Should I work to champ my first 4*?

Options
Verbahoots
Verbahoots Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
So, I've started getting to the point where I have 2-3 4*at 12-13 covers and thinking about working on getting my first champ. I just pulled my 14th blade. Should I work on getting him from 166 to champ? My average level of guys underneath are 180ish. My two other 4* options that have 13 covers are c4ge and c4rol. 

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would vote for 'Yes'. Champ the top tier first. Once you have 3-4 top tier champed, then you can champ lower ones. Carol is a solid choice for the first one.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    YES!!  I just champed Carol this morning, DOOO EEEEET!!!
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Carol and blade as your first 4*? Enter sports goods slogan here!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty solid options there.  I have 5 4* champed, but all old ones.  My average roster level is probably 200 (mostly 3*).  It won't be an issue for PvE, however you will probably start seeing differences in PvP once you champ 4*.  Although a team of Cage, Carol and Blade should be good.  You will just be fighting a ton of similar teams with Blade, Carol and probably Medusa.
  • Verbahoots
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've decided to go for it. Now it's just the slog to get iso and hoard for the other 2 4*
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Never saw this coming, but after a run of several Agent Venom tokens in a row, he is now at 5/4/3, with a red on the vine and a yellow due in the next event as progression

So Agent Venom will be my first 4* champ!

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Verbahoots did you notice a harder pvp/pve when you champed your first 4*? Im in a similar situation as you were in. Ive got blade, carol and coulson att 11 covers and ive leveled them to 188 so they dont level past my 3*s thats around 190.

So when i get 13 covers in one of them do you recommend champing as son as possible or wait to i got all 3 of them at 13 covers?
  • Verbahoots
    Options
    talleman said:
    Verbahoots did you notice a harder pvp/pve when you champed your first 4*? Im in a similar situation as you were in. Ive got blade, carol and coulson att 11 covers and ive leveled them to 188 so they dont level past my 3*s thats around 190.

So when i get 13 covers in one of them do you recommend champing as son as possible or wait to i got all 3 of them at 13 covers?
    I have been playing with bl4de for about 2-3 events and so far, I haven't noticed too hard of a leap. In PvE, the goon nodes are a joke.e. bl4de, IF3, and Dr. Str3nge just rinse them easily. It takes 2 of blades passive to go and it's over. Ones against the dark avenger feel a little easier/the same. Blade with khamala and 3 star iron man are pretty good. I can vouch and say bl4de has been a great 4* to launch with :) 
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed with Bl4de; while I'm a bit further along than the original discussion (20+ champed 4*), I've been running Blade, Mordo and IM40 a bit; even when nobody is boosted. Mordo gets a bad rap, but between his blue doing reasonable damage and feeding his black, and Blade's general awesomeness this group makes short work of most things I throw them at in PVE land. 

This group is too squishy for PVP, but Blade is great there too.