Are Riri or Spider-Woman worth Champing?

Options
heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
I am a 4* transistioner with 4 champs: Peggy, Nova, Medusa, & XFW.  Have 2.4mil ISO that I have been using to level my favorite 4*s as I cover them (Blade, Coulson, Carol, RHULK, SL, Big Pun).  I also just fully covered Riri and Spider-Woman.  I've kept them at lvl 70, since they didn't look that great to me.  I figured I should save my ISO for someone better.

Anybody have experience with these two?  Are they worth sinking the ISO into?  

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yes.

Riri hits incredibly hard when she's levelled, and can dodge around 3* Deadpool and the Thing's annoying passives.

Spiderwoman can remove enemy special tiles and countdowns and/or place traps, and can soak up a huge amount of damage.

They each do other things too, but those are less important.

Seriously though, Riri is a wrecking ball.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Seriously though, Riri is a wrecking ball.
    I second this. Riri will demolish anything in front of her right quick with IM40 as a feeder, but she can go it alone as well and feed herself on other teams. This makes her extremely dangerous as a damage dealer. When she's boosted Riri becomes truly terrifying.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every 4* is worth championing if for nothing else than the champ rewards.  Riri was decent before the rework and now she's really good, borderline great.  

Spiderwoman I'm less impressed with but others love her.  She's certainly not bad.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riri is a beast now.  Her only real downside is that if the damage from the red-feeding blue power knocks out its target, you lose a lot of red's power unless you're left with a single target.

Spiderwoman is niche.  Her red nuke really lacks direct power and side effects are lackluster.  The black is really annoying to fight against but easy to wait out, and if you're using it on offense it competes with other potentially useful black powers.  Timed right it really saves a match, but isn't a big deterrent.  The purple power's tile removal can make a sticky situation go away, but offensively I most often use its trap damage instead.  It's a decent amount, and nice that every trap that's destroyed, not just matched, does damage.  But again, easy to work around.  Makes a great teamup, if only you didn't have a 50% chance of sending the red.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just recently champed Riri and she's become one of my staples. She takes a little getting used to because of how much weaker her red is when there are two Opponents left, but once I got the hang of my pacing there, I became a huge fan.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok, I champed Riri based on yall's feedback.  What is her best build?  Who pairs with her best?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I run her at 4/5/4; the rank 5 damage on Magnetic Repulsors is hardly the point (but hello, charged tiles). 

I haven't used her as much as when she was boosted  (where she's absurd with everyone), but I imagine she'd go well with Vulture; she's great with Carol, if she's got the stronger color (blue), or I guess with anyone else with blue as her strongest color. 

I don't have him champed, but I'm envisioning a possible combo with Professor X (good chance of making a match-5 with Blue, triggers master plan which generates blue)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I run 4/5/4 as well. I only have a handful of 4* champs, so she usually ends up running with some combination of Coulson, C4rol, or Medusa. She adds some very welcome non-countdown hitting power to that lot.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM40 will speed her up, I usually plug Kate Bishop in as a third for her damaging black/purple which gives me a use for all colors. But really, Riri will fit in with anyone as long as any blue/red is going to her.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed with everybody else; you won't go wrong with Riri champed.

I run her with a couple of teams:
    IM40/Mordo (Kate is a good choice as mentioned by @Dormammu, but I don't have her champed; just make sure he's 5/3/5 since you'll usually want to use Riri's blue instead). Cho works for this too.
    For a pure 4* team, Fist/Cage works well, you'll use Riri's red instead of Cage's and probably her blue instead of Fist.

Hope that helps!