LR today?

Options
13»

Comments

• Chimaera wrote:
    Entropic stappit, I know I didn't attack you and you didn't attack me but why you put my in jeopardy like that.

Probably going to use some banked hero points for the last yellow if this doesn't work, its an enjoyment thing.

Normally 500 is the top for Hood rounds, whats this 550 and 580 tinykitty.

We used to ignore the Hood before denying AP to lvl 230 mobs became mandatory.
  • Sorry Chimaera & Entropic for attacking you guys. You two keep popping up and I was getting tired of hitting skip icon_e_sad.gif. Very competitive for yellow Hoody cover.
  • Ya I use him for that as well.

I did manage to top 2. I had Pincherz who was in 5th queued up in case this guy off my MMR passed me and he did and shielded immediately. I shielded early with 18 minutes left so when he passed me I threw in the best team I could muster and max boosts and ground out Pincherz 20k health team and that was enough to get 2nd at 570. Entropic made 601 while I did that. The guy in 3rd unshielded too late and I don't think had a match lined up worth 20 points or enough speed to finish it, I think he ended with 550. I turned off the phone with less than 2 minutes less in fear of breaking the game by refreshing the standings and then throwing the phone if he passed me.

Heart was pounding so fast heh.

Edit: Ya sorry for boosting off you pinchy but the Hood is my favorite char and I needed it so bad. He is maxed at 5/5/3 now and I have the iso to bring him to 141, not sure if I will yet. I think you were out of top 2 100% regardless.

Going to call you pinchy, you don't mind right? :p
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Entropic stappit, I know I didn't attack you and you didn't attack me but why you put my in jeopardy like that.

Probably going to use some banked hero points for the last yellow if this doesn't work, its an enjoyment thing.

Yea that was a pretty intense LR. I got my butt handed to me in the Hood round last night when I joined on a whim with only 3 health packs and a force close burned all 3. So this time I came prepared with 8 health packs from my daily reward (even though I didn't need them). Nothing was gonna stop me from winning it this time.

What put you in jeopardy? My un-shield to break 600?

Pichsterz wrote:
    Sorry Chimaera & Entropic for attacking you guys. You two keep popping up and I was getting tired of hitting skip icon_e_sad.gif. Very competitive for yellow Hoody cover.

I'm kinda amazed I cleared 600 while skipping any names I recognized. It was painful climbing 10-12 points at a time. I'm glad Chimaera noticed I hadn't attacked him even though I had to skip him about a million times. Sorry you didn't make the top 2, I only retaliated back that one time to send a signal for you to stop hitting me haha.

That 5th Yellow finishes my need for Villain LRs forever I hope. I'm missing 2 purple Loki but I don't care. Good riddance, definitely won't miss playing 90 min straight as fast as possible.
  • Ok I'm about to go ISO farming on the doom round. Not going for rank. Feel free to attack if you want. Might turn into a retaliation battle though since I won't be looking at names. Hehe
  • I did get 2nd after I smacked Pichsterz who I had lined up for 10 minutes in case someone passed me.

What put me in jeopardy is just you passing me. People generally settle for second, if that Grim guy was any indication. He snap shielded when he passed me by 2 points. I don't think he expected me to unshield with a 21 point target in queue. 3rd place was the same as last place to me so I went for it and it payed off for once.

Finished my Hood as well, I looked at your roster after I shielded the first time, grats on your max Hood as well and thanks for the truce.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In all seriousness, are Lightning Rounds (in terms of collecting needed covers) meant for people who are already building and using 3 star covers in terms of team strength/leveling (meaning they are already graduated past the 1, 2 star covers)?

I have several characters that desperately need extra covers and so I was directed to go the LR way to collect them (advice given elsewhere but not here)... But you kind of need to be able to survive them in the first place.

The lack of general tutorials/information in-game about all these different events is really not helpful.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Ya I use him for that as well.

I did manage to top 2. I had Pincherz who was in 5th queued up in case this guy off my MMR passed me and he did and shielded immediately. I shielded early with 18 minutes left so when he passed me I threw in the best team I could muster and max boosts and ground out Pincherz 20k health team and that was enough to get 2nd at 570. Entropic made 601 while I did that. The guy in 3rd unshielded too late and I don't think had a match lined up worth 20 points or enough speed to finish it, I think he ended with 550. I turned off the phone with less than 2 minutes less in fear of breaking the game by refreshing the standings and then throwing the phone if he passed me.

Heart was pounding so fast heh.

Edit: Ya sorry for boosting off you pinchy but the Hood is my favorite char and I needed it so bad. He is maxed at 5/5/3 now and I have the iso to bring him to 141, not sure if I will yet. I think you were out of top 2 100% regardless.

Going to call you pinchy, you don't mind right? :p

Haha, I don't mind. Yeah, I didn't have a shot @ top two, not enough time. I did one last attack on Entropic for 30 points but ran out of time. Hood sits @ 3/5/3 for now with one yellow Hood cover from daily rewards in two days. I'll try next week or two, should be less competition... I hope, lol. I have 6k HP that I could use to buy the last yellow, but I just want to win it for some reason.
  • Ok finished grinding those seed teams and put in a garbage team.

Suncrusher, when I started playing around Christmas I used LR primarily to net ISO. PvE and PvP events were far more sparse and spread out than they are now so that is less important. But it is still hard to find more value than hitting 100 in LR, 3 progression awards plus another 70 minimum when it ends.

It would depend on where your roster is at. If you can reliably get to the heroic token range, then you should be able to flesh out your normal roster well enough. The issue is that LR are the most competitive and cutthroat tourney in the game so if someone needs points and they think you are a good target you will get smashed. Which can make it easily the most frustrating experience (Other than when I got rubber banded with 4 minutes left in the Thick as Thieves 9 day tourney to 4th place after leading for 6 days) but thats me hah.

What I did to get my start was to not place highly in both the Hulk event the last time it ran and the pvp tournament that followed. what that got me what two sets of O.BW covers. Those covers gave me access to a healer and I still user her today, in this lightning round sadly. I think too many people try and skip 2* entirely. It may be possible the way they are adjusting things but I think you need to find a character you enjoy that shows up as a second tier prize and shoot for that.

Ares is the 2* cover for Heros pvp tourney right now and he is among the best 2* available. I have an 85 of him and he comes in at various times.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

Yea that was a pretty intense LR. I got my butt handed to me in the Hood round last night when I joined on a whim with only 3 health packs and a force close burned all 3. So this time I came prepared with 8 health packs from my daily reward (even though I didn't need them). Nothing was gonna stop me from winning it this time.

What put you in jeopardy? My un-shield to break 600?

Pichsterz wrote:
    Sorry Chimaera & Entropic for attacking you guys. You two keep popping up and I was getting tired of hitting skip icon_e_sad.gif. Very competitive for yellow Hoody cover.

I'm kinda amazed I cleared 600 while skipping any names I recognized. It was painful climbing 10-12 points at a time. I'm glad Chimaera noticed I hadn't attacked him even though I had to skip him about a million times. Sorry you didn't make the top 2, I only retaliated back that one time to send a signal for you to stop hitting me haha.

That 5th Yellow finishes my need for Villain LRs forever I hope. I'm missing 2 purple Loki but I don't care. Good riddance, definitely won't miss playing 90 min straight as fast as possible.

I avoided attacking you guys, untill I realized the only way to climb top 2 was to attack you guys with biggest points being offered to me. It was fun & intense LR, gained 5k Iso, so it wasn't so bad. Congrats to both of you on finishing Hood, well deserved.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    THANK YOU, Chimaera, for the thoughts.

Going to digest the advice, now. icon_e_smile.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    YAY! For the first time I attempted to be competitive in a Lightning Round. It was a Dr. Doom round, and I fought a bunch of 10-15 point battles until I had 333 (about 40 minutes left) and shielded, hoping it would be enough for a top 25 finish. It was. Hooray for small victories!
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    YAY! For the first time I attempted to be competitive in a Lightning Round. It was a Dr. Doom round, and I fought a bunch of 10-15 point battles until I had 333 (about 40 minutes left) and shielded, hoping it would be enough for a top 25 finish. It was. Hooray for small victories!

Grats
  • Wow that was fun. I had been primarily using LRs for tanking but figured my team was strong enough and went hard for two of them today. Got 2 Dr Dooms and 3 Mags covers.

For the Magneto round that just happened I went as hard as I could until 15 minutes left and then shielded. It prevented about 100 points of attack and I was slated for a top 8. But to win, I'd have to chance an unshield. So I went for it and unshielded and won a quick match and then reshielded (which might not have been necessary but whatever). What a great way to spend 50hp!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh come on guys, a cover maxed level 6 MN mags and C. Storm isn't that hard to beat >.>.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Whew, got a 4th blue for the Hood today. I must admit, rainbow team of oBW, Wolverine and the Hood is tons of fun.
    Some dude kept attacking me with his lvl 141 Patch, I don't deny he's probably good on offense (though risky with no stunners), but he's laughably bad on defense, helping to kill his own team with green.
  • Got my last blue cover for Doom today in his morning LR today, finishing off his covers, at least until they get around to giving him a (presumably) green power. Only my second 3* I've maxed covers so far for, but both Punisher and Ragnarok need two reds and they're done. Doom rounds are now diabolical only for me from here on out.
  • That was the saddest Loki round I have ever participated in. Sat in 8th at 25x forever and finally got attacked and gained points. Had to retreat several times after 40 minutes and hit bughunt's tank team to get in diabolical range. Should have just got the Loki hp reward and x2 covers to finish him. Black doom from the token, 5/2 now. Wanted a Mag cover.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    That was the saddest Loki round I have ever participated in. Sat in 8th at 25x forever and finally got attacked and gained points. Had to retreat several times after 40 minutes and hit bughunt's tank team to get in diabolical range. Should have just got the Loki hp reward and x2 covers to finish him. Black doom from the token, 5/2 now. Wanted a Mag cover.

Wow 250? Maybe I will finish my loki at some point