There is an "OUTSIDE"?

Options
2»

Comments

• dlaw008 wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm in Arizona, UnWiseOne. It's beautiful out. Talk to me in a couple months, though.

I usually take my phone outside to play a few matches then come back in. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Go outside to play video games?

Dude. No one plays games outside. That's like mixing beer and ice cream...

"I'll have a Samuel Adams float, please."

Now I'm kind of grossed out.

Maybe have like a Blue Moon with orange sherbet? Lol

• my other characters i didnt mention are 2* wolvie and classic storm both at 85, Ares at 70 and Daken at 69.

Given this information, it might make more sense to max out Thor first. Punisher is a direct replacement for Wolvie, so I would considering going Wolvie/C. Storm/Thor into Thor/C. Storm/ Punisher. OBW is a nice character to have, but I'm not sure if she's necessary given the current characters that OP has leveled as that would slow down the 2->3* transition.

Didn't see that info. That's good advice -- go with it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bcorm
    Bcorm Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Punisher's green attack does add attack tiles which is great, and since it doesn't rely on specific colors, like Wolverine's does requiring red tiles to be on the board, it has it's advantages. However since it also destroys an area and you can't control where, another one could destroy the existing tiles or cause a cascade that will. His red skill at max can really help drop level 230 enemies, Juggs with 18,000 can be downed with 7000+ Hit Points remaining. I like Magneto Marvel Now, Spidey with 4 blue covers and Punisher. Magneto feeds Spidey's blue to keep them stunned and since it requires pink tiles you keep shield tiles up as well, that helps mitigate damage if you can't stun for a turn or two, then Punisher for Attack and Strike tiles. Once you get the Molitov Coctail going and the Strike tiles adding up it's pretty easy to do some major damage. This works pretty good in PvE but the battles take a bit to get going so it can make PvP battles drag on meaning your open to attack for longer.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays while feeding my kid. :) And I, too, am enjoying a break after back-to-back PVE events. Got my 300 points in Panther PVP and am now tanking. This break gives me time to enjoy the new Diablo 3 patch and get used to my classes again before the expansion hits.

I've got a Punisher at 105 and I'm really enjoying him. I don't think you'll regret having him leveled. He's also the first 3* character I got 13 covers for, so I plan on dumping all future ISO there just so I can get at least 1 3* to 141. Of course, from a utility point of view, having a back-up healer for after the Spidey nerf makes me think that leveling your obw wouldn't be a waste either.

Is loot rewarding like in D2 LoD yet?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm in Arizona, UnWiseOne. It's beautiful out. Talk to me in a couple months, though.

I usually take my phone outside to play a few matches then come back in. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Go outside to play video games?

Sam Adams is the COD of beers...
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays while feeding my kid. icon_e_smile.gif And I, too, am enjoying a break after back-to-back PVE events. Got my 300 points in Panther PVP and am now tanking. This break gives me time to enjoy the new Diablo 3 patch and get used to my classes again before the expansion hits.

I've got a Punisher at 105 and I'm really enjoying him. I don't think you'll regret having him leveled. He's also the first 3* character I got 13 covers for, so I plan on dumping all future ISO there just so I can get at least 1 3* to 141. Of course, from a utility point of view, having a back-up healer for after the Spidey nerf makes me think that leveling your obw wouldn't be a waste either.

Is loot rewarding like in D2 LoD yet?
    They have a "Smart Loot 2.0" system they added which is really good. Loot will almost always be specific to the class you're currently playing with no useless stats on it (e.g. +Str on a wizard only item). I was farming MP7 with my barbarian and I've already gotten a couple of legendary item upgrades since the patch hit. They added a lot to the game and I'm really enjoying it.
  • Im glad im not the only one in this parenthood boat. I work 3rd shift, wife works 1st shift, leaving me to look after our 2 year old and 6 year old once she's out of school. This game is one of the few things that keep me running thru out the day. Right now working on maxxing out all my characters.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

Sam Adams is the COD of beers...

HAHA! Does that make Budweiser Wolfenstein 3D? Historically important but when sampled in a modern context it's a bit ****.
    I guess that makes my favorite IPAs something more like Dark Souls.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bahukma wrote:
    Babies + MPQ = Win
    My youngest is 3 months old and wakes up every two hours to eat. His first words will be Lightning Round.

Watch out for when the baby turns toddler - I have caught my 3 year old buying useless covers (with iso and hp) because he likes the animation. Now my iPad is set to auto-lock after a minute. Lol - 99% of the time it is a pain in the **** needing to enter my pass code after being idle for a minute but apparently 3 minutes gave him way too many opportunitys to bust into my game and clean out all my in game currency.

Ouch! My 2.5 year old son "helped" make a decision in my Punisher build. I was pondering using a green cover on him and my son's finger just whips out and pokes the "train" button. I like strike tiles so I'm not mad. Another time he made a random 3-match that led to the longest cascade I've ever had. It was a good 25 seconds of falling tiles.
    Sadly, he has not been able to recreate that little miracle.

Mess up a 3* character's cover build? You better believe that's a paddlin'.

Oh and to actually be helpful, you can hardly ever go wrong with maxing out OBW. My roster is firmly 2*, but it's so awesome to have someone that can clobber for 300+ damage unassisted, and when I team her with Daken, hurrah.
  • bahukma wrote:
    Babies + MPQ = Win
    My youngest is 3 months old and wakes up every two hours to eat. His first words will be Lightning Round.

Watch out for when the baby turns toddler - I have caught my 3 year old buying useless covers (with iso and hp) because he likes the animation. Now my iPad is set to auto-lock after a minute. Lol - 99% of the time it is a pain in the **** needing to enter my pass code after being idle for a minute but apparently 3 minutes gave him way too many opportunitys to bust into my game and clean out all my in game currency.

Ouch! My 2.5 year old son "helped" make a decision in my Punisher build. I was pondering using a green cover on him and my son's finger just whips out and pokes the "train" button. I like strike tiles so I'm not mad. Another time he made a random 3-match that led to the longest cascade I've ever had. It was a good 25 seconds of falling tiles.
    Sadly, he has not been able to recreate that little miracle.

Mess up a 3* character's cover build? You better believe that's a paddlin'.

Oh and to actually be helpful, you can hardly ever go wrong with maxing out OBW. My roster is firmly 2*, but it's so awesome to have someone that can clobber for 300+ damage unassisted, and when I team her with Daken, hurrah.

Honestly, I've made more mistakes in character builds than he has. Although, that may be more to the fact that I'm on this game everyday and he's 2.5.

icon_lol.gif