On Patrol - A Team-up Guide (last updated 11.29.16)

13»

Comments

• Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for that guide.

One observation - Quake's green (at 4400-ish damage for 11 AP) is, IMHO, a good AoE Damage effect and not really a board shake (the shuffle cannot generate new matches the way a shake does).

Also, I tend to resort to TU's if a match goes badly, and I think a lot of people are the same. Ghost Rider's blackflag.png , while situational, is a particularly useful TU for pulling your bacon out of the fire (near the end of a match when you're one or two characters down). I'm actually building a L70 0/0/5 GR just for handing out his black as a TU (currently he's at 0/0/2 covers - it's a long-term plan).
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    A simple question, and I may have missed it in this post, but is there any benefit to the person sending the team ups? They can't use their heroes during that time, are they rewarded at all?
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Slothkins wrote:
    A simple question, and I may have missed it in this post, but is there any benefit to the person sending the team ups? They can't use their heroes during that time, are they rewarded at all?

The TU sender can still use their sent character as normal. The timer is only to limit sending the same character as a Team-Up multiple times during a certain period.

Generally the main benefit of sending Team-Ups to alliance members is that the whole alliance benefits from individual players scoring higher and beating matches more reliably and/or quickly.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    What I bring from this guide: When sending teamups for XP, send Carnage, Cyclops, Elektra and Invisible Woman. 4 XP with a 12 hour patrol time? Yes please!
    (though the recipient may not be happy for Invisible Woman or Elektra teamups...)
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    A note for the next update - the new Chulk only has a greentile.png TU available. (blue is now passive)
  • stealthdroid
    stealthdroid Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I have a greenflag.pngblackflag.pngicon_blackbolt.png and I have not been able to send him to my alliance. It seems only his yellowflag.png can be shared.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Bolt - 1d4 yellow only
    Goblin - 1d4 no yellow
    C4ge - 24h
    Bl4de - 12h
    Strang3 - 16h
    Peggy - 1d12h
    J. Drew - 24h
    Gwenpool - 24h

Wasp - no idea
    5trange - no idea, probably 1d4
    Agent Venom - no idea
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the update. icon_e_smile.gif FYI, you have a red flag next to Kate Bishop where a blue flag should be. I sure wish she didn't go out for 36 hours, because I think her powers work well as TUs. Also, there's no mention of Spider-Woman's active black (can't send due to self-target).
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Besides the "patrol time", whats the thought on Black Bolt?

I have him at 2 yellow covers and i figure he must serve some utility for some people....right?

they can take a 4/4/4, or 5/4/4 character and make them 5/5/5 for a few turns.

Is this something people want to receive, or should i stop sending it?
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    DJSquiggy wrote:
    Besides the "patrol time", whats the thought on Black Bolt?

I have him at 2 yellow covers and i figure he must serve some utility for some people....right?

they can take a 4/4/4, or 5/4/4 character and make them 5/5/5 for a few turns.

Is this something people want to receive, or should i stop sending it?
    I don't mind getting it, but it's more for "fun" in relatively easy PVE nodes or for very specific situations, maybe like a boss fight where I want my zero-yellow OML to be able to heal. It's not one I would use regularly.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Agent Venom's team-up is 12h
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    If i send a 5* character as team up to my team mate that is a new player who has only a 3* one covered level 40 as his best character. Does that mean that the team up he will recive is only lvl 40? Or lvl 255 as its the lowest lvl a 5* character can be?
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    This is in need of an update... I'll add what I know...

Medusa: Purple
    Carol Danvers: Black
    Hawkguy: Purple

Riri Williams: 36hrs
    Cloak & Dagger: 24hrs
    G4mora: 24hrs
    Medusa: 24hrs
    Carol Danvers: 24hrs
    Hawkguy: 16hrs
    Devil Dino: 12hrs
    Agent Venom: 12hrs

No team-ups:
    Thanos (both)
    4* Rocket & Groot

• Sidlon
    edited August 2017
    The most important update to note - the new Riri and Mordo both have a 4-hour return!
  • General_Tojo
    General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    If you switch alliances, do you keep the team-ups you got or does it reset to zero?
  • Sidlon
    You'll keep your team-ups.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    How do we update this necro thread?