***** Spider-Man (Peter Parker) *****

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Congrats @fight4thedream, enjoy that Spidey! I'll get there soon, I'm sure! :D

A couple comments on his powers and preferred build. Many people are saying that his red power is bugged. I don't think this is the case, it's just that his power description is a little misleading. It actually takes six web tiles, not five, to get those other two critical tiles out. Once you use red and convert the first web tile, if there are five web tiles AFTER this, it will convert another two. Because of this, many of the top tier players that have him champed are running him at 4/5/4. This build will allow you to get two webs out at the beginning, and if you can match one away on the first turn, you get two more out on the next turn. Once you fire his blue, this will theoretically leave you with 6 tiles pretty fast. At this point, you can either go for the AoE stun or his lethal red ability, but it's important to always fire off his green first before you start removing web tiles.

I've seen videos of Spidey BRUTALIZING 5* champs. He's going to be a very dangerous guy if you don't keep his web tiles in check. Web-Head is definitely making me glad that I cashed in, and champing my now-fully-covered Miles is going to be priority number #2, once I get Spidey fully covered!
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    It makes more sense for him to be generating extra crits at 5 tiles since his default board state is pretty much 2 web tiles and his blue creates 3. Oh and Ai order of operation for powers is red blue green, that means there's a good chance you will get hit hard by his green power when facing spidey
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Here's my question regarding this new 5* Spidey. I presume you can't run both 5* Spideys together but will they both count towards scaling and mmr. Basically if your only champed 5* were BSSM and Peter Parker would you be at 2 5* scaling/mmr even though you would only ever be able to run one at a time?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Hmm, @Dayv, I'd never considered that before. 

Let me ask you this, though. When 5pidey moves in to Latest, he'll join Star-Lord and Doc Ock. The general consensus is they leave much to be desired.

So taking that into consideration, would it be better to still pull from the new release Legendary store, maybe pulling fewer 5* covers total but guaranteeing they aren't 5tar-Lord or Ock? Or pulling 5pidey when he's in Latest and just dealing with the other two? 

I suppose there's always the third way: waiting for 5tar-Lord and Ock to cycle out and really hope the 5*s that replace them are better. 
    I'm not a fan of hoarding, so I always pull my legendary tokens as soon as they come in.  Star-Lord and Doc Ock are both disappointing, in my opinion, but I'll champ them anyway if I can get enough covers.  My personal goal is to champ all the 5*, so any 5* cover out of classics is always usable.

If I was open to hoarding, though, I'd probably be hoarding latest tokens (while still spending CP on Classics) and hoping the next two 5* are strong.  There's a lot of player speculation and hope for a 5* Thor around the time of Ragnarok hitting theaters, and it's possible that could be the last part of a Spidey/???/Thor trio in latest tokens.  If not, a 5* Thor might be the one to push Peter out of Latest tokens, which would be disappointing.

Now that I think about it, given the way most trios in Latest have tended to fill out an at least usable set of powers together, Spidey might make sense to be replaced by Thor... His Red/Blue/Green power set replaces Hawkeye's Red/Blue/Purple(passive),  and might make sense to be replaced by a 5* Thor with Red/Green/Yellow, (2*/3* Thor) Red/Blue/Yellow (4* Thor), or Red/Blue/Green (3* Ragnarok) powers...   Of course, they could surprise us with a 5* Thor that has no red at all -- 5* Peter Parker is the first Spider-Man (or -Woman!)  without purple, for a similar case.
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker

A couple comments on his powers and preferred build. Many people are saying that his red power is bugged. I don't think this is the case, it's just that his power description is a little misleading. It actually takes six web tiles, not five, to get those other two critical tiles out. Once you use red and convert the first web tile, if there are five web tiles AFTER this, it will convert another two. Because of this, many of the top tier players that have him champed are running him at 4/5/4. This build will allow you to get two webs out at the beginning, and if you can match one away on the first turn, you get two more out on the next turn. Once you fire his blue, this will theoretically leave you with 6 tiles pretty fast. At this point, you can either go for the AoE stun or his lethal red ability, but it's important to always fire off his green first before you start removing web tiles.

I've seen videos of Spidey BRUTALIZING 5* champs. He's going to be a very dangerous guy if you don't keep his web tiles in check. Web-Head is definitely making me glad that I cashed in, and champing my now-fully-covered Miles is going to be priority number #2, once I get Spidey fully covered!
    Dunno if this is allowed, but can you post a link to those videos. I would like to see them as I have my Spiderman 4/5/4.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Let me ask you this, though. When 5pidey moves in to Latest, he'll join Star-Lord and Doc Ock. The general consensus is they leave much to be desired.

So taking that into consideration, would it be better to still pull from the new release Legendary store, maybe pulling fewer 5* covers total but guaranteeing they aren't 5tar-Lord or Ock? Or pulling 5pidey when he's in Latest and just dealing with the other two? 

I suppose there's always the third way: waiting for 5tar-Lord and Ock to cycle out and really hope the 5*s that replace them are better. 
    I'm not a fan of hoarding, so I always pull my legendary tokens as soon as they come in.  Star-Lord and Doc Ock are both disappointing, in my opinion, but I'll champ them anyway if I can get enough covers.  My personal goal is to champ all the 5*, so any 5* cover out of classics is always usable.

If I was open to hoarding, though, I'd probably be hoarding latest tokens (while still spending CP on Classics) and hoping the next two 5* are strong.  There's a lot of player speculation and hope for a 5* Thor around the time of Ragnarok hitting theaters, and it's possible that could be the last part of a Spidey/???/Thor trio in latest tokens.  If not, a 5* Thor might be the one to push Peter out of Latest tokens, which would be disappointing.

Now that I think about it, given the way most trios in Latest have tended to fill out an at least usable set of powers together, Spidey might make sense to be replaced by Thor... His Red/Blue/Green power set replaces Hawkeye's Red/Blue/Purple(passive),  and might make sense to be replaced by a 5* Thor with Red/Green/Yellow, (2*/3* Thor) Red/Blue/Yellow (4* Thor), or Red/Blue/Green (3* Ragnarok) powers...   Of course, they could surprise us with a 5* Thor that has no red at all -- 5* Peter Parker is the first Spider-Man (or -Woman!)  without purple, for a similar case.
    I was running dates in my head this morning, and the way I was figuring it, 5pidey should be rotating out in early to mid-November, if you figure a 5* is released every six weeks. That's about the time Ragnarok is coming out, so it probably will be Thor that kicks 5pidey to Classics.

Of course, that is supposing they indeed do a 5* Thor; personally, I would be surprised if they DIDN'T do 5* Thor. He's the only original Avenger without a 5* variant.

I'm curious which 5*s will be released in the meantime, though. Defenders will drop in about six weeks, and I would assume GotG Vol. 2 on DVD will come out before Ragnarok does. But not sure who they would pull from there for the 5* tier. 

I ended up deciding to pull. Only netted two 5pidey covers, both green. I was hoping to get one of each, but RNGesus is rarely that kind. He had my back in bonus heroes, though. Spider-Gwen went from 2/0/2 to 3/3/3. I'll probably hoard all CP and LTs until 5pidey rotates out now. Can't say I'm necessarily looking forward to that, but it will give me a chance to level up some older characters. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dayv said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I was running dates in my head this morning, and the way I was figuring it, 5pidey should be rotating out in early to mid-November, if you figure a 5* is released every six weeks. That's about the time Ragnarok is coming out, so it probably will be Thor that kicks 5pidey to Classics.

Of course, that is supposing they indeed do a 5* Thor; personally, I would be surprised if they DIDN'T do 5* Thor. He's the only original Avenger without a 5* variant.

I'm curious which 5*s will be released in the meantime, though. Defenders will drop in about six weeks, and I would assume GotG Vol. 2 on DVD will come out before Ragnarok does. But not sure who they would pull from there for the 5* tier. 

I ended up deciding to pull. Only netted two 5pidey covers, both green. I was hoping to get one of each, but RNGesus is rarely that kind. He had my back in bonus heroes, though. Spider-Gwen went from 2/0/2 to 3/3/3. I'll probably hoard all CP and LTs until 5pidey rotates out now. Can't say I'm necessarily looking forward to that, but it will give me a chance to level up some older characters. 
    Oh, I hope you're wrong about this! I was hoping they'd be in the LL together (along with a 5* War Bound Hulk, wishful thinking, right?) when I go to open my horde. I like the GotG and Defenders characters, but I would be very disappointed to cover more of one of them than someone like Spidey (or the other two). 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    BlackIC said:

Dunno if this is allowed, but can you post a link to those videos. I would like to see them as I have my Spiderman 4/5/4.
    I've seen them on LINE, but I don't know how to save or share them :/
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

This is my plan. I've been hording for awhile now. I've guessed (completely guessed) that at least one of the next two 5* will be a Thor. I'm hoping that is true and the other 5* is good. 

If not, I plan on waiting til Spider Man hits the Classics and dumping my CP in there because I have the entire roster of 5* that need covers.
    This is my plan also.  I was planning on making a run at 5* in late November / early December regardless and was psyched to see the first of that group I would be trying for is Spider-Man and he seems good.  Hoping for good luck on the next 2.  I will be shocked if one of them isn't a  5* Thor to coincide with Ragnarok release and because he's now the only original MCU Avenger to not a 5* version.  So the question is who the 3rd would ultimately be.
  • Dayv
    (Ironically, the new Spidey pairs pretty well with GG, go figure lol)

Black Suit Spidey pairs pretty well with GG, too.  Their only overlap is on purple, but BSS purple is a passive.  In fact, with Gobby's low health, in some ways it's better to get Spidey tanking purple for him.  Still, neither has countdowns to take advantage of Goblin's passive.  Goblin and Hawkeye though... haha, ouch.
  • Dayv

scottee said:
    So that means for 6,500 CP, you can champ:
    - the 3 5*s in Latest
    or
    - 2 new 5*s during the New Release token.
    That's an interesting way to view it, and I think a very valid point.  I spent a long, long time without a viable team of 5* character because I spread covers across so many characters in classics.  It's finally starting to really pay off, but if I was to start the same plan today, instead of when Latest/Classic tokens were first split, it would take far longer.  I think it makes a lot of sense to hoard to start off a duo or trio of solid 5* that work well together before moving to any kind of "champ everyone" plan -- I'm just pathologically incapable of hoarding.  Besides, as I tell everyone in my alliance, hoarding causes cancer.
  • broll
    Anyone know if you can play 5pidey and BSSM in the same fight?  It would be pretty brutal if they ended up being your first 2 5* champs and you were handicapped to only ever use 1 at a time.
  • Dayv
    edited July 2017
    broll said:
    Anyone know if you can play 5pidey and BSSM in the same fight?  It would be pretty brutal if they ended up being your first 2 5* champs and you were handicapped to only ever use 1 at a time.
    It's a pretty unlikely scenario, but yeah, a painful one.

DarthDeVo said:

I think you're right about release timing -- it also makes sense for an R/G/Blue Spidey to get replaced by 5* Thor to keep Latest Legends color diversity on track.

In the meantime... I think a 5* Daredevil could happen for the Defenders release.  They still haven't released Jessica Jones in the game, but I can't see her being vaulted directly into the tier.  Daredevil is the most iconic of the Defenders characters, and unlike the Heroes for Hire who now exist as both 3* and 4* versions, Daredevil is a middling 3* character who's never seen a variant release.  He's the only way I see Defenders getting a 5* release tie-in.  He's also a good person to get a purple power, replacing Star-Lord in the Latest trio.

If they do release a 5* Daredevil, he's a strong candidate to have solid synergy with either 5* version of Spider-Man -- they've long been friends and allies in the comics.  No web tiles, of course.

In between... it's anyone's guess.  I don't expect another Guardians 5* release, maybe Yondu or Nebula at 4*, if anyone.

edited to add: The time is now to start campaigning for a 5* Ben Reilly!  (this comment added by my own clone)
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    No 5 star Reilly please, not after what they did to him recently in the comics, give me kaine instead
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Not too unlikely. My only 5* is BSSM. I'm currently hoarding in order to pull latest after Star Lord leaves. Unlikely with the amount of pulls I have to only cover Peter Parker from the 3 but not inconceivable either. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Beer40 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dayv said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Oh, I hope you're wrong about this! I was hoping they'd be in the LL together (along with a 5* War Bound Hulk, wishful thinking, right?) when I go to open my horde. I like the GotG and Defenders characters, but I would be very disappointed to cover more of one of them than someone like Spidey (or the other two). 
    That's pure speculation on my part. Well, not the timing. Six weeks from last Thursday is August 17 (the day before Defenders drops on Netflix). Whichever character is released around that time will boot 5tar-Lord. Six weeks after that will be September 28, and Doc Ock will shuffle off. Six weeks after that it's November 9. Then 5pidey leaves roughly two weeks after that.

Of course, this all could be plus or minus a week or two. Also speculation on my part was characters being tied to Defenders, GotG Vol. 2 and even Ragnarok. They're simply the major events coming up in the Marvel media future I can think of off the top of my head. There could be more. Or it could be a wildcard character not related to any of those things.
  • broll
    Dayv said:
    broll said:
    Is that confirmation that they do lock each other out?

With how painfully difficult it is to get 5* they really shouldn't have 1 5* lock out another.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator said:
    No 5 star Reilly please, not after what they did to him recently in the comics, give me kaine instead
       Scarlet Spider (Kaine) is definitely on my wish list although I would be down with a Reilly version, too.

broll said:
    Dayv said:
    broll said:
    Is that confirmation that they do lock each other out?

With how painfully difficult it is to get 5* they really shouldn't have 1 5* lock out another.
    I can confirm that they do indeed lock each other out. Although frankly speaking, BSSM would be a pretty bad partner with new shiny Spidey. They suffer color overlap, BSSM has less health and doesn't produce web tiles. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they buff BSSM because he pales in comparison to the new kid on the block. 
  • BiffQJ
    BiffQJ Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I think that the original article said that the new Spidey was going to be in LL on July 6. Seeing as that is not the case, does anyone know when it's going to move over?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    BiffQJ said:
    I think that the original article said that the new Spidey was going to be in LL on July 6. Seeing as that is not the case, does anyone know when it's going to move over?
    Its probably gonna be 2 weeks from the moment his special store closed, that was yesterday soooo... On July 25/26 he should be added to the LL pool.