Who makes you cringe in pvp..

Options
2»

Comments

• The only character I avoid is The Hood, though I'll probably be avoiding Black Panther if he's maxed now too because it's really risky.

I hate seeing Spiderman because it means whoever I beat is going to beat me eventually, as there's literally no way they'd lose on the retaliation, but I'm not particularly worried about Spiderman himself in the actual fight.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    As for your team, I can see why hulk might be an issue lol. You didn't say your third, but unless that third is a high lvl magneto/bp/etc you are likely have too much damage coming from just strike tiles...which is not a great situation against the hulk. I don't think dakan/obw is a great combo, imo, because dakan takes advantage of her black but does nothing with her purple. Obw blue is useless for speed and her black is passive you her purple is going to be ap for at least 2 useless colors. I do understand why the matching.is used though.

That advice works for any team, but I usually am running magneto/punisher/required. 18 ap for a translocation and a retribution tends to ko hulk rather easily If you did 1-2k already from matches or another cheap ap move (assuming its lvl 141). Green makes the first character go down faster and blue is insane @lvl 5...only on offense though. Punisher black is throwaway really..I probably don't use it efficiently enough, but it it hardly matters. Yellow is hard to find a good use on almost any team. Part of the reason bp looks so good to go with punisher/mag/x team despite being rather lackluster.

Hulk isn't HARD to deal with. He just takes atad longer due to the hp pool. Punisher's red helps toitigate that, which is nice.
    Yeah with Daken I tend to sit on a lot of dead colours, I just like the speedy strikes when making pushes. 3rd character is usually a required whoever.
    My Punisher has only 2 red covers so far. I don't have any high enough damage moves (3 green in Thor, no green at all in Ares (5 yellow though)). Wolverine is my best choice frankly, if I can store up to 24 red (sheesh). Obviously no usable Patch, Magneto or GSBW. Stunning seems more reliable, alas.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The only character I avoid is The Hood, though I'll probably be avoiding Black Panther if he's maxed now too because it's really risky.

I hate seeing Spiderman because it means whoever I beat is going to beat me eventually, as there's literally no way they'd lose on the retaliation, but I'm not particularly worried about Spiderman himself in the actual fight.

This.

I don't see Spider-Man as too difficult to handle...but the very annoying part is that team can turn around and beat you, you won't get a successful defense, no matter how strong your team is...

I really can't wait for his nerf, I'm tired of seeing him on 90% of teams...

I run a team with max hood and punisher and near max c.mag and it's a bit annoying to get beaten by a team with 3 90ish 3 stars, but one is Spider-Man...
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Patches+OBW+Thor is a headache especially when the strike tiles come out. if you kill widow first then patches will have more tiles on the board and his red will do some serious damage. I just ran into a C.Storm 85 + Black Pan 86+ OBW 85 in shield training and it was hell. every blue i had went to storm and ever black i had went to panther. the AI unleashed wind storm and rage of the panther at once. INSTA-KILL!!!
  • I personally hate fighting Daken mostly because he just slows down the match and his healing factor is annoying.
  • Yeah I was going to say, I hate Spider-Man. Not because of ATU. Not because of the protect tiles sapping my strength. But because of the animation.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah I was going to say, I hate Spider-Man. Not because of ATU. Not because of the protect tiles sapping my strength. But because of the animation.

I wish there was a +1 button for this post icon_e_smile.gif
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OBW single handedly shutting down my team with a single recon. Blah

1. Bring someone who uses pink (cough cough "Purple" yeah right) and prioritize it above all other colors

2. Prioritize any single color above all other colors. If you've matched almost entirely yellow and she wants to spend 8 pink AP to steal 3 yellow and 3 black from you... and you still have 9 yellow... uhhh... good job, OBW, real useful

3. The obvious one: bring your own OBW to steal right after she steals.
  • Zifna wrote:

1. Bring someone who uses pink (cough cough "Purple" yeah right) and prioritize it above all other colors

2. Prioritize any single color above all other colors. If you've matched almost entirely yellow and she wants to spend 8 pink AP to steal 3 yellow and 3 black from you... and you still have 9 yellow... uhhh... good job, OBW, real useful

or my favorite.
    4. Murder the **** out of her
  • nobody1111 wrote:
    Zifna wrote:

or my favorite.
    4. Murder the tinykitty out of her

I've always gone for #4 personally. I only really use OBW in the prologue, or occasionally in PVE.
  • I don't think I dislike any particular individual, so much as I dislike seeing combinations of individuals. Seeing two characters that take different strategies to fight means that the impending battle will be even more dependent on the initial board state and first few matches. Something like OBW and Patch as that's 3 colors I really, really want to deny.
  • Doesn't make me cringe and I don't skip her but I've used the 'C' word on OBW probably 100 times when that ..... Lady.....steals my purples while I'm frantically trying to get them before my team gets one-shotted by Ares or Thor or whoever.