What have we missed in 2017?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
2017 has been a big year for Marvel Puzzle Quest with some big changes to the way we play the game and some major character releases. Passive powers have reigned over the meta, both PvE and PvP got overhauls, Rocket & Groot replaced OML on everyone's grind team, and we finally saw the arrival of fan-favorite mutants Rogue, Gambit, and Nightcrawler.

But 2017 isn't over yet. What game change, or character release, did you predicte would happen this year but failed to materialize? For example, I remember some announcement for changes regarding off-screen missions that our bench characters could undertake for us to gather resources; something similar to 'crew missions' other games utilize. I really felt like this was something solid they had in the works, but alas - nothing. I now sense this has evaporated and will never come to pass.

What did you expect to happen? Which character did you think would be released? Do you think it could still happen in the last 6 weeks of the year?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A solution to the dreaded 6th cover needs to happen.. it's been a lingering problem for years

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only expectation was the one you mentioned - the away missions.  I remember reading that news and thought it would be great to have something for the 95% of my roster I'm not actively using to do.

Other than that, the only expectation I have is that changes that improve the longevity and the bottom line (in that order) will take precedence over any QoL changes for players.  I'm happy they've done rebalancing on some of the crustier characters.  That's strictly a player-friendly update.  And the Shield training was interesting in concept but ru9ined by being  presented as a blatant cash grab.