Summon zombie extra objective from non-creature sources a bug?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
Not sure if this is by design or not. Any input would be appreciated.

When doing an event with a "Summon x number of zombies" extra objective, are cards like Stir the Sands (cycled or cast) or the trigger from Cradle of the Accursed not suppose to count although it states "summon"?

I can understand Cradle but I feel almost like the Stir the Sands should count.

** Haven't tried Doomed Dissenter but I would assume the trigger doesn't count either?

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    you need to cast the creature from a creature card
    for it to count. it's been like this for some time now.

HH
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a change they made a while back. Summon, for objective purposes, only counts cards cast from hand. We've been asking for months for them to update verbiage on cards like Stir the Sands to "create" rather than summon, and change the objective verbiage to "cast" rather than summon.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Note that it could change back at any time, since the change was never announced, never acknowledged, unofficial and likely unintentional. Which is part of why the card wording isn't especially clear either.
  • G_pretender
    G_pretender Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    To me it makes sense the way it is now. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Irgy said:
    Note that it could change back at any time, since the change was never announced, never acknowledged, unofficial and likely unintentional. Which is part of why the card wording isn't especially clear either.
    Probably because of how easy it made the "summon x wolves or werewolves" objectives when running Garruk. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you, everyone for the information. I believe this can now be closed out.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Closing per OP's request.
This discussion has been closed.