Explain why Carol is so good

Options
13»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Carol, coulson, 5* hawkeye isn't winfinite.  But it is a powerful ap engine.

Get 5 red or blue.  Shoot an arrow.  That creates 2 CD.  They will resolve in 1-3 turns, generating 4 blue, 4 or 6 red (depending on hawkeye covers) and 4 random ap.  

You can use carol yellow to accelerate the process.  And once you can fire carol black or hawkeye sonic arrow, you will have strikes that boost +1200 with every CD resolution.  It's a bit slow to start, but once you get some CDs to resolve you will very quickly start generating 10-15 ap per turn, so all of hawkeye's red arrows will do high damage and you burn through his quiver before you know it.  Add some boosted strikes and things end in no time.

No defense at all though, so it can eat some healthpacks.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just did a climb to 2000 in Simulator today and saw only a few characters in the top teams: Peggy, Carol, Medusa, Wasp, Carnage.  I always skipped the Carnage matches, but I had no fear of Wasp.  I can deal with Peggy and Carol, but it isn't fun. 

I'll admit that Carol influenced me in not matching my strongest color, changing the way I played my team.  Peggy just slows things down until you can stun/hit her.  So, when facing both Peggy and Carol, I would work down Peggy first while not collecting my strongest color.  Once I could stun her, I unleashed my arsenal and everyone died quickly.  Carol's tile buffing was not an issue. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I just did a climb to 2000 in Simulator today and saw only a few characters in the top teams: Peggy, Carol, Medusa, Wasp, Carnage.  I always skipped the Carnage matches, but I had no fear of Wasp.  I can deal with Peggy and Carol, but it isn't fun. 

I'll admit that Carol influenced me in not matching my strongest color, changing the way I played my team.  Peggy just slows things down until you can stun/hit her.  So, when facing both Peggy and Carol, I would work down Peggy first while not collecting my strongest color.  Once I could stun her, I unleashed my arsenal and everyone died quickly.  Carol's tile buffing was not an issue. 
    Who said tile boosting was significant on defense?  The ai is dumber than most rocks; of course it can't exploit her tile boosting well.  

Her black and yellow make her amazing for offense.  Her green is useful on offense and defense.  The combination makes her an excellent all-around character.