LR today?

Options
MaxCavalera
MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I thought Tuesdays were always LR?

Comments

• They start a little later. 12 est I think.
  • Only thing that worries me is lack of announcements page. I need these LR's to tank my MMR again 'cause I'm too damn high. I did one panther match to get myself into a certain hour bracket, and very first match that replaced the seed team had a 141 Hulk. Didn't even look at the rest of the team. :I
  • I think it's funny how a "where the fk are the LR's" thread pops up almost every single week prematurely. Patience children, patience.
  • I think it's funny how a "where the fk are the LR's" thread pops up almost every single week prematurely. Patience children, patience.

Hey, last week I started it at 12:05 pm. At least they usually start by then...
  • What placement is required for a yellow hood? Not that I'll get one due to hood LRs coming up at bad times for me.
  • Kyoku wrote:
    What placement is required for a yellow hood? Not that I'll get one due to hood LRs coming up at bad times for me.

Top two. Hahah. Hahahahah. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

I'm so glad I'm at 4/5/3 and one week to go for my login yellow hood. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Yeah, The Hood is one of the most competitive ones.
  • The Hood rounds being so difficult is one of my Catch-22s - I can't place in the Hood rounds because I'm stuck using a 15th level Hood.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    The Hood rounds being so difficult is one of my Catch-22s - I can't place in the Hood rounds because I'm stuck using a 15th level Hood.
    Managed to get first with a level 15 hood 1st round. Mine's now 1/3/3 and was able to put some ISO into him. Next round he'll be level 50 and hopefully have an easier time getting up there.
  • Lol Polkio - I hit you exactly the same time you hit me. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Safe to say I am hitting the peaks in MMR for the first time in quite a while.
  • I'm at peak MMR right now. Saw you Ladder, after my second fight. I haven't been able to get a seed team despite joining 3 minutes in to each of the LRs. I've been climbing to 100 and then sitting. Might retreat a few times this time to see if that helps.

To be fair, it DIDN'T pop up one week. So its not exactly out if the ballpark to be worried lol.
  • jozier wrote:
    I'm at peak MMR right now. Saw you Ladder, after my second fight. I haven't been able to get a seed team despite joining 3 minutes in to each of the LRs. I've been climbing to 100 and then sitting. Might retreat a few times this time to see if that helps.

I got a +17 from you - what happened?

To be fair, it DIDN'T pop up one week. So its not exactly out if the ballpark to be worried lol.

Hehe.

I'm debating whether or not to tank them all or actually try for a blue mags. I need 3 still :S

I just got OBLITERATED. I'm in a moderately high mmr. Wanted to start off tanking at least. Was facing OBW mags Loki. Low level Loki. 1st I get down about 3 web tiles down. They got a few early cascades and spidey was low health early. Was forced to heal and lost my web tiles. Still had very high strength defense tiles down. OBW healed once already so I was getting in a rush. They were getting ap too quickly. Threw out patches green. Match a red. Take OBW to >1000 once again.
    Enemy makes their match, a small cascade (with a few pink matches) and back to my turn. Still no blue. I try to get some red. OBW aggressive recon. Loki switcharoos my huge defense tiles along with taking all my attack tiles for his own. Magnetized projectile - monster cascade - game over.

Edit: btw I was running
    90 spidey 60 patches 15 loki
  • The Ladder wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I'm at peak MMR right now. Saw you Ladder, after my second fight. I haven't been able to get a seed team despite joining 3 minutes in to each of the LRs. I've been climbing to 100 and then sitting. Might retreat a few times this time to see if that helps.

I got a +17 from you - what happened?

Bad cascade took me out. Magneto MTed my Spider-Man and it was just about over.
  • Doom was surprisingly competitive. I suppose BP is culprit for that or is it overall more competitive?
  • Hmmm, subbed in tank team in last 30 mins of Loki, no takers... Ended up top 8. icon_eek.gif
  • I think one of the top guys in the Magneto LR just got banned. I looked at his roster, 230 X-Force and 141 black panther and etc, and now he's not there anymore. :I
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I think one of the top guys in the Magneto LR just got banned. I looked at his roster, 230 X-Force and 141 black panther and etc, and now he's not there anymore. :I

Could be that they retreated to lower points. I had a defense victory to a player with a roster like that, and it seems unlikely they would lose to a 141 Spiderman/108 Mag/97 Hood with that roster.
  • Grabbed my last Magneto purple for Top 25 - competitive round, but I pulled it off! Got hit by some fella named Tree like 8-10 times, but he was worth way more points so I just retal'd my way to a purple!