit.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Best 4 star gambit partner for me is blade. Infinite bloodlust after turn 3. Turn 2 if you collect red. Strike on the boatd from danvers and watch things die
  • hopper1979
    Options
    That is a combo that makes sense :)

• JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mordo and Riri have been good together for awhile with C4rol or IM40, but holy cow, Gambattery puts those two on easy mode.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried boosted Mordo (5/5/3), 3* Hawkguy, and 3* Fist in a wave node in enemy of the state. Hawkguy makes purple for Fist and blue for Mordo. Works really well, especially since goons don't hoard ap for Mordo's purple
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Straycat said:
    Tried boosted Mordo (5/5/3), 3* Hawkguy, and 3* Fist in a wave node in enemy of the state. Hawkguy makes purple for Fist and blue for Mordo. Works really well, especially since goons don't hoard ap for Mordo's purple
    I don't know, his black is very underwhelming for me. I'd rather play him 3/5/5 even with your team. Boosted Mordo deals around 1800+ per AP with purple, even with 6-7 AP that is a very strong power, more than black would ever do. 
  • hopper1979
    Options
    When boosted his black is very solid because it is spamable especially when paired with C&D or other black generators when he is not boosted don't bother pink and blue is the way to go.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Run him 3/5/5. Getting the extra damage on black is such a hassle that it's not worth it. Just use it as a relatively cheap, self-fueling attack for finishing off weakened characters. Blue and purple, on the other hand, will melt faces.
    What Jarvind said. Mordo's black does nothing for me, but his blue and purple are great standalone powers, particularly if you're facing a team without a full spectrum of active powers (or with only expensive powers in a color). Five purple, when boosted, can snap off a ton of damage for 8 AP if the opponent doesn't have a way to vent its spare AP.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Run him 3/5/5. Getting the extra damage on black is such a hassle that it's not worth it. Just use it as a relatively cheap, self-fueling attack for finishing off weakened characters. Blue and purple, on the other hand, will melt faces.
    What Jarvind said. Mordo's black does nothing for me, but his blue and purple are great standalone powers, particularly if you're facing a team without a full spectrum of active powers (or with only expensive powers in a color). Five purple, when boosted, can snap off a ton of damage for 8 AP if the opponent doesn't have a way to vent its spare AP.
    Or just 'lucked' into a big cascade, or used an AP-generating power that comes later in the color-order than the AP it generates. Or was the unlucky victim of a Rage of the Panther (which, by the way, is a much better use of Black AP as long as BP is boosted).