Strange Sights Book of Vishanti Path

Options
I think everyone else is experiencing the same thing as me, but just so everyone knows the Doom levels are giving Doom 4 black AP on every turn, regardless of whether he gets a black match or not.  So basically after turn 3 he's got Summoning Demons out.  Faster obviously, if he gets 4 AP from a regular black match.  I don't remember this happening before in this event, right?
Tagged:

Comments

• Lord_Mephisto
    Lord_Mephisto Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    His minions generate 2 black AP per turn. That's how he Sumnons Demons so quickly.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always pick that path first because its the most aggravating to me. I felt like he was getting his attack tiles out quicker than normal too. Oh well, glad to be done with that part of the event.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Summon Demons is probably his tamest ability, by far ;)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Summon Demons is probably his tamest ability, by far ;)
    I just find it the most annoying, because he always seems to fire it when he's at like 12 health, and even tho I down him right after, the attack tiles stay around.

Also, for whatever reason, the teams I'm using lately tend to want way more black than blue, so his Technopathic Strike sometimes ends up helping me as much as him.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    I always pick that path first because its the most aggravating to me. I felt like he was getting his attack tiles out quicker than normal too. Oh well, glad to be done with that part of the event.
    Personally, I find the Ultron nodes waaaaaayyyyy more annoying than the Doom ones.

Sure enough, I got stuck going for a 7th clear on Daken's required node. I was using him, Strang3 and champed boosted Bl4de, but I couldn't keep enough red tiles on the board or match them myself to make Bl4de effective, nor could I match green or blue, and that fricking Flyer sentry kept eating the special tiles to boost their health. I finally got enough green for Tools of the Trade, but it took FOREVER. That, in combination with a crash in one of the wave nodes, meant I didn't get a 7th clear anywhere else. Probably killed any chance at T10, but I guess we'll see. 

The issue is, I kind of feel like I need Strang3 to get rid of the Mindless One, but as soon as he's gone, Strang3 becomes much less useful. 

In my estimation, it's one of the harder nodes in the whole event, and it's the 2* required node. For the life of me, I'll never understand why the devs thought it was a good idea to put that team combo on the 2* node. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

The issue is, I kind of feel like I need Strang3 to get rid of the Mindless One, but as soon as he's gone, Strang3 becomes much less useful. 

In my estimation, it's one of the harder nodes in the whole event, and it's the 2* required node. For the life of me, I'll never understand why the devs thought it was a good idea to put that team combo on the 2* node. 
    Agreed. That Node has beat the tinykitty out of me plenty of times. Making it the 2* required was just mean.

On the Mindless One/Ultron Sentry Nodes, I sometimes save the Mindless one for last, and just try to stay on top of its countdowns, while Flames of the Faltine fries the Sentries every time the Mindless One does a thing.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

Agreed. That Node has beat the tinykitty out of me plenty of times. Making it the 2* required was just mean.

On the Mindless One/Ultron Sentry Nodes, I sometimes save the Mindless one for last, and just try to stay on top of its countdowns, while Flames of the Faltine fries the Sentries every time the Mindless One does a thing.
    I've gone that route before, and it's probably just coincidence, but it feels like every time I do that the CDs or special tiles always get placed where I can't match them. Then their special tiles get pumped way up or I get eye beamed to death.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The first time Strange Sights ran, the 2* essential was Storm. That was not fun. I was demolished on this node every time.

Stupid sentries.

I've been brute-forcing everything with GotG +/- Medusa. I miss watching Strange melt off their faces, but seeing Gamora do it instead is kind of fun too.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,116 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually kept the Maggia path for last, but now with Kingpin's rework, having him and two Dons feeding him black makes for a very, very annoying fight. The Finger Poke of Death (tm) now smacks your entire team. Other than hoping the Dons use Trap as the black ability, there's not much you can do about it...
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I usually kept the Maggia path for last, but now with Kingpin's rework, having him and two Dons feeding him black makes for a very, very annoying fight. The Finger Poke of Death (tm) now smacks your entire team. Other than hoping the Dons use Trap as the black ability, there's not much you can do about it...
    I still have to do my final clears on that one, but it hasn't been bad at all so far. Strange plus R4G or Blade, combined with how many yellow and blue countdowns the Dons kick out generally takes Fisk down pretty quickly.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,116 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still have to do my final clears on that one, but it hasn't been bad at all so far. Strange plus R4G or Blade, combined with how many yellow and blue countdowns the Dons kick out generally takes Fisk down pretty quickly.
    While my R4G has 11 covers, he's only LVL 90 or somewhere around there...so he's not much help just yet. I've been using Strange plus Cloak and Dagger (working on champing them right now) for Hobo Fist's required node.  C&D as a black battery is quite useful when 12 black AP is an instakill against any of the opponents in the node.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    My R4G is only at 11 Covers as well. They were leveled up to like 230 for the event, tho. Any Strike generator will do, tho. They're just the one that  kicks in the fastest.

I do have HoboFist Champed, so all his Nodes were pretty easy for me. Just noticed that I never did respec him from 5/5/3 after I Champed him. At that point, his green and black actually do about the same damage. Which was plenty to deal with most things at SCL7 scaling.