*** Thor (Modern) ***

Comments

• Chimaera wrote:
    I don't know I kind of like it. If you love Thor he can now be on your 3* team. It's a "new" addition that I won't need to break a sweat over as any Thor required pve nodes will accept either Thor as the are the same right? I hope so at least.

I agree. I like how the original Thor works, and this makes him viable for a 3* roster. Yeah, it's not the most creative thing, but the alternative could be nothing -- not necessarily a new concept character. I just hope this is a rare event and not a frequently recurring thing. Gold Storm is going to be sick.

Is it just me, or has Thor added on a few pounds along with his new star?
  • The only thing bad about this character imo is that it makes gsbw even more irrelevant. She just can't catch a break it seems.
  • mouser wrote:
    Huh, they went with the same abilities. Slightly different costs and more damage with levels I presume.

Unexpected.

Well Yellow covers now increase damage along with tiles, so there's that.
  • They started yearning for the old days of thorverine in every match... Next up, "gold" Wolverine. lol icon_e_wink.gif But seriously Unless you let us transfer/ convert our 2 star into this then this is dumb. Just another way to sell cover slots. icon_cry.gif
  • Celerity wrote:
    cain84 wrote:
    Gold could simply mean a HP exclusive character! Only way to get covers is to spend HP. icon_e_wink.gif

But...uh...they're giving away thousands of covers for free in the event.

Outside of this event. Want to level up his abilities more? HP please.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    If anyone is able to extrapolate his max stats, let me know and I'll update.
    Ballpark max level stats:

8.5k health
    60/67/11/10/52/12 tile damage
    ~1300 red damage
    2.5k yellow damage
    3.8k/1.9k green damage

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if this isn't a mistake or there isn't more here we're not seeing yet (like maybe the L3-5 abilities change, or there's some kind of 2* to 3* upgrade, or whatever). Running out a 3* that's an exact copy of a 2* with some numbers tweaked just doesn't seem like their style.

Thanks! Updated.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    well, this seems... lazy
  • I will admit. As much as I do not like this 3* thor way of going. I will be aiming for top 1000 to get all three.
  • It seems to me this character is exactly the same as to the 2* version that was nerfed for being too powerful.
  • Welcome back 3* Thorverine! I thought we had left your broke pairing in the outdated version of this game! /facepalm
  • I'll echo others here. To introduce a second copy of the same character with a higher level cap, AFTER your player base has spent blood, sweat, and tears collecting and leveling the original version (sometimes twice), is lazy; poor design; a slap in the face; and patent ****. Not only is it additional treadmill, it's the EXACT SAME treadmill already trod at great length.

Points off, devs. I hope there's something you're not yet telling us.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It seems to me this character is exactly the same as to the 2* version that was nerfed for being too powerful.
    Pre-nerf 2* version's abilities only got cheaper when levelled, resulting in 6AP reds (that did more damage than they do now), 11AP yellows that were almost insta-kills for 2* heroes (2.2k iirc), and a laughable green. Red and yellow both converted 5 at all ranks as well.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Welcome back 3* Thorverine! I thought we had left your broke pairing in the outdated version of this game! /facepalm
    I would have preferred a Thor upgrade as Patch was to Wolverine, not a straight-up copy of the 2*. Were that the case, I'd have welcomed the return of the Thorverine combo. As it is, I'll be fighting to get all 3 and then see if the flashy stars mean anything. If not, I suspect he will be part of my new tank team next to Bagman.
  • The only argument for a 3* Thor is that he should have never been a 2*.

He is a GOD for heck sakes! Immortals don't cap at level 85 .
  • morphy wrote:
    The only argument for a 3* Thor is that he should have never been a 2*.

He is a GOD for heck sakes! Immortals don't cap at level 85 .

or Atleast Loki's equal in level!
  • What a letdown... Got all excited when I saw new Thor, until I realized he's the old Thor with an extra star.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    And Thor's reign of terror begins anew... now with 40 more levels.

Like a lot of people, kind of disappointed he is just a return to pre-nerfed days abilities pretty much. Would have preferred if he was slightly different (like Patch compared to Astonishing). That said, we have hope for a 3 Star Cap than, hopefully coming closer to the time The Winter Solider is released.
  • What a letdown... Got all excited when I saw new Thor, until I realized he's the old Thor with an extra star.

I felt the same. "Cool new Thor!....oh". I'm sure some people will be happy to get a new Thor though. It's just disappointing since I like the collecting aspect, and this is not scratching that itch.
  • Impulse wrote:
    What a letdown... Got all excited when I saw new Thor, until I realized he's the old Thor with an extra star.

I felt the same. "Cool new Thor!....oh". I'm sure some people will be happy to get a new Thor though. It's just disappointing since I like the collecting aspect, and this is not scratching that itch.

I sold my two star thor during the nerf rebate, so it won't feel as wasteful dumping iso into 3 star New-Old Thor.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I'm hoping his abilities are just place holders while they hammer out his real abilities. They have nine days to get it done.