Node for a brand new cover. Don't understand.

Xicey
Xicey Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
What I really don't understand is why when a new cover (Vulture in this case) is just released is there a new mission with a node in there that requires you to have that brand new cover to play? Shouldn't that be done in the next couple of missions so it gives players a chance to get him? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    It's to "encourage" you to either buy packs or grind your face off in the release event.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has always been like this.  I believe the intent is to make people care more about the new release, even if it's only to obtain one cover because you need it for the next event.  

Personally, I've always thought it made more sense to just give away that first cover for each new release so people have to spend the HP to roster them, but what do I know.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can get the cover you need in progression by putting in a bit more effort early. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    The funny thing is vaulting, IMO at least, took a lot of the need to over grind or pay for the new character away cause they are so easy to get now.  Yeah you have to get the 1 cover to do the next event, but before getting 3-6 covers during a new character collective release events made it likely you'd get to use the character sooner, now that might be true, but it's 1 month earlier vs 6-12 months earlier.  

I'm not saying that it's bad, it's just kinda funny..
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    But for competitive PVP you still want max-covered ASAP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    But for competitive PVP you still want max-covered ASAP.
    Eh.
    They'll have one release pvp where everyone runs the loaner with Thanos.
    Then they'll never be seen again in PVP until they're 300+.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Agreed thats why i dont usually play hard in the new character required events if they find alot less players play them for that reason they will be forced to change it
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sure doesn't bother me for this event. No way I'm slogging through a 7-day event for a competitive finish. It's progression rewards only, for me, so ignoring one node isn't a problem.