Gencon

Options
2»

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mournfen said:
    Ah 98% is nothing interesting view. Completely inncorrect, but interesting. I know a large portion of the playerbase are running only cycling yet they still are not 98%. The subtlety of your attempt to proclaim I am at my current point due to cycling didn't go unnoticed. Clearly me using majority noncycling decks (as you said it is boring) and still at that percentage is nothing. I am just another monkey. 

If you take this latest event, I think the total possible score was 36 x 7 = 252.

If we go with your 98% rule, then you would have scored 98% x 252 = 247 rounded up

Considering I was tied at 12th place with a score of 251, your 247 would not even come close to top 50.

Steve is actually right.  He's not insulting you, he's just stating the clear fact that due to cycling and card balance, there are a large number of players than can obtain perfect scores, or only drop one objective point.

• mournfen
    mournfen Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Clearly you missed the + sign from a previous postand that I was not running cycling decks. I was using 98% as an average for all events since feb. Also 273 was max score. In platinum with 251 in first bracket you wouldn't even be close to 12th. Even so you are missing the point. Acting as if players aren't in the league of the "top" mega coalitions because of cycling is what is wrong. My point is that 98% is good and even all members of the top 10 coalitions s  don't all do it. Cycling is available to them also.would like to add that if 98% isn't good, not nearly everyone in the coalition I am in hit that number how did we make top 10? We also dropped a non participant mid event
  • Steeme
    Options

mournfen said:
    Clearly you missed the + sign from a previous postand that I was not running cycling decks. I was using 98% as an average for all events since feb. Also 273 was max score. In platinum with 251 in first bracket you wouldn't even be close to 12th. Even so you are missing the point. Acting as if players aren't in the league of the "top" mega coalitions because of cycling is what is wrong. My point is that 98% is good and even all members of the top 10 coalitions s  don't all do it. Cycling is available to them also.would like to add that if 98% isn't good, not nearly everyone in the coalition I am in hit that number how did we make top 10? We also dropped a non participant mid event

I don't care about your plus sign dude.  I responded exactly to what I quoted.  I shouldn't have to re-quote.

Sure, my numbers were based on a max score of 252.  If it was 273, then you can do the math.  Subtract 1 point from 273 to get my score, then multiple 273 by 98% to figure out that score.  Same argument.

• mournfen
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Same invalid argument. Dude. Didn't you say you were 12th with 250? Once again I wasn't saying that was my score and it wasn't about a single event, but rather an average of multiple events. Ignoring portions of a post in order to justify a means doesn't make a good argument FYI. BTW did any top 10 Coalition score 5351 points? I was just saying 98% is good. If you think 98% average on any event is bad clearly you are the mtgpq master and I humbly apologizes and bow in reverence to the almighty Steeme. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Steeme   @mournfen

Max for the weekend event was 273. TR finished 10th with 19 playing and a total score of 4654 which was an average of 245 for 19 players or around 90%. With 20 playing it would have been 233 or 85%. 

So that settles that. 
  • Steeme
    Options

mournfen said:
    Same invalid argument. Dude. Didn't you say you were 12th with 250? Once again I wasn't saying that was my score and it wasn't about a single event, but rather an average of multiple events. Ignoring portions of a post in order to justify a means doesn't make a good argument FYI. BTW did any top 10 Coalition score 5351 points? I was just saying 98% is good. If you think 98% average on any event is bad clearly you are the mtgpq master and I humbly apologizes and bow in reverence to the almighty Steeme. 

So what are you complaining about though?  You found out someone got a gift because they personally submitted some customer feedback and..... you want some of it because you average 98%?

For the record, nobody cares about your score.  Nor mine.

• mournfen
    Options
    i had a whole response but just realize the best response is to you would be Hahahahaha and pretend you do not exist from this point regardless of responding to any post I make. Good day. 
  • Steeme
    Options
    mournfen said:
    i had a whole response but just realize the best response is to you would be Hahahahaha and pretend you do not exist from this point regardless of responding to any post I make. Good day. 

Exactly.  You have no point.  In the future, you will get a lot further if you communicate your issue more concisely and refrain from blasting the community while you're foaming at the mouth.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Everyone please stay on topic, and do not insult other players. Thank you!*
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the poorly articulated point of that whole thing was : in an attempt to get data from a cross section slice of the community... Why were participants only from one faction? 

I know through a bizarre encounter that some other people were asked, but never got their hands on the survey form...so it's not like there was a lack of contact. 

The extra goodies was just fuel on the fire I guess. 

• Steeme
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I think the poorly articulated point of that whole thing was : in an attempt to get data from a cross section slice of the community... Why were participants only from one faction? 

I know through a bizarre encounter that some other people were asked, but never got their hands on the survey form...so it's not like there was a lack of contact. 

The extra goodies was just fuel on the fire I guess. 

So he felt "left out", and that somehow becomes his motive for publicly insulting not only the participants of the initiative but also completely disparaging Volrak and Octal's immense contributions to the game.

Adjunct's post indicates one person got a gift.  One person.  They took time out of their life to deliver customer feedback to D3 in person.  I think it was well deserved.  To post some type of snot-o-gram tainting what was a commendable and appreciated venture by members of the community is just unacceptable.

• boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So I'm confused. Who thinks it was a bad thing to try and gather feedback for D3 -- in a manner that was different and positive -- and for D3 to respond in a manner that was also positive? Isn't this the essence of a good working relationship? Attacking those with good intentions is poor form. I hope those of you who did are proud to be part of the problem instead of the solution. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am also confused. 

As far as I know, only the person's account who actually delivered the documents to D3 received a "present" from them.  None of the other players who made any contributions got anything (which is fine). 

Also, I am pretty sure the entire purpose of the exercise was to take a large cross section of the community and get views from all types of players including new players, casual players and veteran players. Certainly not every player contributed, but I don't believe the coordinator was intending to leave people out.  But rather didn't have the time, resources, or even awareness who all the potential players to survey were.

My understanding was there was an attempt with the power 9 team that somehow unwound.  Since I wasn't there I can't judge what happened, but it has to be admitted that there was at least an attempt to chat with that team.

Finally, no idea why you feel disrespected @mournfen... I know you are a good player.  Sorry if we haven't done a better job engaging your questions in slack.  I promise it is nothing personal from my end.

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    boopers said:
    So I'm confused. Who thinks it was a bad thing to try and gather feedback for D3 -- in a manner that was different and positive -- and for D3 to respond in a manner that was also positive?
    No need for confusion.  A single comment in this thread described the survey as being a bad thing.  That person is entitled to their opinion, outlier though it may be.

babar3355 said:
    My understanding was there was an attempt with the power 9 team that somehow unwound.  Since I wasn't there I can't judge what happened, but it has to be admitted that there was at least an attempt to chat with that team.
    I was there, and can say there was an approach, a discussion, and then a withdrawal.  All TP9 members were respectful and willing to help throughout.

But like I said previously, the survey was a good thing, and the scope was completely up to the person doing the survey.  There's not even a need to explain why there was a withdrawal from discussion, rather than taking input from the group.

• Adjunct
    Adjunct Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    boopers said:
    So I'm confused. Who thinks it was a bad thing to try and gather feedback for D3 -- in a manner that was different and positive -- and for D3 to respond in a manner that was also positive? Isn't this the essence of a good working relationship? Attacking those with good intentions is poor form. I hope those of you who did are proud to be part of the problem instead of the solution. 
    mebbe you should tell about how you got freebies from this. honesty, dude.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Adjunct said:
    boopers said:
    Jealousy is unbecoming of a lady.  I'm afraid yours has blinded you on this topic... and clearly negated your ability to have an intellectual discussion on the matter at hand. If you'd like to engage in civil discourse on the topic, and not pettiness, I'm happy to oblige.  
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Adjunct said:
    boopers said:

Maybe English is not your primary language so I will try one more time. 

NO ONE GOT ANYTHING FREE EXCEPT FOR THE ONE PERSON WHO SUBMITTED THE "RESEARCH REPORT"

Oh, and everyone who stopped by the D3 booth at Gencon or Hasbro, but was totally unrelated to bloopers comment

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Adjunct sounds very familiar--similar writing style to another Negative Nellie who's trying very hard to appear more positive these days. Perhaps it's an alter ego?