*** Colossus (Classic) ***

12022242526

Comments

  • I'm all for a Colossus PvP!

    (Why, yes, I do have a 166 Colossus. Why do you ask?)
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    With the game the way it is he has been completly outclassed by Luke Cage who does the same thing, but much, much better

    Ah, but Luke Cage can't chuck his allies off into the sunset for a few turns. Honestly keeping my Black at 3 has been my plan all along just so that I get the extra few turns of dodging for the airborne character.

    Rage of the Panther and Supernova mean nothing to a character flying through the air! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I honestly really like this character. A lot of people say he's bad but I think he's really fun. I'm down for the really tanky characters. I mean my first maxed 3* was grocket for gods sake and i'm pretty sure that at least offensively he cannot die. And I mean, colossus pairs with grocket. My team shall be unkillable and I shall make colossus my new partner with grocket just to be incredibly skip worthy
  • slidecageslidecage Posts: 2,666 Chairperson of the Boards
    i though he would be the first person on the line but it seems its not. I ask this cause im trying to do his punch where it hits for XXX and his the rest of the people if he is in front. the only way i can get it to trigger if i do his YELLOW and then Pull the punch. If i push the punch even if hes first in line he does not hit for the extra damage.
  • NellysonNellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    anytime you make a match with Colossus's tiles....that's how people end up in front to take damage on the next turn.
  • edited May 2015
    slidecage wrote:
    ... the only way i can get it to trigger if i do his YELLOW and then Pull the punch. If i push the punch even if hes first in line he does not hit for the extra damage.
    Yes, he has to have his yellow tile on the board to get the extra red damage, that's what "in front" means in this case.

    Edit: I've never seen him trigger the red except when his yellow is on the board, I guess because he's not leveled that high in my roster and not in front otherwise.
  • AronditeArondite Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    shade_tree wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    ... the only way i can get it to trigger if i do his YELLOW and then Pull the punch. If i push the punch even if hes first in line he does not hit for the extra damage.
    Yes, he has to have his yellow tile on the board to get the extra red damage, that's what "in front" means in this case.

    Are you sure? Usually, making a match with Colossus' tiles, then firing his Red was enough to trigger the AoE damage in the past.
  • In front just means he's on the top of the list in the name display and taking the next hit. On offense, this is usually after you made your turn's first match with something that bears his emblem, or after using any of his powers (using a power always puts that guy in front until you do something else). Note that his yellow puts him in front unconditionally even though using the power already puts you in front (until your next move).

    On defense, whoever is on front is whoever you're currently attacking. So if the enemy is about to get a Colossal Punch off, just select someone else. Of course, if his yellow is out, then you don't get to select someone else, but otherwise it's really easy to avoid. Well, it obviously won't work if he's the only guy left too.
  • dr tinykittylovedr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    In front just means he's on the top of the list in the name display and taking the next hit. On offense, this is usually after you made your turn's first match with something that bears his emblem, or after using any of his powers (using a power always puts that guy in front until you do something else). Note that his yellow puts him in front unconditionally even though using the power already puts you in front (until your next move).

    On defense, whoever is on front is whoever you're currently attacking. So if the enemy is about to get a Colossal Punch off, just select someone else. Of course, if his yellow is out, then you don't get to select someone else, but otherwise it's really easy to avoid. Well, it obviously won't work if he's the only guy left too.

    Be warned, even if you have a yellow tile out, if you forget and use another character's power, that puts that character in front. He will still come forward to take damage whoever makes the next move, but never use his red directly after using another character's power. icon_e_smile.gif
  • donietschedonietsche Age Unconfirmed Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Cyclopes wrote:
    My team shall be unkillable and I shall make colossus my new partner with grocket just to be incredibly skip worthy

    I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't see grocket/colossus as a skip worthy (2/3 of a) team!
  • donietsche wrote:
    Cyclopes wrote:
    My team shall be unkillable and I shall make colossus my new partner with grocket just to be incredibly skip worthy

    I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't see grocket/colossus as a skip worthy (2/3 of a) team!
    For me it's skip worthy. Because I know I'm going to take damage and be forced to use a health pack. Because there's no way I'll be able to kill them quick enough. They'll just continuously chunk me and if I got a plan goes out and then a colossal punch, man all of the chunking.

    Point is, it's not going to kill you more than likely but it's like god damn that's a lot health. I think it's 20000 between them. On top of the mitigation from colossus and undying ability of grocket. It's just annoying and I personally am completely unwilling to fight it. It has been successful so far. I've only been attacked twice and won both times.

    But maybe that's just me as a person who absolutely refuses to fight a team with either the hulk or mthor
  • dkffivdkffiv Posts: 1,028 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Colossus can't Fastball Special Professor X which is a bit of a disappointment. Tons of black on the board but no purple so I wanted to get a Blind Spot out - wouldn't let me.

    Colossus Nick Fury Human Torch has been a lot of fun, let Colossus use black for a Fury power and Torch can play with red and green.
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,498 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    So Colossus can't Fastball Special Professor X which is a bit of a disappointment. Tons of black on the board but no purple so I wanted to get a Blind Spot out - wouldn't let me.

    Colossus Nick Fury Human Torch has been a lot of fun, let Colossus use black for a Fury power and Torch can play with red and green.
    I like to throw Deadpool with fastball special. I got a Whales and it was well worth the black AP
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,498 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclopes wrote:
    donietsche wrote:
    Cyclopes wrote:
    My team shall be unkillable and I shall make colossus my new partner with grocket just to be incredibly skip worthy

    I don't want to burst your bubble, but I don't see grocket/colossus as a skip worthy (2/3 of a) team!
    For me it's skip worthy. Because I know I'm going to take damage and be forced to use a health pack. Because there's no way I'll be able to kill them quick enough. They'll just continuously chunk me and if I got a plan goes out and then a colossal punch, man all of the chunking.

    Point is, it's not going to kill you more than likely but it's like tiny kitty that's a lot health. I think it's 20000 between them. On top of the mitigation from colossus and undying ability of grocket. It's just annoying and I personally am completely unwilling to fight it. It has been successful so far. I've only been attacked twice and won both times.

    But maybe that's just me as a person who absolutely refuses to fight a team with either the hulk or mthor
    I will say this throwing a 3,5,5 Groot is not a bad idea as you will do solid damage. if your plan is to throw groot to try and get multiple I got a plan then bring IF to speed up the black AP.
    so far I have preferred to throw Deadpool with colossus as you have a chance for whales. KK could be another solid character to throw even if you get her purple. If you can hit her green twice that is deadly. If you hit her purple twice you will get at least one green and close to a second so it is a win win. Fastball special is something Tha can be good or really bad depending on who you throw. I threw GSBW hoping for sniper rifle or deceptive tactics and got pistol. That kind of sucked.
  • JathroJathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    dkffiv wrote:
    So Colossus can't Fastball Special Professor X which is a bit of a disappointment. Tons of black on the board but no purple so I wanted to get a Blind Spot out - wouldn't let me.

    Colossus Nick Fury Human Torch has been a lot of fun, let Colossus use black for a Fury power and Torch can play with red and green.
    I've been throwing Fury a lot too... lots of fun. Another good third is Witch.
  • Marc_SpectorMarc_Spector Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    dkffiv wrote:
    So Colossus can't Fastball Special Professor X which is a bit of a disappointment. Tons of black on the board but no purple so I wanted to get a Blind Spot out - wouldn't let me.

    Ah, that's a disappointment. I don't have ProfX's purple yet, but the thought of Colossus throwing him -- either with or without the chair -- was of great amusement to me icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • xellessanovaxellessanova Age Unconfirmed Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    dkffiv wrote:
    So Colossus can't Fastball Special Professor X which is a bit of a disappointment. Tons of black on the board but no purple so I wanted to get a Blind Spot out - wouldn't let me.

    This basically confirms for me that Fastball Special acts like it makes a Team-Up of a character on your team, and PX can't be sent as a Team-Up so he can't be thrown.

    I've been using Scarlet Witch / Iron Fist / Colossus to feed Purple into Black into Fastball Witch, which is really fun.
  • DFiPLDFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just had an assassin with 3400 HP left, Colossus in front. IO wasn't on the board, but he was in front, so I dropped CP, which should have done about 3600 damage.

    It did half that. No protect tiles on the board, nothin'. Does CP require IO to work "fully," or do I need to post to the bug forum?
  • morph3usmorph3us Age Unconfirmed Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    It doesn't require IO to proc for the extra + AE damage, Colossus just needs to be in front. Might be a bug.
  • edited May 2015
    Under the hood, the game doesn't actually care who is in displayed in front, but rather who made the last match/skill cast. I only played with Colossus recently and had to learn this the hard way.

    Let's say you make a double 3-match with Colossus and Fury, with your finger on Colossus' tile first, the game will display Colossus attacks then Fury attacks, then back to Colossus tanking. Colossus is in front, and he will tank the next attack from the enemy, but Fury made the last match, so Colossal Punch will not activate the bonus. [Update: this info is wrong, will update when I actually reproduce it]

    The game lied, basically, and who is in front doesn't matter, and Colossus having his yellow tile out also doesn't matter. This is probably considered a bug, but for now you just need to pay attention to who makes the last match or skill cast, even in a huge cascade. If the last match in the cascade is not by Colossus, don't fire off Colossal Punch. Doesn't matter if Colossus has his yellow tile out.

    [Update] Confirmed that passive skill activating does not count as an active move, so Colossus IO -> Kamala passive heal -> Colossal Punch still activated the AOE bonus.
Sign In or Register to comment.