Will we see some X-Men in a near future?

Options
Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited June 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
I saw yesterday that another marvel game will add six X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey and Rogue) and Magneto to their roster in a few days. This will be their first X related characters. (https://news.marvel.com/games/66403/x-men-join-battle-marvel-future-fight/ )
Maybe we could hope for some new X-members in game.
And the clue "trapped in time" may refer to Bishop or Cable. 

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The general feeling is that we probably won't due to Demi being limited by character licenses and whatever Marvel is pushing. Plus we already have 6 of the 7 you mentioned.

Gambit, Rogue and Omega Red are my top wish list items (Nightcrawler is popular as well), but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I want a 4* Magneto. If they're looking for someone to play with the new mechanics behind fortified tiles, he would make perfect sense. Yet I am sure to be disappointed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want a 4* Magneto. If they're looking for someone to play with the new mechanics behind fortified tiles, he would make perfect sense. Yet I am sure to be disappointed.
    Well, look on the bright side. They're sparing you the disappointment of releasing a 4* Magneto with mechanics and art that you don't even like. This way, you can keep hoping forever ;)
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We might see Cable close to the release of Deadpool 2, though that being a Fox movie and not a Marvel/Disney movie they might not even try to push it. And that's also assuming they just do release a 5* Deadpool to go with the film.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Best hope for another mutant in the game, I think, is Molly Hayes, from Runaways, specifically because her connection to the X-Men is so light. I think Runaways characters are a pretty decent untapped source of potential characters for the game, especially with a TV show coming out in several months. 
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, it looks like X-Men is the most untapped treasure box of characters...and looks to stay that way.  It would be great to see Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Cable, Forge, Angel, Sabretooth,  in the game instead of overused rehashes.  With that said, I wouldn't mind another Magneto, Colossus (I always liked that guy), or Prof X.

Does anybody know if Demiurge needs a lic for each version of the character, or they buy one and can reuse?  For example, do they need 4 lic for OML, Patch, XFW, or 2* Wolverine?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think its one license for all variants
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's been leaked that Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite will have non-Disney/Sony characters too.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's really aggravating that Demiurge's license is so different from that of Kabaam or Netmarble.
  • heybub
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    I think its one license for all variants
    If that is the case, then it makes sense that they do so many variants.  It doesn't explain why they do so many variants of Wolverine/SM/Hawkeye but none of Doom/Magneto/etc.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's been leaked that Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite will have non-Disney/Sony characters too.
    I definitely saw Rocket & Groot teaser. Isn't they Marvel/Disney licensed?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I definitely saw Rocket & Groot teaser. Isn't they Marvel/Disney licensed?
    It was leaked a few months ago and confirmed by a Capcom rep last month. https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/may/24/marvel-vs-capcom-infinites-characters-reportedly-not-restricted-marvel-cinematic-universe/

A more recent rumor from an unproven source is that there will be a DLC pack with Dr. Doom and a few others. https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6eqnpt/because_incompetence_has_consequences_heres_mvci/
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the 5* Hawkeye Clint Barton thread HERE:

Cthulhu said:
    We do not have the rights to use certain characters, but we are always trying! Some day soon we hope to be able to have an update on this. But we do not have any current estimated date of exactly when.
    It's not new information by any means, but I suspect the development cycle is long enough that current characters were already planned for a "Spidey Summer" when that statement is made. So maybe once they're past Spidey's movie they'll have time to address it? Maybe?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Cthulhu said:
    We do not have the rights to use certain characters, but we are always trying! Some day soon we hope to be able to have an update on this. But we do not have any current estimated date of exactly when.
    It's not new information by any means, but I suspect the development cycle is long enough that current characters were already planned for a "Spidey Summer" when that statement is made. So maybe once they're past Spidey's movie they'll have time to address it? Maybe?
    Interesting. I wonder if the hold up is financial (buying the license) or simply Marvel will dictate who they can have. 
  • heybub
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    JHawkInc said:

Cthulhu said:
    Interesting. I wonder if the hold up is financial (buying the license) or simply Marvel will dictate who they can have. 
    It would be nice to get some clarity on that from D3 to help set expectations.