*** Colossus (Classic) ***

1202122232426»

Comments

• frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I've noticed that now when you throw Grey Widow when she lands, if her purple activates the game selects the tiles for you, instead of allowing you to select the tiles, making the throw effectively useless.
    Is this working as intended? 
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    frostCoH said:
    I've noticed that now when you throw Grey Widow when she lands, if her purple activates the game selects the tiles for you, instead of allowing you to select the tiles, making the throw effectively useless.

It's a recent change but yes. Working as intended
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    frostCoH said:

Yeah that was changed at the same time as Mockingbird's release.
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Skrofa said:
    frostCoH said:

☹️
  • Jaedenkaal
    frostCoH said:
    In fact, all three of GSBWs abilities would select at random. So, not good synergy between those two.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Yep, he used to play quite well with GSBW, hoping for to get sniper for 'free', but even if you got her purple it was still useful since you could place the tiles optimally (hope to avoid getting her Pistol).

But now, Colossus' fastball is better used with other characters with expensive powers, like Cap. Hope for red or blue (and even yellow for the strong protects).

3* Thanos is a good partner as well. Oh, you'll probably get his purple more than 50% of the time, but when you safely get his green it's fantastic. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Yep, he used to play quite well with GSBW, hoping for to get sniper for 'free', but even if you got her purple it was still useful since you could place the tiles optimally (hope to avoid getting her Pistol).

But now, Colossus' fastball is better used with other characters with expensive powers, like Cap. Hope for red or blue (and even yellow for the strong protects).

3* Thanos is a good partner as well. Oh, you'll probably get his purple more than 50% of the time, but when you safely get his green it's fantastic. 
    Although, you'll still lose out on the ability to place Caps tiles (again, on all 3 abilities) yourself.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Just played Colossus with Prof X for fun. Couldn't seem to get purple anywhere so I threw the professor airborne, which guarantees the invisibility power, being it is his only active ability.
    Then, at work mind you, while playing quickly so that no one would know, I unexpectedly laughed out loud when I thought to myself, 'man, after being sent airborne, I hope Charles lands OK'...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Just played Colossus with Prof X for fun. Couldn't seem to get purple anywhere so I threw the professor airborne, which guarantees the invisibility power, being it is his only active ability.
    Then, at work mind you, while playing quickly so that no one would know, I unexpectedly laughed out loud when I thought to myself, 'man, after being sent airborne, I hope Charles lands OK'...
    He coerces someone nearby to catch him, no doubt ;)