There is an "OUTSIDE"?

Options
Okay, i have 2 things i need to talk about. Firstly after what seems like 2 months of constant playing of THIS game, the many hours per day, the checking and re-checking, the anger and frustration, disappointment and elation and the horrible horrible sleeping schedule (which is okay truthfully as i have a 6 month old baby who i get up to feed during the night, bottle in one hand, phone in the other. "It's ok honey, you sleep and i'll feed the baby, i dont mind") i now have a full day without needing to play the game and i feel great. I think everyone needs a breather from THIS game once in a while before they go crazy. Last night i even had the chance to finish the last 3 missions in the story mode and it felt sooo good, not been stressed out, able to take my time without fear of losing and not having to constantly check over my shoulder that some noob is catching up to me with his level 39 Daken.

My point of all this is i was actually able to go outside and enjoy some free time and weather..............that was until the ice storms hit and now i cant go anywhere (nashville here) It's almost like the forces of nature are conspiring to get me to play some puzzle quest. NONONO leave me alone today please. I want to enjoy my one free day and not have my phone glued to my hand for once. My babies first word is going to be DEMIURGE.

Secondly and more to the point, i have hit a brick wall in terms of who i want to level up and pump what little iso i get into them and i need help with who to choose.

Currently i have a level 90 Punisher who i can get to 110. Should i do that or wait until i get another cover as i honestly dont think he is that good yet, maybe once i get him to a 100 it might scare of some attackers?

My other choices are Thor - 40 to max
Obw- 56 to 69
Patch- 20 to 63
Magneto now to 69
or C̶a̶p̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶r̶i̶c̶a̶

Help out a lost soul. Best answer wins a Hello Kitty Sticker

Comments

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays while feeding my kid. icon_e_smile.gif And I, too, am enjoying a break after back-to-back PVE events. Got my 300 points in Panther PVP and am now tanking. This break gives me time to enjoy the new Diablo 3 patch and get used to my classes again before the expansion hits.

I've got a Punisher at 105 and I'm really enjoying him. I don't think you'll regret having him leveled. He's also the first 3* character I got 13 covers for, so I plan on dumping all future ISO there just so I can get at least 1 3* to 141. Of course, from a utility point of view, having a back-up healer for after the Spidey nerf makes me think that leveling your obw wouldn't be a waste either.
  • I've heard good things about Patch but if I were you I would, as I am, just horde iso until there is really a pressing reason to spend it. I still tend to feel like I'm making progress as long as I see some number going up even if it isn't my character's levels.
  • Just got my punisher to 115 and im loving him, the damage really stacks up when you start firing those green and black powers.

I always have a base level of iso on hand and anything above that goes to leveling my punisher, that way i've always got iso stock if needed for an event.
  • Babies + MPQ = Win
    My youngest is 3 months old and wakes up every two hours to eat. His first words will be Lightning Round.

Watch out for when the baby turns toddler - I have caught my 3 year old buying useless covers (with iso and hp) because he likes the animation. Now my iPad is set to auto-lock after a minute. Lol - 99% of the time it is a pain in the **** needing to enter my pass code after being idle for a minute but apparently 3 minutes gave him way too many opportunitys to bust into my game and clean out all my in game currency.

Also, Ha! Nashville gets a little snow and you need to stay inside? Weak sauce. I live in Fargo North Dakota and the little storm passing through the South is our average weather condition from November to April. Lol.

Onto your roster:
    Thor - so much fun, even post-nerf. But he shares two colors with punisher so... At least one colors will be super weak during basic matches and it narrows your choices down for your third character.
    OBW - OBW is good times all around, I have never regretted having her maxed. And if you don't have a healer, then most def dump iso into her.
    Patch - Pass on Patch. Auto heal is cool but he shares two characters with punisher too and his red would be worthless since he is weaker than your punisher so he would not ave many tiles with his icon.
    Magneto Now- is super fun with Spidey and venom. Or just Spidey. He is probably super fun with OBW too. Never tried that though - my magneto now is at a pretty low level but seems to be fun whether he is leveled or not so I think you could hold off on him for now.

Summary: Thor or OBW. Now where is my sticker dammit?
  • Babies + MPQ = Win
    My youngest is 3 months old and wakes up every two hours to eat. His first words will be Lightning Round.

Watch out for when the baby turns toddler - I have caught my 3 year old buying useless covers (with iso and hp) because he likes the animation. Now my iPad is set to auto-lock after a minute. Lol - 99% of the time it is a pain in the **** needing to enter my pass code after being idle for a minute but apparently 3 minutes gave him way too many opportunitys to bust into my game and clean out all my in game currency.

Also, Ha! Nashville gets a little snow and you need to stay inside? Weak sauce. I live in Fargo North Dakota and the little storm passing through the South is our average weather condition from November to April. Lol.

Onto your roster:
    Thor - so much fun, even post-nerf. But he shares two colors with punisher so... At least one colors will be super weak during basic matches and it narrows your choices down for your third character.
    OBW - OBW is good times all around, I have never regretted having her maxed. And if you don't have a healer, then most def dump iso into her.
    Patch - Pass on Patch. Auto heal is cool but he shares two characters with punisher too and his red would be worthless since he is weaker than your punisher so he would not ave many tiles with his icon.
    Magneto Now- is super fun with Spidey and venom. Or just Spidey. He is probably super fun with OBW too. Never tried that though - my magneto now is at a pretty low level but seems to be fun whether he is leveled or not so I think you could hold off on him for now.

Summary: Thor or OBW. Now where is my sticker dammit?

Sticker is been fed-ex'd to you as we speak. I just put Fargo on the address, i trust it will get there.

p.s Fargo,,,great bloody movie, but do you really have accents like that police woman??? OOHHH YAHHHHHH
  • I'm in Arizona, UnWiseOne. It's beautiful out. Talk to me in a couple months, though.

I usually take my phone outside to play a few matches then come back in. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Go outside to play video games?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm in Arizona, UnWiseOne. It's beautiful out. Talk to me in a couple months, though.

I usually take my phone outside to play a few matches then come back in. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? Go outside to play video games?

Nope. Too much glare.

• Sticker is been fed-ex'd to you as we speak. I just put Fargo on the address, i trust it will get there.

p.s Fargo,,,great bloody movie, but do you really have accents like that police woman??? OOHHH YAHHHHHH

I would love to say we do not talk like that but I did go to college with several women who totally did. FX is making a Fargo tv series with Cohen bros at the helm. It should be good for a few laughs.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level up your Punisher as much as you can. A level 100 3* character is equivalent to a level 85 2* character so if you keep your Punisher in the 90s, you're no better off than using a maxed out Wolvie or something. A large reason why 3*s are better than 2*s is because they have 40 extra levels of scaling, so use that to your advantage!
  • Babies + MPQ = Win

Ouch! My 2.5 year old son "helped" make a decision in my Punisher build. I was pondering using a green cover on him and my son's finger just whips out and pokes the "train" button. I like strike tiles so I'm not mad. Another time he made a random 3-match that led to the longest cascade I've ever had. It was a good 25 seconds of falling tiles.
    Sadly, he has not been able to recreate that little miracle.
  • Really depends on the rest of your roster...

Punisher is a great character, one of my top choices, but he's not really strong in any particular area -- he rides the line between DPS and Support. You should focus on Tank > DPS > Support. Given the info you provided, I would work on Patch. Punisher & Patch work well together combo well with others. I would try to add in either Spidey (rainbow power!) or C.Mags to make a trifecta of death.

In my opinion, OBW will serve you nearly as well at 56 as she will at 69. I stopped using her when she was about 65, though I know others will disagree.
    Thor is still a solid character, but it looks like you are ready to transition to 3* roster. That being the case, your ISO can be spent better elsewhere.
    MN Mags is good for one thing, and that's a Blue battery. So unless you have a Spidey or Doom sitting in the wings, I'd probably pass on him for now.
    Moving Patch from 20 to 63 is a game changer, plus it has the long term in mind.
  • Level up your Punisher as much as you can. A level 100 3* character is equivalent to a level 85 2* character so if you keep your Punisher in the 90s, you're no better off than using a maxed out Wolvie or something. A large reason why 3*s are better than 2*s is because they have 40 extra levels of scaling, so use that to your advantage!

Looks like we posted at the same time icon_e_wink.gif

This is very true, but running a 110 Punisher with two 60's isn't going to do you any favors. I have my Punisher sitting around 130 and I can tell you that the difference between 90 and 110 isn't earth shattering. Yes, there is a psychological advantage to that extra digit, but if I saw a 110 being run with any other two characters >85 I would see a juicy target.

What are your highest level characters right now?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I'm in Arizona, UnWiseOne. It's beautiful out. Talk to me in a couple months, though.

Dude. No one plays games outside. That's like mixing beer and ice cream...
  • i was also very happy to not have the grindfest that has been the past 20 days. i wouldnt mind a few more days before the next big event.

marc
  • allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

"I'll have a Samuel Adams float, please."

Now I'm kind of grossed out.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Level up your Punisher as much as you can. A level 100 3* character is equivalent to a level 85 2* character so if you keep your Punisher in the 90s, you're no better off than using a maxed out Wolvie or something. A large reason why 3*s are better than 2*s is because they have 40 extra levels of scaling, so use that to your advantage!

This is very true, but running a 110 Punisher with two 60's isn't going to do you any favors. I have my Punisher sitting around 130 and I can tell you that the difference between 90 and 110 isn't earth shattering. Yes, there is a psychological advantage to that extra digit, but if I saw a 110 being run with any other two characters >85 I would see a juicy target.

my other characters i didnt mention are 2* wolvie and classic storm both at 85, Ares at 70 and Daken at 69.
  • allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

My mom is a pastry chef and once made a Guiness ice cream. It was f'n amazing. I asked her to make an irish whiskey/ baileys syrup so I could have an Irish Car Bomb sundae but it never happened.
  • bahukma wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

My mom is a pastry chef and once made a Guiness ice cream. It was f'n amazing. I asked her to make an irish whiskey/ baileys syrup so I could have an Irish Car Bomb sundae but it never happened.

I. Am. SO. Jealous. Right. Now!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    Really depends on the rest of your roster...

Punisher is a great character, one of my top choices, but he's not really strong in any particular area -- he rides the line between DPS and Support. You should focus on Tank > DPS > Support. Given the info you provided, I would work on Patch. Punisher & Patch work well together combo well with others. I would try to add in either Spidey (rainbow power!) or C.Mags to make a trifecta of death.

In my opinion, OBW will serve you nearly as well at 56 as she will at 69. I stopped using her when she was about 65, though I know others will disagree.
    Thor is still a solid character, but it looks like you are ready to transition to 3* roster. That being the case, your ISO can be spent better elsewhere.
    MN Mags is good for one thing, and that's a Blue battery. So unless you have a Spidey or Doom sitting in the wings, I'd probably pass on him for now.
    Moving Patch from 20 to 63 is a game changer, plus it has the long term in mind.

The problem with Patch is that your team needs to be focused around him: His green has a very significant drawback that needs to be mitigated with support from your other characters (stuns/tile clearing/etc), and his red dictates that he is the highest leveled character on your team and needs to cover at least 2 of the 6 available colors. I don't think he would be of much use at 63. While Punisher isn't the strongest of characters, his skills are versatile enough such that almost any team would want him. His green is very good in supporting the team with sustained damage, and his black is one of the few black skills in the game that are actually good. His red is iffier, but it does work in PvE events and can be used in a pinch if you don't have another good red user on your team. I think that his versatility alone makes him good enough to be a prime candidate for leveling up, since you will be using him on almost any team you make in the future.
    Jachdo wrote:

Very true, I was working under the assumption that OP had a team of maxed out 2*s to work with. While 90->110 isn't that huge of a difference, it's significant enough to deter at least some people from attacking, and is a good stepping stone to eventually maxing the character out, which is preferred when you've invested that much iso into a single character already.

my other characters i didnt mention are 2* wolvie and classic storm both at 85, Ares at 70 and Daken at 69.

Given this information, it might make more sense to max out Thor first. Punisher is a direct replacement for Wolvie, so I would considering going Wolvie/C. Storm/Thor into Thor/C. Storm/ Punisher. OBW is a nice character to have, but I'm not sure if she's necessary given the current characters that OP has leveled as that would slow down the 2->3* transition.
  • Breaking news: Man feeds child cellphone. First cyborg is born. More at 6.