Rhonas not working as printed [Dev's Aware]

Options
Delnai
Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
The following has happened to me
multiple times now: On my turn with Rhonas and a low-power creature on board, I temporarily pump one of my non-Rhonas creatures to have at least 8 power. Rhonas attacks as expected. At the end of the turn, my creature returns to its normal size so that now no creature other than Rhonas has power at least 8. Despite this, it is now able to block on my opponent's turn, even though Rhonas's text suggests it shouldn't. At the beginning of my turn, it is again not able to attack or block unless I again pump another creature to 8 power. 

Seems like it was coded to work like Bontu. I haven't been able to test the other 3 non-Bontu gods. They might have the same problem. 

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Delnai, thank you for filing this report. I've gone ahead and passed this on to the team for further investigation. 
  • G_pretender
    G_pretender Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have Rhonas and have not been able to duplicate this. I have noticed however that if the attacking creature has berserker it will attack Rhonas even if he is the only creature on my side, wich seems correct to me since he is not disabled. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have Rhonas and have not been able to duplicate this. I have noticed however that if the attacking creature has berserker it will attack Rhonas even if he is the only creature on my side, wich seems correct to me since he is not disabled. 
    That is correct. Gods are amazing against berserker creatures as they practically neutralize them.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have consistently been able to reproduce it both with Mantle of Webs and Haunted Cloak. 

Step 1: Cast Rhonas with no other creatures in play and then cast Hainted Cloak on it. 
    Step 2: Opponent casts non-berserker creature. 
    Step 3: I cast a 6-power creature then cast Larger than Life on it. Rhonas (correctly) attacks. 
    Step 4: On opponent's turn, I control only creatures with 6 power. Opponent's non-berserker creature attacks, and Rhonas blocks it. 

See battle logs here: https://imgur.com/a/Z03TT

@G_pretender Maybe you can say more specifically under what circumstances you expected to reproduce this behavior but were unable to? I'm sure it would help the devs. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    my experience is that once enabled rhonas will block
    until the beginning of my next turn. it doesn't match
    the text but I don't see an immediate problem with it.

HH