Save HP or buy slots or H4H or ????

Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
hi,

I have never had this dilemma before.  In the past I was always needing to save a 4 star from falling off the bottom of my reward list.  So when I had 1000 HP I would immediately get a slot and fill it.  But now I have almost all the the fours stars in the vault.  I am waiting on C&D but I can drop agent venom.    And I have 2500 HP in stock.  

I have never had this much.  

Options I see
1) buy a slot a farm more 2 stars (I rotate in the one I need for DDQ-BB.)
2) Heroes for Hire save a 1000 more and when Red Hulk comes (and it is not red cover) 1st 4*CHAMP
3) 100 HP daily   (cost per cover 100)
4) Save for 40 heroic (11000)  (cost per cover 275 if no bonus heroes)
5) Save more Wait for a 4 star I am after.  (9800 x2)  (cost per cover 245 no bonus heroes)
6) shields? never used one.  
7) other 

overwhelming...

TT

Currently at 104 slots
full mostly up to date at 
https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/TinTaiwan/

overview.  
5*  12  (half 3 or 4 covers, half 1 or 2)
4*  38  (no champs some at 11 or 12, a lot at 1-5 covers) 
3*  42 (38 champed)
2* half farming / half in rotation for DDQ-BB
1* just jug

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Farm 2* full on. That way you can benefit the system the most. Also try to keep all 4* (no point swapping CandD with Agent Venom - keep both). 

Other uses of HP? I occasionally buy daily deal on vaults (so I know what I might get). Also sometimes on shields in PvP (mainly to protect my score at the end of event or to make sure I can hit 900 and grab the 4* cover I really need). And from time to time we have special vaults that give great rewards (like around anniversary, so in September/October I guess). It makes sense to keep some HP for that occasion.

I would not waste HP on H4H store. The price is outrageous. But if you can champion Rhulk when he is there the next time - might be worth it (or just make him your Bonus Hero and he might show up sooner). No point saving for 10 or 40 packs. They tend to disappoint. 
  • Tintaiwan
    Magic said:
    Farm 2* full on. That way you can benefit the system the most. Also try to keep all 4* (no point swapping CandD with Agent Venom - keep both). 

Other uses of HP? I occasionally buy daily deal on vaults (so I know what I might get). Also sometimes on shields in PvP (mainly to protect my score at the end of event or to make sure I can hit 900 and grab the 4* cover I really need). And from time to time we have special vaults that give great rewards (like around anniversary, so in September/October I guess). It makes sense to keep some HP for that occasion.

I would not waste HP on H4H store. The price is outrageous. But if you can champion Rhulk when he is there the next time - might be worth it (or just make him your Bonus Hero and he might show up sooner). No point saving for 10 or 40 packs. They tend to disappoint. 

So you would say buy more slots.  I was going to drop venom as he will rotate out sooner than cloak and dagger.  So I have more chance to progress with c&d.

I hear rhulk is a machine when balanced right.  mine is 5/4/3 and what you want is ?/5/5.  If it is something other than red cover I can champ him and readjust.  

Saving for the anniversary vault is a good idea.  Still a long way off though

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The goal should be to roster all 3 and 4*. The fact that Venom will rotate out doesn't mean he won't be used as a required hero in DDQ and PvE. So it makes sense to keep him (even if you never champion him) and just open a new slot for the extra 4*.

Rhulk is amazing when boosted (and only then in my opinion). Especially if you can feed him his colors (say with Switch or TAHulk). But it makes more sense to just buy the missing cover with CP. I would store the CP for couple of weeks and wait till the next time he is boosted. When it happens buy the cover, champion him and enjoy your ride. To get 120 CP you need to play for about 2 wees (less if you can do 575 in PvP). Very attainable goal. 

Rhulk remains at the top of the food chain when boosted but the fact that he is vaulted means you will not get many champions levels. You can check on the forum when he might be featured as a PvP or PvE reward (just look in tips and guides section - there should be some sore of tracking on who is featured). Not sure which cover will be next there.

The 120 CP sound like a high price (it's 6 pulls from classics... or rather 5 as you gain the cover for Rhulk). So it's advisable only for couple of toons. Rhulk might be one. But having a single 4* champion might alter the game play for you. Keep that in mind.

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concur.  Roster everyone 2* and above.  Then buy more roster slots and fill them with 1*s or dupes of actively cycling 2* and/or 3* approaching max champ.

At least, that's the way to make the most out of the in-game economy.  Having every potential essential available all the time means you never get fully shut out of anything.  The only real limit you have is the Crash when you don't have more than 4-5 covers.  Certain characters really need to be ~ lv 140-180 to stand a chance, but others you can win with lv 70 if you have a single cover of the right type.

With a 2* farm and open access to all events, your hp accumulation accelerates and you reach a point where you generate a surplus above what's required to roster every new release.  I frequently spend that on 100 hp dailies, shields in PvP, and every once in awhile when I've really saved a bunch and there's an attractive vault, a 10-pack.
  • Tintaiwan
    good advice.  @Calnexin  and @Magic

I will save up cp to champ Rhulk.  that will take less time than HP.  HP I get 1000-1500 a week.  And I get around 120-140 CP a week.   I already re-rostered most of my 2 stars.  I had dropped some so I would not lose any 4 stars I had drawn.  But now the likelihood of a 4 star I don't have is sooo low.  I have all of them that are in the heroic token.  Missing vision and 3 star dococt.  But I will almost never get them.  

And I see the reward for Webbed is the last coulson I need.  About to get on board the ISO drain train.   

I will start saving the CP after the next season starts.  I really want to get another spiderwoman cover before she rotates out.  

@Calnexin any advantage to having dupes, or just to hold slots for future draws?