Venom (Brock) re-work

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
This is how I would fix Venom.

Green Change: (9 ap)
Pick a tile, Venom destroys the row and does damage. Do extra damage per special tile destroyed.

If team has 13 green, drain 13 green and destroy the column as well. 

Black:
Passive: Whenever an enemy tile is created, buff a friendly strike tile. If no friendly strike tile exists, create a strike tile.  
At three covers, buff up to 2 tiles. At five covers, buff up to 3 tiles. My thought was that it would buff about 300 points at max covers and max level.

Yellow:
Same. Create multiple enemy shields. (this as an effect also triggers black power)

Thoughts?

Comments

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I think the black and yellow are interesting.  It would be a great counter to all the new characters that generate CDs.  
    Does the black trigger for every special tile created?  So for Daken, 2 strikes are created, does Venom buff 3 tiles, and then another 3 tiles?
  • therightwaye
    I was thinking once per power. OML triggers 3 special tiles created, but it only does the buff once. But if Daken triggered a power and then OML, that might be 6 buffs. But I obviously haven't been able to playtest that. :)
  • heybub
    I think that would work.  I like it.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I'd like to see his passive buff be lower, but have an identical debuff on random enemy strike/attack/protect tiles.  Nobody below 5* does that right now, so I think it could be a really nice addition to the meta.

I'd also change all references to strike tiles in that power to attack tiles.  Strike tiles are so overused.
  • therightwaye
    So more like his original? My only thought on that is you can only lower the enemies so far. I do like his original though, but how effective is it against groups that don't use special tiles.

I have no preference for strike tiles. I think Attack Tiles would actually be great. Wasn't sure if he should be more or less similar to Carnage though. I could argue either way is a good idea. 
  • heybub
    So more like his original? My only thought on that is you can only lower the enemies so far. I do like his original though, but how effective is it against groups that don't use special tiles.

I have no preference for strike tiles. I think Attack Tiles would actually be great. Wasn't sure if he should be more or less similar to Carnage though. I could argue either way is a good idea. 
    If it did attack tiles, it would work well with Carnage.  I like the idea of buffing team tiles instead of debuffing enemies.  I also like strike tiles, but that's because they are more powerful than attack tiles, since they enhance all damage.
  • therightwaye
    Oh I think that GREEN should have a passive component. Any time your team destroys a special tile do X damage per special tile.  And the 9 AP does some damage too. 

changing to reflect.