Who can be the best companion?

Options
Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
Hello,

I have recently championed my first 5* and I enjoy the experience overall (not much of a difference in PvP for me as the goal of 575 is as attainable as before). But I am thinking about the best partner for PvE. I hope to cut the time on PvE from ~30-32 minutes to under 30 minutes in SCL7.

My 5* is Doctor Strange. As good as he is in PvE against goons he can struggle sometimes against "tile movers". I am trying out different option - like 3* Thanos but I am not happy with the health loss. So I a hope to figure out other options.

One could be using the best boosted 4* and some support that works well with them (or two boosted 4*). Second option is to level another 5* to 360-370 to add more 5* match damage to the pack. But the question is who? It could be anybody from: 4-3-2 OML, 3-2-3 Iron Man, 4-5-0 Phoenix, 1-4-2 Bolt, 1-4-2 Goblin, 2-3-5 Surfer or 3-4-3 Black Widow. My gut is telling me Black Widow or Bolt (for his extra damage every turn to make the PvE quicker).

Anybody with similar situation? What would be the suggested action? Also - would a second 5* at 360-370 change the Match making in PvP (I have about 40 championed 4* so there is always a couple at 370 or higher).

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Try Bolt/Cage?

It's only 4 active colors, but Luke gives you a ton of sustainability and his red is significantly buffed by Strange's purple.  Also you have a lot of passive damage so matches should go fast.

For easy matches, you should definitely be using 3* Thanos though.  Just bring some throwaway 5*s for better match damage and it will end in one or two moves every time, which is better than Strange will be (barring lucky cascades).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cage is WAY too slow for PVE.

Bring Bolt up.
    The his passive won't do much at level 360, but you'll generate extra AP with those charged tiles.

Add Grocket or someone.
  • Magic
    Options
    Any way to know the figures for Bolt at 360 with 4 in black (only one that matters in this case)? I've found his stats for that level and match damage (not that great - around 840-890 for his 3 colors - not enough to one-shot kill the scl7 easy nodes). At 256 he deals 1069 damage. Can I expect something like 2-3k?

Also - would that change the PvP match making? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    Any way to know the figures for Bolt at 360 with 4 in black (only one that matters in this case)? I've found his stats for that level and match damage (not that great - around 840-890 for his 3 colors - not enough to one-shot kill the scl7 easy nodes). At 256 he deals 1069 damage. Can I expect something like 2-3k?

Also - would that change the PvP match making? 

My 461 does 4675 with 4 black, you can probably expect about 2K yeah.

No idea about matchmaking, but I'm guessing you have a couple of 4s that are boosted beyond 360 each week so it shouldn't change anything.
  • Magic
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I guess the extra 2K is not much but on the other hand the extra AP can be handy. I might roll with Strange-360 Bolt and best boosted 4* (or Medusa/Grocket/Carol if nobody plays well on that team). Could give me an extra couple of minutes per PvE clear and this is what I am looking for.

For PvP - correct. Every week I have multiple boosted 4* so the MMR should be as it is.