Character rankings 3/2014 edition: vote now!

13»

Comments

• user311 wrote:
    I voted. My rankings may go against everyone elses.
    Surprised Thor and Wolvie are still so high.
    suspect that is because a lot of players had them leveled up already.

And some of us think Thor was buffed, a lot depends on the build you had previously and the other characters you have on your roster and how if at all you've been using them.
    I find new Thor to be much better. I complained when they show us the changes and now I love using him. He deals enourmous damage + works as a battery. Combined with Storm* and OBW I need only a couple of turns (on Desert or Jungle) to win - my last turn being neverending spam of different skills.
    Definitely one of the best **star characters.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emeryt wrote:
    I find new Thor to be much better. I complained when they show us the changes and now I love using him. He deals enourmous damage + works as a battery. Combined with Storm* and OBW I need only a couple of turns (on Desert or Jungle) to win - my last turn being neverending spam of different skills.

I've been playing Thor/Modern Storm/Spidey in the divine champions tourney and I am having a lot of fun with that team.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I've been playing Thor/Modern Storm/Spidey in the divine champions tourney and I am having a lot of fun with that team.
    I think OBW is much better than Spider. In the end, You end up with the Neverending Last Turn, so the stun is not that important. AP stealing might come in handy though.

On the other hand - stunning at the beginning can build up this neverending last turn (NLT - all rights reserved icon_e_wink.gif ).
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emeryt wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I think OBW is much better than Spider. In the end, You end up with the Neverending Last Turn, so the stun is not that important. AP stealing might come in handy though.

On the other hand - stunning at the beginning can build up this neverending last turn (NLT - all rights reserved icon_e_wink.gif ).

I see where AP stealing would have it's benefits. I like having stun available just so I can neutralize Classic Storm right before I take a whack at someone so as not to get hit with Raging Tempest.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    modern bw?
  • Puritas wrote:
    modern bw?
    Double her hp, lower her purple cost, and she'll be a viable character.
  • I don't think OBW is better than Spidey but her advantage is that she has better offensive support. Spidey is pure defensive which is unecessarily overkill in many situations.
  • Just a quick update -- RealLife(tm) has taken over and I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to this project. I'll try to get some writeups done this weekend so that I can start posting them next week.

Thanks to everyone who participated! Hopefully the results will be worth the wait.
  • Awesome work mischiefmaker! Thanks for setting this up. I look forward to reading the writeups!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    I'd just like to add
    most likely on behalf of everyone who ranked black panther highly on their list

we take it back he's such a harmless little kitty
  • Puritas wrote:
    I'd just like to add

I think it's typical for all the new stuff to place high in the general rankings. I remember plenty of rankings like "best 100 music albums" or "100 albums You need to listen to" with some stuff no older than a year. And after a couple of years barely no one remembers those albums.
  • Yeah! Looking forward to the analysis afterward icon_e_smile.gif:)
  • I don't feel like sorting a list of 30 but the top 5 are imo:
    patch
    mags
    hulk
    punisher
    spidey
  • Puritas wrote:
    I'd just like to add

I disagree. I mean, obviously he's not as strong as someone like Spidey who can stun your whole team forever... but I've faced a lv 141 with maxed black. 3.4k to my whole team... getting 5 ap is not so good when you've only got one guy left.
  • grimeon wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    I'd just like to add

I disagree. I mean, obviously he's not as strong as someone like Spidey who can stun your whole team forever... but I've faced a lv 141 with maxed black. 3.4k to my whole team... getting 5 ap is not so good when you've only got one guy left.

+1, and if he gets that blue out... with his hp... and two teammates? ugh
  • Wow, what a great turnout so far! Thanks to everyone who's already voted; looks like we'll be able to wrap this one up pretty quickly. If you voted and didn't leave your name, please fill it in so I know who to thank later (and not attack when I see you in PvP)!

Rankings of power by color are indeed a holdover from last time; feel free to ignore those. I didn't delete the sheets because I figured maybe we'll do a ranking eventually, but not just now. I also added some additional columns and moved Nonce Equitaur's vote up with everyone else's.

soenottelling, I added your vote to the sheet. I put mStorm at #25, exactly halfway between **Magneto and Mawkeye, and I left five spaces blank to remind myself that you want IM35, Venom, Chawkeye, Juggernaut, and mBW all tied between Bullseye and Bag Man. BTW, the Google Drive app for Android phones is pretty good.

ihearthawthats, I added your vote to the sheet as well.

I did consider using surveymonkey or something like that, but when I was doing my own rankings I felt like it was really helpful to be able to move names up and down, which is a lot easier in spreadsheet form than in survey form. I wanted to make it as easy as possible to vote, to increase the response rate, so that's why I went with google docs. Maybe next time I'll go with surveymonkey -- correcting all the names and averaging them is kind of a pain.

I concur Google Drive app for Android phones is pretty good..They are easy to handle and their management is also commendable..It’s features are far better than the other apps.. If you want to check it’s configurations navigate to this website