Amonkhet Card Gallery *Updated (6/26/17)

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    The reasoning they presented in the updated patch notes (just go back to the first post in the 2.1 Final Notes thread) was that they wanted to hold some cards back to be released at a later date as a way to "keep the game fresh".

I'm fine with that, to a certain extent. It will certainly give me something to look forward to. I just hope they don't sit on them for too long.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    wereotter said:
    Can someone confirm if this is a full set list? I've noticed in the patch notes that more cards will be added later, but apart from Temmet, every card here is in the game. Also what's up with him? Do we know why he's absent from the in-game card list?

@Brigsby, @LakeStone, can either of you shed any light on this?
    We are going to be releasing additional Amonkhet cards at a later date so this is only the initial batch of cards available in the game.  We will have more info on the additional cards coming in the next couple of weeks.  In regards to Temmet, let me find out and get back to you.
    Thanks! I look forward to hearing back :)
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    The additional cards seem to be in Trial of Zeal. I'll rattle some off.

As Foretold: 8 cost mythic blue support. Start of turn, gain mana equal to your count of supports. 

Pyramid of the Pantheon: 5 cost mythic colorless support. Start of turn, gain mana equal to the shields on this support (3 starting shield)

Samut, Voice of Dissent: 24 mana mythic red/green creature. 7/8 double strike. All your creatures have haste. Activate 2 gives everyone double strike

Cruel Reality: 11(?) mana mythic black support. 2 shields. Beginning of your opponent's turn, if they have a creature out the first one gets -3/-3. If not, they take 5 direct damage.

Harsh Mentor: 9 mana rare red creature: 4/4 (?). When opponent casts a card, they take 3 damage.
  • wereotter
    Phase said:
    The additional cards seem to be in Trial of Zeal. I'll rattle some off.

As Foretold: 8 cost mythic support. Start of turn, gain mana equal to your count of supports. 

Pyramid of the Pantheon: 5 cost mythic support. Start of turn, gain mana equal to the shields on this support (3 starting shield)

Samut, Voice of Dissent: 24 mana mythic creature. 7/8 double strike. All your creatures have haste. Activate 2 gives everyone double strike

Cruel Reality: 11(?) mana mythic support. 2 shields. Beginning of your opponent's turn, if they have a creature out the first one gets -3/-3. If not, they take 5 direct damage.

Harsh Mentor: 9 mana rare creature: 4/4 (?). When opponent casts a card, they take 3 damage.
    It popped up so fast I couldn't see the details, but Lay Claim is another card that permanently takes control of a creature. Sorry I don't have more details.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Throne of the God-Pharaoh (19 cost colorless mythic support):  When a creature you control attacks, your opponent takes X damage, where X is the number of creatures you control multiplied by 2.

Cruel Reality (11 cost black mythic support): At the beginning of your turn, the first creature your opponent controls gets -3/-3.  If your opponent controls no creatures, your opponent takes 5 damage instead.

Seraph of the Suns (7 cost white rare creature): 4/4 flying & prevent damage.  Text "When this creature would take damage, your planeswalker takes 6 damage instead.  This creature cannot block."
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone have an idea (since the official statement lacked it) what the reasoning behind that decision is? Why not show us all the cards? For the surprise in Trial?
  • wereotter
    Another new one:

Manglehorn
    Green, 14 mana, rare
    6/6
    When this creature enters the battlefield, a support your opponent controls is destroyed. At the beginning of your turn, a support your opponent controls loses 1 shield.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Angler Drake12 blue creature unc - bounce effect when etb
    As Foretold8 blue support mythic - gain X mana (X=your supports)
    By Force16 red spell unc - destroy 3 supports
    Champion of Rhonas19 green creature myth - exert3: move creature to battlefield from hand
    Consecrated Sphinx16 blue creature masterpiece - gets +3/+3 when opp draws a card
    Cruel Reality11 black support myth - first opp creature -3/-3 each turn, or 5 damage
    Grim Strider9 black creature unc - creature gains -x/-x on etb (x=cards in hand)
    Harsh Mentor9 red creature rare - opp takes 3 damage when casts card
    Honored Crop Captain12 red/white creature unc - 4/3 defender, When this creature attacks, each of your other creatures get +2/+0 until the end of turn.
    Lay Bare the Heart4 black spell unc - opp discard one random card
    Lay Claim21 blue spell unc - steal opp creature. cycling 3
    Manglehorn14 green creature rare - destroys support on etb, then drains 1 shield/turn
    Open into Wonder10 blue spell unc - each creatre unblockable and draws card on dmg
    Pull from Tomorrow2 blue spell rare - discard 1 then draw 5
    Pyramid of the Pantheon5 colorless supp mythic - gain X mana (x=shields on supp)
    Samut, Voice of Dissent24 green/red creature mythic - act2 doublestrike , all hasty
    Seraph of the Suns7 white creature rare - you take 6 damage when it takes dmg
    Throne of the God Pharoah19 colorless support myth - when your creature atk, opp takes X dmg (X = your creatures x2)
    Trueheart Duelist10 white creature unc - 2/2 defender, first strike, embalm 2

edited to add wereotter's contributions
  • wereotter
    True-Heart Duelist : white, 10 mana, uncommon
    2/2 defender, first strike
    Embalm 2

Honored Crop Captain : white/red, 12 mana, uncommon
    4/3 defender
    When this creature attacks, each of your other creatures get +2/+0 until the end of turn.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone have an idea (since the official statement lacked it) what the reasoning behind that decision is? Why not show us all the cards? For the surprise in Trial?

By holding back cards, they can ensure people will spend more money on crystals to chase those new cards when they are released. It's for your own good, you know. These changes are all for the player. Really.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards

By holding back cards, they can ensure people will spend more money on crystals to chase those new cards when they are released. It's for your own good, you know. These changes are all for the player. Really.
    If I've learned one thing from holding back 140 or so packs and opening them in one go when extra cards are released, it's that it's not worth holding back 140 or so packs and opening them in one go when extra cards are released.
  • wereotter

I had hoped that most of the cards were at least uncommon to give the player more value by opening packs later, but looking at the list @madwren is compiling, I'm seeing an awful lot of mythics. Pretty disappointing, really, considering how low the drop rate for mythics is in the first place, so having them available to loot longer would have been better for the player and neutral for the company.

Holding onto them to release later is now worse for the player, and probably only slightly better for the company. I can't see myself spending lots of money to chase new mythics, and so will just get what I get, I suppose....
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Found another one--I'm just going to start another thread.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    @LakeStone

which, if any, of the new cards are paid or event exclusive?
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    @LakeStone @Brigby

Cool to see some new stuff. Curiously, Pyramid of the Pantheon is missing from the list. Will it be added at a later date?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    octal9 said:
    @LakeStone

which, if any, of the new cards are paid or event exclusive?
    All will be available the day of June 9.
  • wereotter
    edited June 2017
    Looking forward to the new cards :)

@LakeStone, did you ever find out what's going on with Temmet? I see he's now in the listed cards for the set twice in the updated link, but still doesn't show up as in the game on my phone, and the link on the site here doesn't say he's not yet available in packs.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    wereotter said:
    Looking forward to the new cards :)

@LakeStone, did you ever find out what's going on with Temmet? I see he's now in the listed cards for the set twice in the updated link, but still doesn't show up as in the game on my phone, and the link on the site here doesn't say he's not yet available in packs.
    Thanks for catching the double post...I'll edit that when I get a chance.  The card will be available starting on June 9.
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    With the extra cards being added on Friday does that mean that Nissa, Steward of Elements and Liliana, Death's Mastery will be added to game soon as well?