Cover Color %

Options
Deathclaw
Deathclaw Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a quick question, do some covers have a higher drop % than others? I have my Thor at 5/5/2, been hoping for that Green cover a while now. My Modern Hawkeye, pre Hulk event, was 5/1/0.
So far through purchasing the daily and event reward tokens, i've cashed in 9 Hulk tokens. The results?
3 Blue Hawkeye
4 Yellow Thor
1 Red Thor
1 Black OBW

Of 9 tokens and however many possible covers, I got one I could use, and everything else was a repeat cover.

Do some covers have higher drops? Have I had horrendous luck? Is D3 trying to lure me into buying the covers I need? I know this is a little ranty, but i've pulled 3 consecutive yellow Thor covers now. The odds of that are preposterous if all the 2* covers have equal drop chances.

Comments

• 3 star covers have 15% chance to drop. The rate is the same for different character of the same amount of stars, tho.

You can view the drop rate for the hulk covers here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... REE#gid=45
  • Deathclaw wrote:
    Just a quick question, do some covers have a higher drop % than others? I have my Thor at 5/5/2, been hoping for that Green cover a while now. My Modern Hawkeye, pre Hulk event, was 5/1/0.
    So far through purchasing the daily and event reward tokens, i've cashed in 9 Hulk tokens. The results?
    3 Blue Hawkeye
    4 Yellow Thor
    1 Red Thor
    1 Black OBW

Of 9 tokens and however many possible covers, I got one I could use, and everything else was a repeat cover.

Do some covers have higher drops? Have I had horrendous luck? Is D3 trying to lure me into buying the covers I need? I know this is a little ranty, but i've pulled 3 consecutive yellow Thor covers now. The odds of that are preposterous if all the 2* covers have equal drop chances.

I could build a house out of the Modern Hawkeye covers I've been getting. A big house. With a double staircase in the foyer and a separate wing for guests. Captain America lives there with his 2400 identical twins.

I wish I could give the lot of them to you.
  • Deathclaw
    Options
    Heck, i'd take Red or Purple Hawkeyes, any color OBW, or Green Thor.

But no. Yellow Thor. Blue Hawkeye. That is all there is.
  • Deathclaw wrote:

HAHA! Awesome... so I just opened my final token from the last sub. Guess what? I did not get Hawkeye.

Yellow Thor. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Deathclaw
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    Deathclaw wrote:

HAHA! Awesome... so I just opened my final token from the last sub. Guess what? I did not get Hawkeye.

****. I infected you with a case of Yellow Thoritis.
  • Hey, if you ever need a place for your MHawkeye collection, it would go well in my subdivision of CHawkeyes. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Microtom wrote:
    3 star covers have 15% chance to drop. The rate is the same for different character of the same amount of stars, tho.

You can view the drop rate for the hulk covers here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... REE#gid=45
    Have the devs said the chance between colors is equal? I mean, Doom's blue and Rag's red have a reputation for being difficult to get. I still haven't pulled a red Rags At day 135 (plus I played for a few weeks before that on a different account and decided to start over).

Also, your spreadsheet shows me all "0"s but maybe that's because I'm on a tablet?
  • Microtom wrote:
    3 star covers have 15% chance to drop. The rate is the same for different character of the same amount of stars, tho.

Have the devs said the chance between colors is equal? I mean, Doom's blue and Rag's red have a reputation for being difficult to get. I still haven't pulled a red Rags At day 135 (plus I played for a few weeks before that on a different account and decided to start over).

Also, your spreadsheet shows me all "0"s but maybe that's because I'm on a tablet?

Dunno about 2 ability characters, and it's not my spreadsheet.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Deathclaw wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    Deathclaw wrote:

Infect me with Yellow Thoritis! My Thor's been stuck at 2 yellows for a month, and I keep getting Modern Hawkeye.
  • Deathclaw
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Deathclaw wrote:
    Jachdo wrote:
    Deathclaw wrote:

Infect me with Yellow Thoritis! My Thor's been stuck at 2 yellows for a month, and I keep getting Modern Hawkeye.

So be it. Posting in this thread may be enough.
  • Be careful everyone, I've heard many doctors say that Yellow Thoritis can metastasize into Captainamericosis.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    2* agressive recon for days and days. Just need one more Espionage. Stop giving me purple every time!
  • Microtom wrote:

I have probably sold 10 blue dooms if not more. I had 4 extra in my cache at one point. I think at least 3 have been from standard tokens as well. RNG gods at work
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Microtom wrote:

I got my Rags red at 5 from tokens and only got 1 green from the daily reward at Day 60 (I think). So most likely it all depends on RNG luck. I've seen players with no Hulk green but with red and black, while my Hulk green is maxed as well. >.<