Auto mode for players

Pla5yer99
Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
is it possible to get a auto mode for players to save time? Sometimes we can do that for easy nodes or seed pvp teams? The auto mode can function the same way as enemy AI

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    You mean Thanos? ;)

Totally agree on the point that something has to be done about the easy nodes, especially if the stay the way they are in the new tests.
    It can't be that I'm joining 18 pointless matches every single day.

But I'm not sure if an Auto mode is the way to go. After all for those trivial nodes, I spend far more time starting the matches, clicking away menu screens, clicking away rewards, swapping out the Thanos cannon-fodder teammates, etc. than I actually spend in-fight.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    At least give us loadouts/teams so we can quick find them in a roster of 100s now. Or favourites them to the front of the queue regardless of level.

Starfury said:
    I spend far more time starting the matches, clicking away menu screens, clicking away rewards,than I actually spend in-fight.
    Me too, there needs to be a quick restart button (restart with same team/same node) if they expect us to grind 4-5 times for progression. It is just pointless since we've seen the story many many times before.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Pla5yer99 said:
    is it possible to get a auto mode for players to save time? Sometimes we can do that for easy nodes or seed pvp teams? The auto mode can function the same way as enemy AI
    I wonder if some players haven't worked out how to do this already. I know about 4-clearing Nodes as quickly as possible as soon as a chapter begins, then doing full clears just before the chapter closes, then rinse & repeat for each subsequent chapter of the Story event, yet even when I do this I'm still well below the top players.

I've done this grind on a few occasions and got every Progression reward only to see I'm still 10k-20k behind the top players, and not only am I not in the top 10 but I'm not even in the top 25. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    JSP869 said:
    Pla5yer99 said:
    I wonder if some players haven't worked out how to do this already. I know about 4-clearing Nodes as quickly as possible as soon as a chapter begins, then doing full clears just before the chapter closes, then rinse & repeat for each subsequent chapter of the Story event, yet even when I do this I'm still well below the top players.

I've done this grind on a few occasions and got every Progression reward only to see I'm still 10k-20k behind the top players, and not only am I not in the top 10 but I'm not even in the top 25. 
    If you're doing it right, you shouldn't see that much of a gap. The "optimal" method, to my knowledge, is:

- Clear essentials as soon as sub opens, starting with the highest value and working to lowest (4* to 2*)
    - Clear the other 6 nodes once each, then 4-clear them working backwards from the highest
    - Clear 3 more times at end of sub in the reverse order (lowest value first)
    - If there are any one-off nodes, do those last unless they are necessary to unlock timed nodes - since you only get points once, it doesn't matter when you do them
    - Don't forget to clear the yellow loaner node

How close are you cutting it on the second round of clears? When I've top-tenned I'm usually finishing up with less than 10 minutes before the sub ends. It's certainly possible to cut it closer, but I prefer a buffer in case I get unlucky and lose a couple times.