Who makes you cringe in pvp..

Options
For example, a lol 141 hood is annoying enough that I skip it unless the points are worth it. (Some reason he's more annoying in pvp then pve).
Either way, I always stun lock him from the beginning.

Comments

• Weren't you hateful of Spidey and stunlock?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3197&p=50140#p50140
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    not who, but what. and that's enemy cascades. You can lose to 1* mStorm thanks to these.
    Yeah lvl 141 Hulk and Spidey are annoying. If you can stunlock either, you should be good.
  • Yes, but I joined the masses, spent 2500 HO and got my own ... I still look forward to his nerf, but considering he has been on the block for awhile, I use him like everyone else. ... **** I even got him (just now) from lvl 50 to lvl 70.
    And if you read, I didn't cringe to play him, just hate how anyone with a 5 blue spiderman, is practically invisible when they control him.
  • I've got a friend at work whose brackets always end with the top player being like 680 or something. I join and my top player is at 900+. I envy him painfully and it makes me cringe to hear his stories.
  • The recent PvE has given me a new respect for The Hood and how his AP stealing can really screw you up. Even though he's quite squishy (even at level 230), he can quite easily stop you getting your big attacks off, while fueling the others alongside him. He's definitely someone I'd like to add to my own high level roster at some point, but I only have 3 covers for him at the moment.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ares 85- I just move on
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Ares 85- I just move on
    If you have oBW, steal enemy's AP. She can postpone Sunder too, if Ares does get it off. Daken can absorb a hit or two and heal those off. Run Wolverine and one shot Ares with 12 red + strike damage. Run Thor and compete with Ares, but be careful since you may end up feeding him, better store all the red and yellow and unleash everything at once when you're ready, use the green to mop up or fire it early if you have it.
    If you lack all of the above, but have cStorm, take cStorm against him and any hurt/low health character, and allow the low healther and the third required character to take a couple of nasty hits, take some match damage with cStorm herself (you just borrow the required character not to endanger your own), so that the team is below 50% health, cStorm wipes the floor with Ares and the entire enemy team. You may want to go cStorm/Magneto Marvel NOW and generate some blue with Magneto to have a guaranteed stun. mStorm also generates all the AP you could ever want if you just cover her properly.
    Seriously he's not so bad.
  • Pentagoon
    Pentagoon Posts: 98
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Ares 85- I just move on

Amen, brother. Sunder is my bane. I target that SOB first in PVE too. I don't know what I'd do against an Ares / Bullseye / Daken team.... I'd freak out and have a full blown panic attack.

--Pentagoon
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    not who, but what. and that's enemy cascades. You can lose to 1* mStorm thanks to these.
    Yeah lvl 141 Hulk and Spidey are annoying. If you can stunlock either, you should be good.

Yeah i just had a killer one facing Jug Rag and moonstone in the last PvE. I had just used my recon to get the team out of special moves they probably had 2 red AP, One turn they get some ridiculous cascade of all reds they go up to 17 red AP. You know the story from there but i played it out cause im a glutton and because you know sometimes they use thunderclap or photonblast stupidly.... not this time. Too bad we can't over level our Juggernaut lol.
  • mStorm + oBW. Sometimes their turn lasts so long my phone switches to power save mode.

Classic Magneto - I hate waiting for his red power every single turn. Throw him in with mStorm and oBW, and you may never get to go again.
  • The hood, spiderman and c mag. I hate this team. I will only kill it for 30+ points and I'll probably go in with 6 blue just to stun the hood for several rounds. Hopefully he's dead before he steals my ap. He is inanely annoying. Spidey doesn't usually bother me, but with the hood taking my blue and giving it to him, he a real peach. And I'm never a fan of C Mag. The computer has this funny way of cascading 10 purple and then killing one of my characters. Thanks but no thanks.
  • OBW single handedly shutting down my team with a single recon. Blah
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Ares 85- I just move on
    If you have oBW, steal enemy's AP..... a lot of good advice
    Seriously he's not so bad.

I agree , I can beat him but I can never complete a match against him without needed some health packs after.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    I agree , I can beat him but I can never complete a match against him without needed some health packs after.
    Sadly that's his purpose as a character, make players buy more health packs. He even hurts himself so that his owner needs some, too. I never liked him much after hearing the catchphrase 'Ares is Juggernaut 2.0'.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I've got a friend at work whose brackets always end with the top player being like 680 or something. I join and my top player is at 900+. I envy him painfully and it makes me cringe to hear his stories.

Ask him when he joins. Some ppl just have all the luck though. If I feel like trying I seem to get forum goers. When I don't care I walk into easy 750 wins it brackets lol. If I cannot really participate it HAS to be easy enough to make me feel bad. I think its just the natural cruelty in the world resonating honestly lol,

I don't avoid anyone, but I will say that some of the more damaging ones tend to be: hood (not on his own...needs 2 good teammates), ares (green seems to be used really fast by him..and his yellow is pretty heavy damage and is glitches to still work free death), obw (she is on 90% of teams now..New thor basically...so you have to get used to fighting her. She isn't usually an issue but she has an annoying tendency to get a purple 5 cascade at some point, steal 1-2 purple from the cascade, and be sitting with 8-10 purple ready for the next turn. Extra annoying vs. Magneto as my go to colors are blue and purple)...and anyone that can drop strike tiles (except xforce...lol). Magneto can drop you if he gets lucky but I never look at him as a character to consider avoiding.

Honestly, I usually just look at how fast I can kill them...so health is probably more of a determining factor than anything else. I will be honest though, sometime I attack hulk users on purpose just so they don't think hulk makes them completely avoided lol.

I imagine black panther will be at the top of the avoidance list sometime soon.
  • High level Hulk with lots of Anger. High level classic Mags with 5 purple. Any 3 over level 85 boosted characters in lightning rounds.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Honestly, I usually just look at how fast I can kill them...so health is probably more of a determining factor than anything else. I will be honest though, sometime I attack hulk users on purpose just so they don't think hulk makes them completely avoided lol.

By the way what are the best ways to deal with the Hulk besides stunning (cStorm, Spidey; IM 40 and mHawkeye don't seem reliable)? Not deal too much damage with matchmaking and abilities? Sometimes you can't help but get a cascade out of the blue and anger the green monstrosity.

I only avoid Hulks because of their high health, Anger and my laziness (and usual lack of high damage output, for PvP I mostly run Daken-oBW for fast matchmaking damage), and to reliably deal with the Hulk I need to bring cStorm or Spidey to the team.
  • locked wrote:

By the way what are the best ways to deal with the Hulk besides stunning (cStorm, Spidey; IM 40 and mHawkeye don't seem reliable)? Not deal too much damage with matchmaking and abilities? Sometimes you can't help but get a cascade out of the blue and anger the green monstrosity.

I only avoid Hulks because of their high health, Anger and my laziness (and usual lack of high damage output, for PvP I mostly run Daken-oBW for fast matchmaking damage), and to reliably deal with the Hulk I need to bring cStorm or Spidey to the team.

I usually save up ap moves. Character one is usually downed via mostly matches and maybe one move, start attacking the second and ko hulk if I built up enough to ko him in one combination. 1-2 angers really aren't a big deal in the grand scheme of things...so keep that in mind when picking to ko the 2nd guy or hulk first with those big moves. High lvl hulks don't tend to get angry from just match damage either. Once hulk is alone he really cannot do much as 14 red is a very big hill to climb for the machine. I don't use stunners too often honestly as they slow down matches. Spidey stun + heal is great for early matches but far less helpful later on unless you are willing to fight through lots of +/- off. Wins def loses.

As for your team, I can see why hulk might be an issue lol. You didn't say your third, but unless that third is a high lvl magneto/bp/etc you are likely have too much damage coming from just strike tiles...which is not a great situation against the hulk. I don't think dakan/obw is a great combo, imo, because dakan takes advantage of her black but does nothing with her purple. Obw blue is useless for speed and her black is passive you her purple is going to be ap for at least 2 useless colors. I do understand why the matching.is used though.

That advice works for any team, but I usually am running magneto/punisher/required. 18 ap for a translocation and a retribution tends to ko hulk rather easily If you did 1-2k already from matches or another cheap ap move (assuming its lvl 141). Green makes the first character go down faster and blue is insane @lvl 5...only on offense though. Punisher black is throwaway really..I probably don't use it efficiently enough, but it it hardly matters. Yellow is hard to find a good use on almost any team. Part of the reason bp looks so good to go with punisher/mag/x team despite being rather lackluster.

Hulk isn't HARD to deal with. He just takes atad longer due to the hp pool. Punisher's red helps toitigate that, which is nice.
  • Honestly, the devs make me cringe. MMR is a horrid system lol.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spider-Man doesn't scare me anymore since I learned to deny with OBW. It's not foolproof, but you can't really prevent miracle cascades either.

High level Hulks scare me. Mainly because if I can't nuke Hulk down in 1 turn, he'll wipe my team with a full stock of green AP.