Gencon

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
Anyone seen D3 at Gencon yet? What are they up to? D'you get any cool goodies??

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, Mickleberry, appreciate the report!

Free Samut is pretty generous!
  • Adjunct
    Adjunct Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    [post removed]
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Adjunct said:
    you can also get a free samut and 5000 crystals if you complain directly to wizards and d3 at gencon.
    if you need proof you can look at this.
    a major coalition alliance delivered a letter of complaints to wizards and d3 at gencon and the person who delivered it got samut and 5000 crystals.
    a number of questions were asked of people in the major coalitions.
    did everyone who contributed to the complaint letter from the top coalitions also get these goodies?
    this would be very unbalancing if true.
    maybe everyone should get samut for free for all the tinykitty we put up with.
    top coalitions getting top freebies.
    it never ends.

//Removed Link to Screenshots with Player Names -Brigby

As someone who contributed, I can emphatically say that I didn't get tinykitty =) No Samut, no crystals, nothing.

However, I am not sure that formulating a case study and interviewing 100's of other players from dozens of coalitions could be considered simply "complaining".

I would be curious what your in game name is Adjunct? As your account is brand new to the forums and you seem to be wanting to stir up trouble for some reason.

• madwren
    Options
    Adjunct said:

To be fair, as Mickleberry shared above, all you had to do was show up to GenCon and write down your email address in order to get a free Samut. A couple of weeks head start on a planeswalker isn't really that bad.
  • madwren
    Options
    octal9 said:
    madwren said:

To be fair, as Mickleberry shared above, all you had to do was show up to GenCon and write down your email address in order to get a free Samut. A couple of weeks head start on a planeswalker isn't really that bad.
    That's pretty cool of them. Maybe I should go pester someone about running mtgpq's (self proclaimed) #1 fansite...

I don't think it's self-proclaimed, I suspect all of us recognize what an awesome service you provide. mtgpq.info is invaluable. I must reference it twenty times a day.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    madwren said:

I must reference it twenty times a day.
    That's it?! filthy casual.
  • shteev
    Options
    octal9 said:
    madwren said:

That's pretty cool of them. Maybe I should go pester someone about running mtgpq's (self proclaimed) #1 fansite...
    @octal9 is it true that your site includes a link to allow the people who use it to donate money to help with server costs?
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:

@octal9 is it true that your site includes a link to allow the people who use it to donate money to help with server costs?
    There might be something like that tucked away somewhere and not prominently displayed.
  • madwren
    Options
    shteev said:
    octal9 said:
    madwren said:

It's true, in fact if you just look on the very bottom of the front page of the site, you'll see the link.

https://mtgpq.info/

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Adjunct said:
    you can also get a free samut and 5000 crystals if you complain directly to wizards and d3 at gencon.
    a major coalition alliance delivered a letter of complaints to wizards and d3 at gencon and the person who delivered it got samut and 5000 crystals.
    did everyone who contributed to the complaint letter from the top coalitions also get these goodies?
    it never ends.

As someone who contributed, I can emphatically say that I didn't get tinykitty =) No Samut, no crystals, nothing.

However, I am not sure that formulating a case study and interviewing 100's of other players from dozens of coalitions could be considered simply "complaining".

I would be curious what your in game name is Adjunct? As your account is brand new to the forums and you seem to be wanting to stir up trouble for some reason.

babar3355 said:
    Adjunct said:
    it never ends.

What about the coalitions who tried to help and were dismissed and excluded? Which are all 15-20K but those affiliated with the top 2 coalitions. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assume they also didn't get crystals or samut @bken1234.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well the work done question the players and collect the infos is impressive. And a great initiative. Well done to those who did that
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thésée said:
    Well the work done question the players and collect the infos is impressive. And a great initiative. Well done to those who did that
    Yes! Well done! All 23 of you!!  
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    I checked out the booth yesterday, along with my wife and friend, a.k.a. the former members of our coalition who have since quit the game.

It looks like they decided to forgo the raffle and give everyone a goodie for signing up for a weekly newsletter, the goodie being early access to Samut. The new PW hasn't popped up in my game yet, but I was told I'd get it within the next of days. Still, a free PW is pretty generous, especially a two-color one.

Also, I got to meet @LakeStone in person and chat him up a bit. He's pretty cool, and he was willing to answer any question, even the not so easy ones.

From the sound of what answers that my wife, my friend and I got from the questions we asked, they (d3) understands that a lot of problems have occurred (with austerity, bugs, unobtainium, dupes, etc.) and that a lot of players have left as a result of these ongoing issues. They couldn't give specifics on what exactly they're going to change in the near future, given the Hibernum situation. However, they have every desire to win those players back, and hopefully the change in developers will make changes that will do just that.
    It was nice to meet you @Mickleberry.  Thank you for swinging by and I will be sure to pass along the feedback at Gen Con to the team.
  • mournfen
    mournfen Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Adjunct post is be removed why? Just remove the screen name. It is not surprise that a list of issues from players in "top coalitions" get more attention. I have been following forums and slack and can say with 100% certainty that the "compensation" is not equal across the board. I have said before and will say until blue in the face other than the occasional Coalition creeping in the top coalitions are locked because most of them have more than one account and just place each other in "feeder coalitions," these ARE NOT NEW PLAYERS!!!! For instance just today I faced a player that I personally know has many accounts and played all cheap direct damage that is easy to come by. What is this purpose? It is solely to stop those of us with 1 account from attaining top Individual rewards. For the record I have been getting 98+% points since February even when everyone cried about ToZ, ask the leader of the coalition I am in and the previous one. Why was I not asked any of these questions because 98% is better than about half of the player in the top 10 coalitions. How do I know this; I watch the scores to see how I place amongst the "top players." Why is this? Because I am not in good with top coalitions. Most of the questions I ask in slack and here a just ignored. I personally would like more information on the fidelity of this because I probably have spent far more money on this game than most of the players in top 10 coalitions, filed plenty of tickets with major issues that have been the direct cause of me losing out on rewards. A few player pretending to be many write up a letter and some question and get legit compensation?

The game has isues that have more than likely been addressed by numerous players not questioned in said survey, yet someone on here is saying a group consisting of top coalitions made a list and recieved compensation. I can't even get them to give me a reroll on the right Mythic Elite Packs they  like they answered my first ticket within 3 minutes of sending it. 

You questionaire is garbage. It would be like me saying hmmmm what the most OP card in the game and answering myself and quantifying that as fact. 

Octal and Volrak getting Samut and honestly more shouldn't even be a thought; they provide the community a legit service. Call this as it is I am whining any crying because this is a big issue. BTW I am in a top 25 coalition that has for months been sneeking into top 10 on Coalition events nearly every event? Why was I or my teammates not asked to attend. Why is someone's opinion in GP more valid than my own? Finally why is it that the only player stating they are stirring up trouble are in said coalitions? 

As reread my soon to be post; I think dang maybe my 98%+ isn't good enough to have a voice, but I have a teammate that has been perfect since I joined except 1 time and then he lost a single point. Why was he not asked to partake?
  • shteev
    Options
    mournfen said:
    For the record I have been getting 98+% points since February even when everyone cried about ToZ, ask the leader of the coalition I am in and the previous one. Why was I not asked any of these questions because 98% is better than about half of the player in the top 10 coalitions.
    Dunno why you weren't asked. You'd have to take it up with whoever was asking. You can certainly ask to join the top coalitions. People do.

I can tell you this, tho; 98% is no great shakes. Card balance is a joke, and the recent card sets show up holes in the ancient and never updated AI more than ever before. Any monkey with a handful of cycling cards can win as many games as they like, if they can stand playing the game like that.

Many players in the top coalitions, and across the game, are coasting now. Some can't be bothered dragging cards around the screen endlessly for cycling (I've cut down on play drastically cos cycling sent my RSI through the roof), other players can't be bothered to slog through tedious objectives, and still other players are setting themselves their own challenges because merely playing the game isn't enough for them any more.

'Magic is dying' is one of those cliches that we love to trot out about paper Magic every time there's a set release, and it's still going strong after 25 years. I wonder how we'll mark the 25 year anniversary of MTGPQ?
  • mournfen
    mournfen Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Ah 98% is nothing interesting view. Completely inncorrect, but interesting. I know a large portion of the playerbase are running only cycling yet they still are not 98%. The subtlety of your attempt to proclaim I am at my current point due to cycling didn't go unnoticed. Clearly me using majority noncycling decks (as you said it is boring) and still at that percentage is nothing. I am just another monkey.